User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs down The hypocrisy of the new right

Seriously. I just could not help myself to stray into a political post but its so insane what is happening. The republicans are so funny in their hypocrisy. I used to be a republican so I can say this

Sarah Palin last year traveled all the way to Texas to get her hair done at a salon where the owner refused to wear a mask. The owner said it was her constitutional right to endanger her community. That's a long way to go to make a political point about masks. Fast forward to this year and Sarah Palin has Covid and is complaining about "bizarre" symptoms. Even worse is her son with pre-existing conditions also has Covid. Guess what? Now Sarah Palin has come out in support of wearing masks. Its just like the Senator who voted against gay rights until his son came out as gay then he supported gay rights. Unless it happens to you personally, its not reality. Its like what Jimmy Kimmel said, its like being clawed by a giant bear in the woods and then saying, I am now convinced that Bears have sharp claws and dangerous.

The bigger fool is weasel Marco Rubio. He can never take a position on a bill. He voted for a bi-partisan immigration bill and then went on Rush Limbaugh 30 minutes later to bash the bill that he not only sponsored but voted for. He posted on twitter a rambling speech going after corporations Delta Airlines and Coca Cola about them speaking out about the new GA voting bill. He is cancel culture on steroids. It was republicans that said corporations are people and they have the same right as citizens to donate money and speak out. Yet lil Marco is upset with these corporations. Seems when many on the right were cutting up their Target cards and trying to cancel Target because they introduced a gender neutral bathroom, he was silent.

You cant have it both ways. You cant scream cancel culture to the left when the republican right created and fully supports cancel cancel with introducing bills to target and harm the corporations who speak out against what they believe is wrong. They not only want them cancelled but punished. Laura Ingram and several others on Fox promote the same bullsh*t.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, move this to the political thread moderators. I thought all of chit chat was now open to political discussions but see there is a thread there for it.

SORRY
Old 04-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think all these bigshot political parties betray their principles (which they used to be surreptitious about, but now they openly wallow in it). They’re all just careerists and toadies. They are all so much smaller than our humanism, our formalized expression of experience. Thoughts?

Quote:
It is closing time in the gardens of the West and from now on an artist will be judged only by the resonance of his solitude or the quality of his despair.
—Cyril Connolly, 1949
Quote:
The culture is in a decadent phase, with taste breaking apart in desensitized confusion, artists lashed about by societal mores, and institutions shackled by ever more byzantine and tortured regulations.
—Jacques Barzun, 2001
The “Frontispice” (1918) is one of the least known, least discussed advances in modernism in the arts, perhaps equivalent to Kirsanoff’s 1926 Ménilmontant or Huysmans’s “The Damned” (“Là-Bas”). Who can say why it sprang from its revered composer’s shattered soul, back from the front lines of the Great War and still mourning his dead mother? Ravel has only recently been situated in the decadent avant garde, in Michael Puri’s Ravel the Decadent (Oxford University Press, 2012).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vii_I3JTf5s

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is endless .Today an internet crazy murdered another Capitol police officer and seriously injured another after Ted Cruz and the crazy Q anon congresswoman from Ga. railed against increased Capital security.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Seriously. I just could not help myself to stray into a political post but its so insane what is happening. The republicans are so funny in their hypocrisy. I used to be a republican so I can say this

Sarah Palin last year traveled all the way to Texas to get her hair done at a salon where the owner refused to wear a mask. The owner said it was her constitutional right to endanger her community. That's a long way to go to make a political point about masks. Fast forward to this year and Sarah Palin has Covid and is complaining about "bizarre" symptoms. Even worse is her son with pre-existing conditions also has Covid. Guess what? Now Sarah Palin has come out in support of wearing masks. Its just like the Senator who voted against gay rights until his son came out as gay then he supported gay rights. Unless it happens to you personally, its not reality. Its like what Jimmy Kimmel said, its like being clawed by a giant bear in the woods and then saying, I am now convinced that Bears have sharp claws and dangerous.

The bigger fool is weasel Marco Rubio. He can never take a position on a bill. He voted for a bi-partisan immigration bill and then went on Rush Limbaugh 30 minutes later to bash the bill that he not only sponsored but voted for. He posted on twitter a rambling speech going after corporations Delta Airlines and Coca Cola about them speaking out about the new GA voting bill. He is cancel culture on steroids. It was republicans that said corporations are people and they have the same right as citizens to donate money and speak out. Yet lil Marco is upset with these corporations. Seems when many on the right were cutting up their Target cards and trying to cancel Target because they introduced a gender neutral bathroom, he was silent.

You cant have it both ways. You cant scream cancel culture to the left when the republican right created and fully supports cancel cancel with introducing bills to target and harm the corporations who speak out against what they believe is wrong. They not only want them cancelled but punished. Laura Ingram and several others on Fox promote the same bullsh*t.
You're right. They made coronavirus into a "constitutional" issue.

Government is to protect its residents. They encourage the residents not to wear masks with their behavior. There was a group of GOP senators that were in Texas and not all were wearing masks.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
the crazy Q anon congresswoman from Ga. railed against increased Capital security.
Said with love, I think you meant "Capitol", right?

Did you see SNL's Passover with Vice President Harris where that congresswoman is a guest at the Seder and she enters through the window
Old 04-03-2021, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now republicans are trying to cancel Major League Baseball LOL
Old 04-03-2021, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Said with love, I think you meant "Capitol", right?

Did you see SNL's Passover with Vice President Harris where that congresswoman is a guest at the Seder and she enters through the window
I'll have to see if it is on youtube. BTW I spelled Capitol the right way earlier in the same post.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I'll have to see if it is on youtube. BTW I spelled Capitol the right way earlier in the same post.
You did! I see that now!
I think D.C. (city) Police are called Metro by the locals.
I remember visiting the Capitol with a guided tour...I said hi to Congressperson Barney Frank in the "Statuary Hall"!