Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Go Your Own Way" by Lindsey Buckingham
How Bitter Is It? 8 of 10. The song seems more bittersweet than straight bitter, until you remember that Stevie Nicks had to sing backup vocals.

Sample Lyric: "Tell me why everything turned around. Packing up, shacking up, is all you want to do"

Backstory: At the end of a debauched and dramatic two months in Sausalito, California, recording Rumours, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks split. Nicks tells Rolling Stone that Buckingham told her, "You take the car with all the stuff, and I'm flying back." And he did, and went to the Sunset Strip and recorded "Go Your Own Way." And for years the two of them sang it together onstage. Says Nicks, "I very, very much resented him telling the world that ‘packing up, shacking up' with different men was all I wanted to do. He knew it wasn't true. It was just an angry thing that he said. Every time those words would come out onstage, I wanted to go over and kill him."

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../52597768.html
Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Song Of The Day - "You Do Or You Don't" by Lindsey Buckingham from the album "Out Of The Cradle"

OK...I'm going to infuriate lots of people with this one...Fleetwood Mac was (or IS depending on their moods) Lindsey Buckingham. Without him...there is no band. You can keep Stevie Nicks...especially today's version of ol' croakin' Stevie. With the exception of a few classics ("Rhiannon," "Landslide") she really doesn't offer much to the band in my opinion. I'm sure there are lots of witchy woman lovers out there that are preparing for my lynching now. Lindsey's "Out Of The Cradle" album from 1992 is chock full of great songs that probably could have been big Fleetwood Mac hits, especially this one. I saw him touring behind this album at Town Hall in New York City with the band shown in this video. He was amazing...and he is still amazing today...

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/boot...fleetwood-mac/
Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From article snatch, quoting from Mick's comments to Rolling Stone

http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article...nnitus/1535383

Hearing loss is wide-spread in the industry. Kevin Shields, guitarist/singer for My Bloody Valentine, says “I did the damage to my ears listening to mixes in headphones at very loud levels without giving my ears time to recover.” Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac had a similar experience, “I was a major glutton for volume: ‘Gotta feel it, gotta hear it.’ Sooner or later you’re going to pay the reaper.”
Old 11-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Favorite Fleetwood Mac song?
mine would be, never heard of them, ew i hate fleetwood mac.
http://www.sodahead.com/fun/favorite...stion-1320875/
Old 11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Favorite Fleetwood Mac song?
mine would be, never heard of them, ew i hate fleetwood mac.
http://www.sodahead.com/fun/favorite...stion-1320875/
ew, i hate fleetwood mac.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default calling all norther New Jersyites

TUSK - Fleetwood Mac experience at WPU
Friday, November 12, 2010
Clifton Journal
WAYNE — TUSK, the amazing recreation of the music and stage show of Fleetwood Mac, will perform on Saturday, Nov. 13 at William Paterson University in Wayne. The concert will begin at 8 p.m. in Shea Center for Performing Arts.

TUSK covers all the great hits of Fleetwood Mac, including "Go Your Own Way," "Dreams," "Say You Love Me," "Hold Me," and "Tusk," in a memorable performance that recreates the entire stage show to perfection.
Kathy Phillips, singer/songwriter, captures the essence of Stevie Nicks with the voice and looks that will impress even the most diehard fan. The band consists of Scott McDonald in the role of Lindsey Buckingham on guitar and vocals, Tom Nelson as Mick Fleetwood on drums, Randy Artiglere as John McVie on bass, and Kim Williams as Christine McVie on keyboards and vocals.
The event is presented by Blue Raven and part of William Paterson's WPLive Vistas Series designed to serve the University's students and faculty, as well as the surrounding multicultural community. Funding for the Vistas Series at William Paterson University has been made possible, in part, by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State.

Tickets to the show are $25 for gold circle, $20 for orchestra, and $16 for loge.
For ticket information, call the Shea Center box office at 973-720-2371 or order online at www.wplive.org. Discounted tickets are available for the William Paterson community and senior citizens; call the box office for details.
WAYNE — TUSK, the amazing recreation of the music and stage show of Fleetwood Mac, will perform on Saturday, Nov. 13 at William Paterson University in Wayne. The concert will begin at 8 p.m. in Shea Center for Performing Arts.

The event is presented by Blue Raven and part of William Paterson's WPLive Vistas Series designed to serve the University's students and faculty, as well as the surrounding multicultural community. Funding for the Vistas Series at William Paterson University has been made possible, in part, by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State.

Tickets to the show are $25 for gold circle, $20 for orchestra, and $16 for loge.

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_ente...ce_at_WPU.html
Old 11-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Playlist: by Summer Camp | Indie Rock Reviews
By Bear
3) Fleetwood Mac – Over & Over Christine Mcvie was always our favorite member of Fleetwood Mac. In its ultimate 70s AOR fashion, this song just crushes your heart with its meaty emotional punch.

http://www.indierockreviews.com/2010...y-summer-camp/
Old 11-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
TUSK - Fleetwood Mac experience at WPU
Friday, November 12, 2010
Clifton Journal

TUSK covers all the great hits of Fleetwood Mac, including "Go Your Own Way," "Dreams," "Say You Love Me," "Hold Me," and "Tusk," in a memorable performance that recreates the entire stage show to perfection.
Kathy Phillips, singer/songwriter, captures the essence of Stevie Nicks with the voice and looks that will impress even the most diehard fan. The band consists of Scott McDonald in the role of Lindsey Buckingham on guitar and vocals, Tom Nelson as Mick Fleetwood on drums, Randy Artiglere as John McVie on bass, and Kim Williams as Christine McVie on keyboards and vocals.

For ticket information, call the Shea Center box office at 973-720-2371 or order online at www.wplive.org. Discounted tickets are available for the William Paterson community and senior citizens; call the box office for details.

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_ente...ce_at_WPU.html
Wow..this is a hop, skip and a jump from my office and another 20 minutes from my house. Not sure I'll make this though......but thanks for the heads up Viv!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Wow..this is a hop, skip and a jump from my office and another 20 minutes from my house. Not sure I'll make this though......but thanks for the heads up Viv!
You better run for your life said the mad hatter, all the way to that gig so you can give us a review.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sounds like one of Stevies' demands

The Brits Awards are a highlight of the music calendar.

While the Mercury Music Prize is a sombre affair, fittingly presided over by a professor of music, the Brits are pure showbiz both on stage and behind the scenes. When Fleetwood Mac received a special award they requested that their dressing room be painted beige. For medicinal purposes, I gather.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...s-2132876.html
Old 11-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.atlanticcityweekly.com/ar...108766939.html

Q&A With Shinedown's Brent Smith
More from AC Weekly’s interview with Shinedown’s lead singer. A member of one of hard rock’s most tireless bands, Smith talks about the vinyl re-issue of Shinedown’s last studio album, going to Iraq and the importance of Fleetwood Mac.

You started writing lyrics when you were in school?

I started writing lyrics when I was 10 years old and I started writing poems and what have you. Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks was a big influence lyrically. Lindsey Buckingham, he’s a brilliant guitar player. All of Fleetwood Mac, even Christine McVie, great lyrics. I would be lying and a fool if I didn’t tell you that John Fogerty wasn’t in my Top 10 — great vocals and just great lyrics. So those are some of them.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WNEW Rock News: Zep, Mac and Doors Gear Up for Auction
Posted by The Archivist - WNEW Staff on November 19, 2010

Chunks from the wall of rock and roll history are currently up for auction to benefit The Horse Sanctuary, a U.K.-based charity dedicated to the care of ex-racehorses.

Deborah Bonham - sister of Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham - performed a benefit show last week and is speaheading the auction, which runs through November 27th.

Among the items currently available for bid are a drum head from Led Zeppelin’s 02 Arena show, signed by all 4 members of the band (with bidding starting at £1,500).

Also available: a platinum disc for the Doors debut album, John McVie’s Tour Jacket from Fleetwood Mac's 1977 Rumours Tour, Paul Rodgers Signed CDs and a drum skin from the John Bonham LA Memorial that includes the drummers of AC/DC, GNR, Red Hot Chillis, Tool, The Firm, Foreigner, Ozzy, Whitesnake, Bonham and Dio.

Bids can be made by email at info@racehorsesanctuary.org

http://www.wnew.com/2010/11/1119-wne...r-auction.html
Old 11-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac mention on Glee!

Kurt: "I've been planning weddings since I was 2. My power Rangers got married and divorced in so many combinations they were like Fleetwood Mac."

Old 11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Crossed Pond » Thumbed Down
By Brad
Same with my single Disco station, which it seemed like I had to thumb down a lot of songs for that first day to calibrate it right. Also: **** Godsmack, 50 Cent, Danzig, and Fleetwood Mac, the repeat offenders on the list. ...
http://thecrossedpond.com/2010/11/23/thumbed-down/
Old 11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking back on 1977, it was a canonical year in music. Many releases eventually found their way to a number of greatest-albums-ever lists, but perhaps a lot of the music was simply overrated. In retrospect, iconical may be a better term, as career-defining more aptly describes a lot of the music from 1977. In fact, if you asked 100 people to list their top 5 albums from 1977, you would get 100 different answers with only Fleetwood Mac's Rumours making the majority of the lists.

Playlist Adds For Friday Flashback 1977

01. Pigs (Three Different Ones) by Pink Floyd
02. Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann's Earth Band
03. Estimated Prophet by The Grateful Dead
04. Janie Jones by The Clash
05. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
06. (Your Love Is Lifting Me) Higher And Higher by Rita Coolidge
07. She's Always A Woman by Billy Joel
08. That Smell by Lynyrd Skynyrd
09. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Elton John
10. Psycho Killer by The Talking Heads
11. Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett