Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mirage question

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any good sounding Mirage cd's out? I have one I got in the late 80's (I think, maybe early 90's) and it just is not that great. You can't play it very loud. It just is very quiet sounding. I was wondering if cd's made more recently are better sounding, or is this cd on itunes? If it's on itunes, does it sound better and louder? I've never been on itunes, but just might have to check it out if it's the only place to get a good quality Mirage.

Any rumors of Mirage being redone like they did Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, and Tusk?

Thanks for any info.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any good sounding Mirage cd's out? I have one I got in the late 80's (I think, maybe early 90's) and it just is not that great. You can't play it very loud. It just is very quiet sounding. I was wondering if cd's made more recently are better sounding, or is this cd on itunes? .
Yes, that bad sounded CD is something we have complained for years. In Peru they used to import CDs from Europe, in the early 90s. But I couldn't find Mirage, I got the american release, the same bad CD you got.

I've not checked iTunes yet but it's a good idea, I hope it sounded better.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Though still not great, I find the UK version better thn the US one and you could easily get that at amazon.co.uk or something.

John
Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info you guys. Maybe I'll try looking for the UK version then. I haven't listened to my copy in a few years and I really miss it. For some reason, springtime always makes me want to play it.

If anyone ever tries it from itunes please let me know how it sounds. I don't have an itunes account, but I know eventually some Mac or Stevie thing will be on there that I can't get anywhere else. I will eventually need to get with the times!

Does anyone else find it to be something that just sounds great in the spring? I get weird like that and often have albums I love at certain times of the year. I just dug up my Toys in the Attic Areosmith cd too for spring. But I am craving Mirage!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't have the Mirage album. But I did buy Straight Back from Itunes. I think it sounds pretty loud on my computer and Ipod. I am pretty sure Itunes has all the Fleetwood Mac albums. Oh except for my favorite album Mystery to me. And it's certainly a mystery why they don't have it. I wonder if maybe Bob Welch had something to do with that.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline View Post
Oh except for my favorite album Mystery to me. And it's certainly a mystery why they don't have it. I wonder if maybe Bob Welch had something to do with that.
No. I'm positive Bob wouldn't do anything to stop them from selling MTM. It's just probably not on their radar, since a goat isn't involved...

Mystery To Me is also my favorite FM album.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I seriously doubt Mirage would sound any better if you were to purchase it via iTunes. It has never been re-issued so; they’d only have what was originally available, unless a re-issue of Mirage was sent to iTunes under the radar.

Now, you can do what I do. I like to use Real Player when making a mix CD instead of iTunes. If you have a premium account, when you make a CD there is a feature where you can adjust the sound level so that all the songs from the play list that you are putting on the CD are the same. But the trick is, I use Hold Me, Gypsy and Love In Store that were issued on later best of releases so that it has something to actually adjust. If you simply just carry over all the songs from the Mirage CD it won’t work. I know this is weird but trust me, it works. iTunes does have a similar feature to adjust sound level but as many times as I’ve tried it, it doesn’t even compare to how much better it sounds when I use RP instead. When I try this with iTunes, the sound (at least to my ears) comes out muffled, therefore, I use RP
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I seriously doubt Mirage would sound any better if you were to purchase it via iTunes. It has never been re-issued so; they’d only have what was originally available, unless a re-issue of Mirage was sent to iTunes under the radar.

Now, you can do what I do. I like to use Real Player when making a mix CD instead of iTunes. If you have a premium account, when you make a CD there is a feature where you can adjust the sound level so that all the songs from the play list that you are putting on the CD are the same. But the trick is, I use Hold Me, Gypsy and Love In Store that were issued on later best of releases so that it has something to actually adjust. If you simply just carry over all the songs from the Mirage CD it won’t work. I know this is weird but trust me, it works. iTunes does have a similar feature to adjust sound level but as many times as I’ve tried it, it doesn’t even compare to how much better it sounds when I use RP instead. When I try this with iTunes, the sound (at least to my ears) comes out muffled, therefore, I use RP
I'm so glad you gave these instructions. I knew this because I've been using real player for 6 years. There are so many Ledgies who will find this as useful information. People are always asking how to make songs sound better and you just gave a great tutorial. My favorite feature on real player is the music trimmer. That allows me to trim away dead airspace at the beginning or end of songs so there doesn't have to be such a long pause between tracks. Quite often when I transfer music from youtube to mp3 there is dead airspace to delete.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Real player is crap.the same goes to Icrap."Itunes".To clean up cd's I use editing software Cool Edit Pro or Sound Forge ,Adobe Audition with all their plugin's .Or even free Winamp will work with it's plugin's.Or any other audio editing software will work.

Anyway I hope the whole FM library gets remastered.Mick should push WB to do that instead of fussing about Stevie's and Lindsey's doings.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Check amazon's mp3's. I've gotten Straight Back and Wish You Were Here from there and to my ears they sound good.