Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And this time there will be no Lindsey to offer him his Winnebago to live
First Homer and now you Button lip....
Both making me laugh

I know we are living in weird and strange times...but
“What’s the world coming to”

Still anything that makes us smile at the moment is good.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Both making me laugh

That's FM's fault, always giving us material to make everybody smile…. well, not everybody, but we don't care.

Hope you're staying healthy and fine on your side of the world.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Both making me laugh

Thanks Sue for having a good sense of humor. Too many fans don't have that.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's FM's fault, always giving us material to make everybody smile…. well, not everybody, but we don't care.

Hope you're staying healthy and fine on your side of the world.
Staying well, yes ...thanks..
Stir crazy, from seeing no one....yes
Going slowly bonkers (favourite word of mine)....I sure am !!!!!

Hope you’re good..
Old 04-24-2020, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thanks Sue for having a good sense of humor. Too many fans don't have that.
In the 1950s in the UK we had a band of people called The Goons...
Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan etc.
Well life in the UK at the moment is like living in an episode of the Goons.

A sense of humour helps.
AAAAAAGGHHH..
Old 04-25-2020, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the 1950s in the UK we had a band of people called The Goons...
Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan etc.
Well life in the UK at the moment is like living in an episode of the Goons.

A sense of humour helps.
AAAAAAGGHHH..
We're six weeks into the quarantine here. In this area of the country we often hunt these wild "morel" mushrooms in the spring time. I usually only go 3 or 4 times every year, but I've been wandering this huge state forest by myself EVERY afternoon for a couple of hours, looking for them, for about 3 weeks now. I was going stir crazy until I started doing that! It's helped a great deal.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're six weeks into the quarantine here. In this area of the country we often hunt these wild "morel" mushrooms in the spring time. I usually only go 3 or 4 times every year, but I've been wandering this huge state forest by myself EVERY afternoon for a couple of hours, looking for them, for about 3 weeks now. I was going stir crazy until I started doing that! It's helped a great deal.
The magic mushroom ...yeah that’ll help..
Old 04-27-2020, 10:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That’s why I’m also hoping for this tour to be 100 percent canceled. People need the money right now!
Sadly, I hope they cancel the tour for this reason, as well. Just cancel it for the benefit of your fans who are struggling right now and need the money!

Of course I would never want an LB tour canceled normally, but this is not "normally." People need the money right now and the only way to get a refund is to cancel the shows (which is crappy on Ticketmaster's part but it is what it is).

His people must know that his fans will support him and buy tickets whenever a new tour is announced... I hope they realize it would be the right thing to do for many of us in this difficult time (which hopefully will soon pass, but there's no guarantee).

Hope you are all well.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Sadly, I hope they cancel the tour for this reason, as well. Just cancel it for the benefit of your fans who are struggling right now and need the money!

Of course I would never want an LB tour canceled normally, but this is not "normally." People need the money right now and the only way to get a refund is to cancel the shows (which is crappy on Ticketmaster's part but it is what it is).

His people must know that his fans will support him and buy tickets whenever a new tour is announced... I hope they realize it would be the right thing to do for many of us in this difficult time (which hopefully will soon pass, but there's no guarantee).

Hope you are all well.
if you bought your ticket through the venue, even if the show is just postponed (and the new date is announced) you can get your money back. so for the Vegas show for example, you can get your money back, even though there's a new date now.

it's just ticketmaster that is draining people (surprise, surprise!). ticketmaster will never do what is the "right thing to do" sadly. i will try to avoid buying future tickets through ticketmaster / live nation at all costs, and chose shows sold directly through venues.

that said, the right thing to do was what The Killers did - they announced the fall arena tour, but didn't put the tickets on sale yet - waiting to see what will happen, and not taking money from people in the meantime.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2020, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post

Hope you are all well.
I can't see how this tour can actually happen with all the precautions, and safety measures you have to take, the social distance, and well, apart from that I think this is definitely not the right time for tours and anything related to the entertaintment industry.

Like you said, people need the money for more substantial things right now.

I'm sure he understands.

Hope you're well too.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-27-2020, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, quaratine is getting the best of us. Or the worst, however you want to see it.
I also found myself doing things I haven't done for a long time. Exotic cooking, knitting and mending clothes are on the top of my list.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How about Lindsey doing a streaming show online? Lindsey solo is something we'd all like. Having a band isn't necessary for him. I've seen other performers doing this and it's been very enjoyable during this concert drought. And people anywhere in the world can tune in. And if he is feeling mercenary he can have a tip jar.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:50 AM
UnwindedDreams
This message has been deleted by UnwindedDreams.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anybody a ticketholder?
I have Vegas tix. His tour's first date is 2 weeks earlier on July 31.

Intriguing that his shows are still on sale. I hope the summer tour stays on
Old 05-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Anybody a ticketholder?
I have Vegas tix. His tour's first date is 2 weeks earlier on July 31.

Intriguing that his shows are still on sale. I hope the summer tour stays on
i have tickets for 2 shows, and since they are front rows, i don't want to ask for refund yet. plus maybe if the tour is postponed again, those tickets will still be honored.

hoping something unexpected happens like the great working vaccine or drug... otherwise i would hate for these shows to go on, just because some states may open before it makes sense for public health. would probably be a bad idea for everyone involved. and if they do go on, i'm not sure whether i will go since i'd have to travel (none of these shows are close to me, not even driving distance. so it depends where we are then. if my state doesn't allow movement in and out, i will not go just because another state does.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2020, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hoping something unexpected happens like the great working vaccine or drug... otherwise i would hate for these shows to go on, just because some states may open before it makes sense for public health. would probably be a bad idea for everyone involved. and if they do go on, i'm not sure whether i will go since i'd have to travel (none of these shows are close to me, not even driving distance. so it depends where we are then. if my state doesn't allow movement in and out, i will not go just because another state does.
The state of Georgia did their version of opening yet I see LB's Atlanta show is postponed. Maybe the reason for no rescheduling there is because it's a harder venue to get a date on the venue calendar booked.