User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2023, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
So wait...not only is the fracturing of Fleetwood Mac entirely on Lindsey's shoulders, but he's also on the hook to maintain the gold standard of Fleetwood Mac material on the albums?
I mean, you have to appreciate the humor of Lindsey demanding more creative control of the recording process, they give it to him, he takes considerably more time tweaking and adding extraneous parts while boxing them out, and then bitches about how they were just partying. Like, what the hell else were they going to do while sitting around for days on end?!? The longest project I was ever involved with in the studio was nine days. The overdubs were brutal. Luckily, there was a lot of alcohol.

Quote:
Regarding Family Man and Empire State....I only need to say one thing. When I See You Again. Anyone with an opinion could say the same thing about Wish You Were Here. That's such a bunk argument to make.
WYWH is a masterpiece compared to the other schlock you mentioned. I would have loved a live version. At least the piano intro lived on with Silver Springs.

Quote:
At least the guy could show up for more than 6 weeks. Yeah, he filled out that album while Stevie dried out in rehab.
And, yet, Christine, who also showed up, didn’t have any filler. Even “Mystified” has a charming, clever retro vibe.

And, that’s maybe the perfect snapshot of the crux. The creative visionary said he had 60 songs ready to record and he went with “Family Man” and “You & I, pt. II.”

ETA: And then he disappeared for five years, making fewer public appearances than Punxsutawney Phil.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-26-2023 at 03:53 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How’d that go for him?
A person can only eat so much sh*t in their lifetime.... listen to so many NEVER ENDING, BLATHERING ON stories.

As much as he hated the firing, I'm sure a small part of him was glad to finally have that idiot out of his life. I'd be glad.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
A person can only eat so much sh*t in their lifetime.... listen to so many NEVER ENDING, BLATHERING ON stories.

As much as he hated the firing, I'm sure a small part of him was glad to finally have that idiot out of his life. I'd be glad.
But he wasn’t. He’d absolutely kiss the ring if they’d let him back in the band.

Part of me totally expects them to exploit Christine’s passing as a “springboard” to another SYW lineup tour. It’ll be another “profound healing experience” that will “tie up loose ends left dangling after our parting of ways.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2023, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But he wasn’t. He’d absolutely kiss the ring if they’d let him back in the band.

Part of me totally expects them to exploit Christine’s passing as a “springboard” to another SYW lineup tour. It’ll be another “profound healing experience” that will “tie up loose ends left dangling after our parting of ways.”
But Steve, look at Stevie playing the Bulls, Maple Leaves, and Knights arenas on her own. Why would she ever connect with Lindsey again if he isn't needed to sell tickets? He doesn't sell out 1,000 seats everywhere.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

WHICH. IS. PATHETIC.

Where's my Tusk Lindsey?

god I hope they're finished.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WHICH. IS. PATHETIC.

Where's my Tusk Lindsey?

god I hope they're finished.
Just goes to show the power of forgiveness. If it makes Lindsey feel better to forgive and move on, more power to him. To me, it looks like Lindsey has totally moved on, but might be willing to reunite with the band if the stars aligned. Now that Christine is gone, it may never happen, of course. But Lindsey gotta do what Lindsey gotta do.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where's my Tusk Lindsey?
Hey, now! Don’t lose hope. If you just keep your faith in cycles, Tusk Lindsey will return, someday.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tons of talent. Brilliant musician. It’s his people skills, at least as they relate to Fleetwood Mac, his inflated sense of importance, and how he wasted so much time in his career that are the problem.
I would agree with this post, Mr. Hopkins.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’d be shocked if she didn’t do Don’t Stop in her encore nightly on this tour. And it’s a perfect fit for Billy Joel to join in on for those dates.
Even the brief thought of that gives me a sunken feeling. I can hear this performance in my head. So much cringe. The stadium rocking with 50,000 gyrating torsos and all that singing along. Ugh. Big festivals used to be hip, with good drugs and stoners. Now they’re middle-class shameless.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2023, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, you have to appreciate the humor of Lindsey demanding more creative control of the recording process, they give it to him, he takes considerably more time tweaking and adding extraneous parts while boxing them out, and then bitches about how they were just parting. Like, what the hell else were they going to do while sitting around for days on end?!? The longest project I was ever involved with in the studio was nine days. The overdubs were brutal. Luckily, there was a lot of alcohol.

WYWH is a masterpiece compared to the other schlock you mentioned. I would have loved a live version. At least the piano intro lived on with Silver Springs.

And, yet, Christine, who also showed up, didn’t have any filler. Even “Mystified” has a charming, clever retro vibe.

And, that’s may the perfect snapshot of the crux. The creative visionary said he had 60 songs ready to record and he went with “Family Man” and “You & I, pt. II.”

ETA: And then he disappeared for five years, making fewer public appearances than Punxsutawney Phil.
It's laughable how you chime in with some perceived authority to declare which of Lindsey's songs are "filler", while giving the rest of the band a free pass...including Stevie..AGAIN.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Even the brief thought of that gives me a sunken feeling. I can hear this performance in my head. So much cringe. The stadium rocking with 50,000 gyrating torsos and all that singing along. Ugh. Big festivals used to be hip, with good drugs and stoners. Now they’re middle-class shameless.
Aww come on now - if your life is good for you, just think what tomorrow may do!
Old 01-26-2023, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. M

It’s crap. Along with Only Over You. Let’s not pretend any of the three Rumours era writers didn’t have their share of filler.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
One, I think there’s a difference between doing a tribute to someone who died and someone who had surgery.

Two, in the case with Lindsey’s emergency surgery and subsequent recovery, the band was damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Some people would be outraged if the band expressed condolences, while others would be outraged if they didn’t. No-win situation there. I suspect Lindsey appreciated any well wishes, no mater who they were from.

Third, and this isn’t directed solely to you by any means, Macfan4life, but to others who are saying Stevie shouldn’t do a tribute to Christine- Stevie can do whatever she likes. Chances are, the people here saying she shouldn’t do a tribute won’t be at the concerts anyway, right?

I would be thrilled if Lindsey paid tribute to Christine in his next tour.
One. There is no difference in that its words from the stage about someone as an acknowledgement of death or hospitalization.

Two. You are correct it is damn if you do, damn if you dong.

Third, You are correct. I have even said it, Stevie is free to do what she wants to do. I am just saying personally I thought her concert stopping tributes to Prince and Tom were not needed. I dont need her to warble through one of their songs, tell stories about them to convince everyone that she cares. I already said she boxed herself in with other show stopping tributes that if she does not do one bigger, she will be flamed for not caring which is ridiculous.
Lastly, Lindsey shows tributes to Christine in everything he does. She will always be with him as he plays. I personally dont need him to say it to know he knows it and feels it. And if he never said a word, I still know he cares. In this social media age people are so hung up on showing concern and emotions over and over because they get flamed or accused they dont care. I am not that simplistic to think that is Stevie or Lindsey did a concert and Christine never came up it would mean they never cared for her.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-26-2023 at 02:13 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 02:58 PM

Quote:

WYWH is a masterpiece compared to the other schlock you mentioned. I would have loved a live version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTKYvapgMDs
Old 01-26-2023, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yeah, I hadn’t forgotten. I was thinking more about a full-band arrangement.

THE Stephen Hopkins