Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's always been her favorite album.
But she always thought Santana did it first.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But she always thought Santana did it first.
No, she thought it was a Santana album. Even though she bought all the Fleetwood Mac records and listened to them and told Lindsey we could add something to this band.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'd say that less than 5% of the audience wants to hear her long, boring stories. Not because it's her... no one wants to hear long drawn out blathering stories. They're there for the music. She needs to get over her own legend. STFU, Stevie.
My aunt went on that tour and said, "God that was a bit much." She's a big time goathead.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, she thought it was a Santana album. Even though she bought all the Fleetwood Mac records and listened to them and told Lindsey we could add something to this band.
$he said $he listened to them back to front!!!

Once again, LIAR.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Once again, LIAR.
She's honestly hilarious with the "stories" she tells. It's always always always to elevate her standing in anything related to FM.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Once again, LIAR.
And, as she tells it, she used what little $ she had and BOUGHT all the albums, whereas Mick says he gave her a set of them.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My aunt went on that tour and said, "God that was a bit much." She's a big time goathead.
The last time I saw Fleetwood Mac with my mom, who was a stroke survivor, in 2014, she said she really loved Christine, thought Lindsey was great (though not as good as Richard Thompson, who we’d seen the night before), but Stevie was “all blah blah blah.” Then she started going off on how bad Stevie was and wondered why they were keeping her in the band. She had zero filter and was kind of loud. I quietly tried explaining the equation to her, but mostly wanted her to be a little quiet until we got to the car, since there were a lot of chiffonheads around us. It was hilarious!

However, the massive grin she had seeing Christine on stage was awesome. Christine was only a year younger. I think seeing someone her age who was vibrant and still kicking ass was profound for her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The last time I saw Fleetwood Mac with my mom, who was a stroke survivor, in 2014, she said she really loved Christine, thought Lindsey was great (though not as good as Richard Thompson, who we’d seen the night before), but Stevie was “all blah blah blah.” Then she started going off on how bad Stevie was and wondered why they were keeping her in the band. She had zero filter and was kind of loud. I quietly tried explaining the equation to her, but mostly wanted her to be a little quiet until we got to the car, since there were a lot of chiffonheads around us. It was hilarious!

However, the massive grin she had seeing Christine on stage was awesome. Christine was only a year younger. I think seeing someone her age who was vibrant and still kicking ass was profound for her.
I was so proud of Christine. Everything she did from BuckVie to FMAC tours, Classic shows. Pure professional and class vs crass!

People come to hear music. The banter between the members is a lot fun, but jeez.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Once again, LIAR.
Has anyone ever done the math on how much money it was to buy the FM catalog in '74. I'll use 2018 dollars since inflation is a little crazy right now...a $4.99 album (which was a common price for an LP back then) in 1974 is the equivalent to $25.42 in 2018 dollars. Even if she got them on sale for $3.99, thats $20 and change a pop.

That was a lot of money for a waitress. I'm guessing she may have went to a record store that still had listening booths and did her homework there.

Edit: we're looking at upwards of $180-200.00 in '74 dollars / 1k-ish in 2018

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-30-2023 at 01:27 PM..
Old 01-30-2023, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Has anyone ever done the math on how much money it was to buy the FM catalog in '74. I'll use 2018 dollars since inflation is a little crazy right now...a $4.99 album (which was a common price for an LP back then) in 1974 is the equivalent to $25.42 in 2018 dollars. Even if she got them on sale for $3.99, thats $20 and change a pop.

That was a lot of money for a waitress. I'm guessing she may have went to a record store that still had listening booths and did her homework there.

Edit: we're looking at upwards of $180-200.00 in '74 dollars / 1k-ish in 2018
She probably bought Kiln House through HAHTF, since Richard and Lindsey already had TPO.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2023, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She probably bought Kiln House through HAHTF, since Richard and Lindsey already had TPO.
Btw, Bengals were sort of robbed. I felt like Mahomes stopped then flopped.
Just a horrible way to give someone a win. (refs)
Old 01-30-2023, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie definitely could have been lying about buying the albums- or maybe Mick gave them to her.

Stevie definitely could have been lying about listening to them in the first place- or maybe she forgot that Black Magic Woman was a song she heard on the album.

I appreciate learning how much it would have cost her to buy those albums back in 1974. That is commitment. I don’t know or care one way or the other, but it does seem like a couple of people have a vested interest in getting to the bottom of this mystery. I tend to think that after 50 years, her memory is cloudy. If she lied about listening to the albums, I guess I just can’t get worked up about it. This isn’t a criticism at all. I’m truly amazed at how fans can quote dates and interviews and events- that’s awesome. A couple of you folks are incredible at that, and I appreciate it.

Here’s a mystery I really wish someone could solve once and for all- is Stevie really on Everywhere and Heart of Stone? Some people swear up and down she’s on one or both songs, while others say she isn’t. I wish we could get Mick, Lindsey, and Billy to do a fan Q&A so we could get the answers, along with dozens of others.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I tend to think that after 50 years, her memory is cloudy.
I don't think it's the 50 years. I think Stevie has the worst memory of the Fleetwood Mac members. I thought Chris' was likely the best. I think the drug abuse, and the Klonopin really did damage to Stevie's memory.
Old 01-30-2023, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Btw, Bengals were sort of robbed. I felt like Mahomes stopped then flopped.
Just a horrible way to give someone a win. (refs)
They got jobbed, but also had some really stupid penalties.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2023, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stevie definitely could have been lying about buying the albums- or maybe Mick gave them to her.

Stevie definitely could have been lying about listening to them in the first place- or maybe she forgot that Black Magic Woman was a song she heard on the album.

I appreciate learning how much it would have cost her to buy those albums back in 1974. That is commitment. I don’t know or care one way or the other, but it does seem like a couple of people have a vested interest in getting to the bottom of this mystery. I tend to think that after 50 years, her memory is cloudy. If she lied about listening to the albums, I guess I just can’t get worked up about it. This isn’t a criticism at all. I’m truly amazed at how fans can quote dates and interviews and events- that’s awesome. A couple of you folks are incredible at that, and I appreciate it.

Here’s a mystery I really wish someone could solve once and for all- is Stevie really on Everywhere and Heart of Stone? Some people swear up and down she’s on one or both songs, while others say she isn’t. I wish we could get Mick, Lindsey, and Billy to do a fan Q&A so we could get the answers, along with dozens of others.
It just my hunch but I bet she did not buy ALL the albums back to the 1960s. I do imagine she was curious who they were and bought several of the most recent ones up to 1974. She would not have found Black Magic Woman on those. I think anyone would want to know how a band sounded before joining. So I think she over embellished with the word "all."
I personally dont hear Stevie on Everywhere. But like many when the album came out just assumed she was there especially after Mick's book. However, I always used to think it was Stevie on Family Man and then many years I heard it wasn't. I listened carefully and could hear Lindsey I swear. But then that 1987 Lindsey interview was just posted before leaving FM and he mentioned that Stevie was added to Family Man. So its probably her. IMHO if she was on Everywhere her voice would be more profound and noticeable.

BTW
Here is her Black Magic Woman story.
Its weird because she claims she thought it was Santana who wrote the song. That is what everyone believes so when she heard it on the radio she would be no different. HOWEVER when she joined Fleetwood Mac, I am shocked she never learned their history to know it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iudiixaHILI

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-30-2023 at 07:03 PM..