Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2023, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Lis — thanks for sharing that insight into John and Chris’ friendship over the years. I feel like we knew in our hearts that John was a true friend to Chris, without the self promotion and fanfare that some other members of the band engaged in. But I’m glad that he got to be there with her and her family and that it’s not been part of the public discourse.

I’m glad that the other three were able to attend this event in peace.
That's just tip of the iceberg from what i could pull from this brain. Yes they were indeed true friends. It's a good thing I can't post any photos here or there would be an endless stream of j/c pictures, too!

John was there at memorial with the other 3, btw. Just didn't come out the front for photos etc. No surprise on that.

--Lis
Old 01-11-2023, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s honestly so heartwarming to read all these little details of John and Chris’s relationship over the years. May we all be so lucky to experience the kind of lifelong deep friendship they shared.
Old 01-12-2023, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I'm glad it's helping you cope. This is why I came back to the ledge...because honestly her passing hit me very hard. i was surprised at how hard. and i needed to be here with people who get it, to help ME cope.

--Lis
She truly was the heart of the band. Always.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel a strange way, like I miss her in the world, even though she wasn't part of my world. It's not like I could see or talk to her. She's not even like other celebrities that I see regularly in magazines or on tv. If Anderson Cooper died, I watch him every night, so it would make sense that I miss him. But I haven't seen Chris in years. And when she was out of the band, all of us went years without seeing or hearing anything new from her. But now, it's like I can feel her not being there. And thinking that the 5 of them can never be together again or that Chris will never know how the Songbird collection did . . . it's bonkers and kind of hopeless.

Did she really get sick suddenly? Was she cognizant long enough to realize that Everywhere was everywhere. Because it feels like she's no longer on earth, when I hear her songs I just tear up, now.

The funny thing is, with people I actually knew in my life, I don't feel this way. My dad died in 2005 and I still talk to him in my head and sometimes out loud. I still feel that he's . . . somewhere. But I can see Christine on video or hear her any time I want to. Yet, she's not there. And it seems unnatural. I'm not thinking she was 79 and lived a long time and "we all knew it was coming."

With a lot of these celebrities, you admire their work and think of it fondly, but you aren't really "sad" when they die. It's the course of life. But with her, my brain is reacting like the universe was interrupted, somehow.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I feel a strange way, like I miss her in the world, even though she wasn't part of my world. It's not like I could see or talk to her. She's not even like other celebrities that I see regularly in magazines or on tv. If Anderson Cooper died, I watch him every night, so it would make sense that I miss him. But I haven't seen Chris in years. And when she was out of the band, all of us went years without seeing or hearing anything new from her. But now, it's like I can feel her not being there. And thinking that the 5 of them can never be together again or that Chris will never know how the Songbird collection did . . . it's bonkers and kind of hopeless.

Did she really get sick suddenly? Was she cognizant long enough to realize that Everywhere was everywhere. Because it feels like she's no longer on earth, when I hear her songs I just tear up, now.

The funny thing is, with people I actually knew in my life, I don't feel this way. My dad died in 2005 and I still talk to him in my head and sometimes out loud. I still feel that he's . . . somewhere. But I can see Christine on video or hear her any time I want to. Yet, she's not there. And it seems unnatural. I'm not thinking she was 79 and lived a long time and "we all knew it was coming."

With a lot of these celebrities, you admire their work and think of it fondly, but you aren't really "sad" when they die. It's the course of life. But with her, my brain is reacting like the universe was interrupted, somehow.
Beautifully written
Old 01-12-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She truly was the heart of the band. Always.
One thing Mick got right. He knew she was Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I do think it was really quick. I mean there was all the auction info up on her Instagram up until pretty soon before she passed...I don't think her assistant would be putting that up if things had been looking so awful...? Unless it was kept from her as well.

I keep wondering if it was one of those fast moving cancers, that you don't even know you have until one day they realize it's there and it's spread all over and there's nothing they can do. I worked w someone years ago who I think was diagnosed with esophageal or throat cancer and they were gone in like 2 or 3 weeks. And honestly in Chris's last radio interviews, even in the BBC thing, her voice sounded awful. Just so hoarse and strained....i remember actually saying out loud to myself, 'wow she sounds terrible.'

But yes from what I've heard i think she was mentally cognizant until the end. I'm sure only the people closest to her know what she had. And they sure as hell will never talk.

--Lis
Old 01-12-2023, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
One thing Mick got right. He knew she was Fleetwood Mac.
It's like a living thing, this Fleetwood Mac. It's a source stronger than its various members.
Christine McVie

A phrase that opens Mick's first book Chapter Ten. So yes, Mick knew it. Though probably not all members thought the same, this truly shows that she was the heart of the band.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It's like a living thing, this Fleetwood Mac. It's a source stronger than its various members.
Christine McVie

A phrase that opens Mick's first book Chapter Ten. So yes, Mick knew it. Though probably not all members thought the same, this truly shows that she was the heart of the band.
When she came back, the world responded in 2014.

Even certain egos couldn't deny that tour. Although she was probably mad at herself for using her spirit catcher to personally bring back Christine!!
Old 01-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When she came back, the world responded in 2014.

Even certain egos couldn't deny that tour. Although she was probably mad at herself for using her spirit catcher to personally bring back Christine!!

The 2014-2015 tour, Christine’s return. Didn’t every show sell out in minutes when tickets went on sale? And they had even just toured in 2013.

By chance, I got really into Fleetwood Mac in 2013. I had never listened to them much before but heard Everywhere from The Dance playing at my parents’ house and loved it and just dove deep into Fleetwood Mac. Coincidentally I saw that they were touring and they would be in my city soon (this was their 2013 tour). I debated buying tickets because Christine wasn’t with them anymore so I didn’t think they would play any of her songs. But I was like what the hell I might not get the opportunity again. So I got the tickets and saw them in 2013 and it was great. Then Christine rejoined and I saw them again in 2014 and 2015. I went to one of their earlier shows in 2014 when Christine was doing Songbird so that was really cool. The last time I saw them was in Los Angeles in 2017 at the Classic West Festival. I didn’t see them in 2018-2019 because I was butt hurt about them removing Lindsey from the band. I still wish that they made it work and Lindsey stayed with the band and the 2018-2019 tour should have been their farewell tour.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 01-12-2023 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-12-2023, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
The 2014-2015 tour, Christine’s return. Didn’t every show sell out in minutes when tickets went on sale? And they had even just toured in 2013.
I don't think it sold out in minutes. I went to the NJ october 2014 show, and can't remember how fast I bought my ticket, but being in Peru, working on weekdays... I think it was after few days they were on sale that I bought mine.

And, yes... Christine's return was a huge event that makes the OWTS tour, magic. But the point was the Rumours lineup again. OWTS with Christine, but without Lindsey, or without Stevie, it wouldn't have been the same.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I didn’t see them in 2018-2019 because I was butt hurt about them removing Lindsey from the band. I still wish that they made it work and Lindsey stayed with the band and the 2018-2019 tour should have been their farewell tour.
Technically, it was their farewell tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Technically, it was their farewell tour.
Although it was acknowledged there was uncertainty around how many tours were left in them, I don’t recall any sort of sentiment that the 2018 tour was a farewell tour. In the end it looks to be their last tour, although not planned as such.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick posted what he shared at the memorial:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=RUbZ1f
Old 01-12-2023, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Mick posted what he shared at the memorial:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ibextid=RUbZ1f
Absolutely beautiful. I read this earlier today and was going to post. Thank you for sharing it.