User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It also depends on whether or not the chemistry is good. I think it could be. Obviously, Mick works well with Neil, while Stevie and Mike have a long history of collaboration.
Fair point and agree. The wild cards are how Stevie gels with Neil on the songs that have Lindsey's DNA all over them ( they should drop Gypsy, Dreams and Silver Springs) and how Stevie, Chris and Neil all gel together. Mike will hang back a bit I think (a la John) but his presence will be known.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Fair point and agree. The wild cards are how Stevie gels with Neil on the songs that have Lindsey's DNA all over them ( they should drop Gypsy, Dreams and Silver Springs) and how Stevie, Chris and Neil all gel together. Mike will hang back a bit I think (a la John) but his presence will be known.
They can keep Dreams but Gypsy and Sara most of all have got to go. And I'm already positive Silver Springs will never be performed again. Not by any FM lineup or by Stevie herself.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is mean for obvious reasons, but I think it would be hilarious if Stevie finally did Fireflies on this tour.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:23 AM

Neil Finn Says He Needed Convincing To Join Fleetwood Mac: 'How Do I React To This?'

Following his shock appointment to the Fleetwood Mac line-up this past April, Neil Finn has revealed he needed some convincing to join the legendary band.
Appearing on last night's Interview with son Liam, the Crowded House frontman recalled getting the call from Mick Fleetwood about possibly joining Fleetwood Mac as he was heading off to sound check for a concert in Auckland that night.

"I just had this big goofy grin on my face and said, 'I'll have to let you know tomorrow, Mick. I've got to do a show.'"

He continued, "I was kinda nonplussed initially thinking, 'How do I react to this?'"

Liam said of convincing his Dad, "I was like, 'You've gotta go and see this out. This is amazing.'"

Finn revealed it took two days of jamming with Fleetwood Mac for things to click.

"… We had two days playing and it was, you know, I wasn't sure," he said.

"The first day, I kinda thought well… but the second day everyone came in a very more relaxed mode and we just sounded good straight away.

"The voices sounded good together and I'd done a little bit of homework and I knew the songs that they'd ask me to sing. It didn't feel that strange even. It felt like being in a band."

Finn again reiterated that he is indeed a permanent Fleetwood Mac member and will continue on with the group following their US tour.

"I've joined the band, I'm a new member. It's a new band. That's how they're seeing it, anyway," Finn explained.

"It feels like they're up for it. They're really hungry to make new music, they're hungry to be as good a band as they can possibly be and above all, they're hungry to have fun."

As TV Tonight reports, Interview was watched by 483,000 viewers. Watch last night's episode here.

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2018...-i-wasnt-sure/
Old 07-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's hope it's true that they continue after this tour, and make new music.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Neil Finn Says He Needed Convincing To Join Fleetwood Mac: 'How Do I React To This?'

Following his shock appointment to the Fleetwood Mac line-up this past April, Neil Finn has revealed he needed some convincing to join the legendary band.
Appearing on last night's Interview with son Liam, the Crowded House frontman recalled getting the call from Mick Fleetwood about possibly joining Fleetwood Mac as he was heading off to sound check for a concert in Auckland that night.

"I just had this big goofy grin on my face and said, 'I'll have to let you know tomorrow, Mick. I've got to do a show.'"

He continued, "I was kinda nonplussed initially thinking, 'How do I react to this?'"

Liam said of convincing his Dad, "I was like, 'You've gotta go and see this out. This is amazing.'"

Finn revealed it took two days of jamming with Fleetwood Mac for things to click.

"… We had two days playing and it was, you know, I wasn't sure," he said.

"The first day, I kinda thought well… but the second day everyone came in a very more relaxed mode and we just sounded good straight away.

"The voices sounded good together and I'd done a little bit of homework and I knew the songs that they'd ask me to sing. It didn't feel that strange even. It felt like being in a band."

Finn again reiterated that he is indeed a permanent Fleetwood Mac member and will continue on with the group following their US tour.

"I've joined the band, I'm a new member. It's a new band. That's how they're seeing it, anyway," Finn explained.

"It feels like they're up for it. They're really hungry to make new music, they're hungry to be as good a band as they can possibly be and above all, they're hungry to have fun."

As TV Tonight reports, Interview was watched by 483,000 viewers. Watch last night's episode here.

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2018...-i-wasnt-sure/

I say **** all of you! Time for that is over as far as I'm concerned.

#LINDSEY!!
Old 07-15-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I say **** all of you! Time for that is over as far as I'm concerned.

#LINDSEY!!
I don’t know.

I don’t really care if Stevie is on board with a new album. LBCM should have been credited to and supported as Fleetwood Mac.

However, keeping in mind that a Fleetwood Mac album with Stevie and Lindsey was never going to happen again, if this creates an environment where Stevie agrees to do another Fleetwood Mac album and that ultimately gives us another album with Mick, John, and Christine together, I’m fine with it and I can’t imagine them having anyone better than Neil or Mike if they can’t have Lindsey.

It won’t be a classic, but neither were SYW or LBCM.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t know.

I don’t really care if Stevie is on board with a new album. LBCM should have been credited to and supported as Fleetwood Mac.

However, keeping in mind that a Fleetwood Mac album with Stevie and Lindsey was never going to happen again, if this creates an environment where Stevie agrees to do another Fleetwood Mac album and that ultimately gives us another album with Mick, John, and Christine together, I’m fine with it and I can’t imagine them having anyone better than Neil or Mike if they can’t have Lindsey.

It won’t be a classic, but neither were SYW or LBCM.
So what you are basically saying is that you agree with Mick dumping Lindsey because that was the onlty viable way for the band to continue on with the Golden Goat! Boo!
Old 07-15-2018, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So what you are basically saying is that you agree with Mick dumping Lindsey because that was the onlty viable way for the band to continue on with the Golden Goat! Boo!
It’s the only way Fleetwood Mac will possibly continue as a band making new music. I don’t agree with it. I didn’t agree with it last year.

However, it is what it is. The only way there will be another Fleetwood Mac album is if Stevie is on it, as we saw happen last year. The only way Stevie will be on it is if Lindsey isn’t. If Lindsey isn’t on it, at least they have competent, respectable guys to carry on. My primary interest in the band is Mick, John, and Christine. If this is the only way I get one more from those three, I can absolutely live with it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-15-2018, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s the only way Fleetwood Mac will possibly continue as a band making new music. I don’t agree with it. I didn’t agree with it last year.

However, it is what it is. The only way there will be another Fleetwood Mac album is if Stevie is on it, as we saw happen last year. The only way Stevie will be on it is if Lindsey isn’t. If Lindsey isn’t on it, at least they have competent, respectable guys to carry on. My primary interest in the band is Mick, John, and Christine. If this is the only way I get one more from those three, I can absolutely live with it.
I stand with principle, integrity, and respect. Do the right thing. And I stand with my initial response of **** you all!
Old 07-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stand with principle, integrity, and respect. Do the right thing.
And they did that last year with LBCM, NOT Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-15-2018 at 05:14 AM..
Old 07-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that they are going to make new music is such a slap in the face to Lindsey. F all of them!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The fact that they are going to make new music is such a slap in the face to Lindsey. F all of them!
“It feels like they're up for it. They're really hungry to make new music, they're hungry to be as good a band as they can possibly be and above all, they're hungry to have fun."

The fact is making music with Lindsey wasn’t fun for Stevie and by agreeing to release a Fleetwood Mac album as LBCM and play along with the whole duet album thing last year, Lindsey accepted on some level that any project credited to Fleetwood Mac would have to have Stevie’s participation, and Stevie’s made it clear that she won’t make a new album with him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-15-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“It feels like they're up for it. They're really hungry to make new music, they're hungry to be as good a band as they can possibly be and above all, they're hungry to have fun."

The fact is making music with Lindsey wasn’t fun for Stevie and by agreeing to release a Fleetwood Mac album as LBCM and play along with the whole duet album thing last year, Lindsey accepted on some level that any project credited to Fleetwood Mac would have to have Stevie’s participation, and Stevie’s made it clear that she won’t make a new album with him.
With who? The man who wouldn't join FM unless she was included? The man who produced songs like Gypsy? That man? Can't stand that OLD GOAT.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Except for Dave Stewart with IYD (and who knows how that's changed since she hasn't said a word about him since 24KG and it seems as if their working relationship is dunzo), Stevie practically never has fun making music with anyone. She's clashed/fallen out with almost all of her producers and has complained about other people she's worked with. Jimmy Iovine, Rick Nowels, Keith Olsen, whatever went down with Rupert Hine, Glyn Johns etc etc. She called Kenny Loggins a slave driver, Lindsey an ayatollah, she even complained about Don Henley. I even heard an old Lindsey interview where he was talking about working with Stevie on her IYD album and he talked about how she was happy during that record and she hadn't been happy on her last solo records, which means she probably wasn't even too thrilled with her bestie Sheryl! But the thing about all of those people is that Stevie could choose to work with Don or Kenny and she had the power to fire her producers/they had the ability to walk away from the project (both of which happened). But she could never do that with Lindsey since he was a member of the band too-- and he was the member who got most of the work done-- so she had to stay working with him for years because she didn't have the power/ability to fire him. Until now it seems.