User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Must-see FM footage?

Hello my wonderful Ledgies!

About a year ago, a plane lost a suitcase of mine full with basically all the Fleetwood Mac stuff I have ever owned. All my DVDs, CDs, shirts, vinyls.... a note handwritten to me from Stephanie Nicks herself (that was the most devastating loss ever). Basically, I hate Air France.

Now, I'm trying to recollect all the video footage I had before. I currently have:

The Dance
Classic Albums: Rumours
Live In Boston
Destiny Rules
Soundstage Sessions

I am going to buy Stevie's Red Rocks ASAP, but what I'm truly needing is the Mirage video, Rosebud and the Tusk Documentary. Could anyone point me in the right direction here? How should I get my hands on these? And do you guys have any other suggestions?

As always, you guys are awesome.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have yet to buy Red Rocks or Destiny Rules doc, but I want to very soon.

I got the Mirage DVD off of eBay (yes, it comes from Brazil) for pretty cheap. I'm sure you could find it on there. Don't be confused by the front cover - the picture is totally wrong. And Gypsy is spelled Gipsy. Oh well, they try. Ha.

I wish there was a DVD out there with Stevie's White Winged Dove concert 1981 and the U.S. Festival 1983 combined on one DVD. That'd be great!

P.S. That's a real bummer about losing all of your FM stuff... especially a letter from Stevie?!?! That is a crime. I don't think I could ever get over that loss.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is also the Tango in the Night video. It's cruel and almost criminal that the Tusk, Mirage and Bella Donna concert videos (I have the official video cassesttes!), haven't been re-released on DVD.

Cocurrently, shouldn't these all be re-released featuring the entire concert sets, (which is now standard these days)? For example, the Rock A Little DVD only features 8 songs.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

Cocurrently, shouldn't these all be re-released featuring the entire concert sets, For example, the Rock A Little DVD only features 8 songs.
What is this? Live videos from a concert?
Old 09-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What is this? Live videos from a concert?
A belated response: I misspoke; I was referring to the Live at Red Rocks dvd, which in actuality, is a video when you consider the vocals were re-recorded and Stevie's close ups were all staged after the concert, in post-production. At times it's very sad and ridiculous and laughable.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
I have yet to buy Red Rocks or Destiny Rules doc, but I want to very soon.

I got the Mirage DVD off of eBay (yes, it comes from Brazil) for pretty cheap. I'm sure you could find it on there. Don't be confused by the front cover - the picture is totally wrong. And Gypsy is spelled Gipsy. Oh well, they try. Ha.

I wish there was a DVD out there with Stevie's White Winged Dove concert 1981 and the U.S. Festival 1983 combined on one DVD. That'd be great!

P.S. That's a real bummer about losing all of your FM stuff... especially a letter from Stevie?!?! That is a crime. I don't think I could ever get over that loss.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEETWOOD-MAC-IN...3A1%7C294%3A50

I'm assuming this is the seller you're talking about? I'll get it ASAP-- thanks!

And yeah, losing that note was the saddest thing EVER. It was really sweet too. I'm lucky I had emailed the contents of the note to a friend of mine so I at least have a record of what it said.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEETWOOD-MAC-IN...3A1%7C294%3A50

I'm assuming this is the seller you're talking about? I'll get it ASAP-- thanks!

And yeah, losing that note was the saddest thing EVER. It was really sweet too. I'm lucky I had emailed the contents of the note to a friend of mine so I at least have a record of what it said.

Yep, that would be it! It might take awhile to get to you, but it's well worth the wait.

Some of the Stevie and Lindsey staredowns on it are priceless. I'm sure you've seen The Chain from it on Youtube where they're looking at each other. They do that quite a bit throughout the show. And you've gotta have that epic SOTM!!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Yep, that would be it! It might take awhile to get to you, but it's well worth the wait.

Some of the Stevie and Lindsey staredowns on it are priceless. I'm sure you've seen The Chain from it on Youtube where they're looking at each other. They do that quite a bit throughout the show. And you've gotta have that epic SOTM!!
Exactly. I need it. Anddddd I don't have to worry about the Tusk Doc anymore so life's good
Old 07-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, I just ordered Red Rocks and Mirage. Whoohoo!

So I just reallllly want Tusk and Rosebud again, which I doubt I will find anywhere without the help of all of you guys. I think I have Tusk covered.... anyone know where I can get Rosebud? Other suggestions? I want to eventually have a pretty extensive collection of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie stuff again.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So I just reallllly want Tusk and Rosebud again, which I doubt I will find anywhere without the help of all of you guys. I think I have Tusk covered.... anyone know where I can get Rosebud? Other suggestions? I want to eventually have a pretty extensive collection of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie stuff again.
I don't, but I would love to know!!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have you guys tried contacting any of the traders who are still around (are there any traders still around? ) Many of them are willing to do 2:1 trades-- trades where you simply provide the trader with 2 dvds for every 1 dvd you'd like burned. This way, the trader is able to be compensated for their time, and the newbie who doesn't have anything to trade is still able to build a collection.

To find traders, just google Stevie Nicks Trades of Fleetwood Mac trades
You're so like me
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Have you guys tried contacting any of the traders who are still around (are there any traders still around? ) Many of them are willing to do 2:1 trades-- trades where you simply provide the trader with 2 dvds for every 1 dvd you'd like burned. This way, the trader is able to be compensated for their time, and the newbie who doesn't have anything to trade is still able to build a collection.

To find traders, just google Stevie Nicks Trades of Fleetwood Mac trades
Hey, thanks for that advice!! I'll definitely look into that.
Much appreciated
Old 07-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's no problem. I wish I had a dvd burner so I could help you guys out
You're so like me
Old 07-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Just ask a trader You only have to pay for postage and discs. I got mine from Sahara, but I'm not sure if she's doing any trades right now.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Storytellers

The Stevie Nicks Storytellers performances on youtube (some were broadcast, others never aired) are pretty great.