The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For all of the ridiculous interviews from Mick about the ever evolving line up of FM and how they've never been happier, yet I don't see them rereleasing Kiln House or Time....ever. But Rumours seems to get re released and remastered every few years. Mick is such a joke. I'd love to know how he's going to try to orchestrate the grand "make up"......if for no other reason than he's a money grubbing ick!
I am so glad this tour is almost over.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacAttack View Post
At this point it would not surprise me in the least if the current line up released a new version Rumours-cut out all of Lindsey's parts--and had Neil and Mike rerecord them . That's how truly shameless I think they have become
And I wouldn't be surprised if they agree. They're as money grubbing as those four as*holes. They knew from the beginning what was going on, they looked the other way, grabbed the cash and jumped on the 'Stevie adulation' wagon. Truly pathetic and shameless. All of them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
For all of the ridiculous interviews from Mick about the ever evolving line up of FM and how they've never been happier, yet I don't see them rereleasing Kiln House or Time....ever. But Rumours seems to get re released and remastered every few years.
A Rhino rerelease of KILN HOUSE would be fantastic. Id be the first one to pre-order.

And lets not forget the 1971-1974 catalogue.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
A Rhino rerelease of KILN HOUSE would be fantastic. Id be the first one to pre-order.

And lets not forget the 1971-1974 catalogue.
And all 15 of us are going to buy it.

The goat defines FM.

There's certainly no accounting for taste of the masses. #trash #lowestcommondenominator
Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And all 15 of us are going to buy it.

The goat defines FM.

There's certainly no accounting for taste of the masses. #trash #lowestcommondenominator
Do it for the music!! $tevie doesn't care about music anymore. $he cares about power.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Do it for the music!! $tevie doesn't care about music anymore. $he cares about power.
I also think theres a small but select circle of musicians and discriminating listeners whose respect for the musicianship on those albums from 70-74 would lead them to buy rereleases of them.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I also think there’s a small but select circle of musicians and discriminating listeners whose respect for the musicianship on those albums from 70-74 would lead them to buy rereleases of them.
They are incredible albums. In many respects, I love Christine more w/ Welch and Kirwan. There's a different but similar beauty and mystery in those songs and albums..

I believe the constant has always a collaboration with McVie/McVie/Fleetwood.

The BuckVie album had a certain magic and charm that you get with Fleetwood Mac. It had nothing to do with B/N. One of the pluses of $tevie not being on that album. And yet, you can still hear her on Lay Down For Free and and Red Sun.

Oh ahh oh.... oh ahh oh....
Old 09-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree they have squeezed the Rumours era records but I'm not sure if Mick or any member is the only responsible of a no Kiln House reissue or any other non Rumours lineup album. As I said, business are business, and I don't see Rhino, Warner, Reprise or any record company interested in reissuing an album that reached #69 in Billboard, or #67 (Mystery to me), and sold 300k to 500k albums at its momentum.

Probably a market research gave the record company no great sales expectations about the old FM albums reissues or deluxe editions. And they are interested in $, not the legacy.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I agree they have squeezed the Rumours era records but I'm not sure if Mick or any member is the only responsible of a no Kiln House reissue or any other non Rumours lineup album. As I said, business are business, and I don't see Rhino, Warner, Reprise or any record company interested in reissuing an album that reached #69 in Billboard, or #67 (Mystery to me), and sold 300k to 500k albums at its momentum.

Probably a market research gave the record company no great sales expectations about the old FM albums reissues or deluxe editions. And they are interested in $, not the legacy.
This is all true, of course. But Rhino has rereleased boutique or cult records. Kiln House and Mystery in particular fit each of those.

When members of Guns and Roses are citing Bob Welch and Kirwan as inspiration, it's clear those obscure records have a following.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would even the most ardent Fleetwood Mac fan want this release when there is zero new material? You would have to be a mad completionist.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

Quote:
This is all true, of course. But Rhino has rereleased boutique or cult records. Kiln House and Mystery in particular fit each of those.

When members of Guns and Roses are citing Bob Welch and Kirwan as inspiration, it's clear those obscure records have a following.

Individual albums might be a tough ask. Would it be beyond expectation though to put out a collective release covering the whole 70-74 period. I think there'd be a wide market there. People who are curious of the band's pre-75 catalogue but who might not purchase individual albums may be encouraged to buy a single collection. Obviously more ardent fans would jump at anything with rarities/outtakes/alternate versions.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-04-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Individual albums might be a tough ask. Would it be beyond expectation though to put out a collective release covering the whole 70-74 period. I think there'd be a wide market there. People who are curious of the band's pre-75 catalogue but who might not purchase individual albums may be encouraged to buy a single collection. Obviously more ardent fans would jump at anything with rarities/outtakes/alternate versions.
That would be wonderful. We did get one Welch rare tune on the Chain Box Set.

Here's hoping.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

So why don't the release the DVD with 5.1 surround sound of the Rumours album with it as well? I have been wanting to get that version of the album for a while and I can not find it at a reasonable price anywhere.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Why would even the most ardent Fleetwood Mac fan want this release when there is zero new material? You would have to be a mad completionist.
I didn't buy the original version of this compilation but I did download the entire thing from the internet. I might buy it because I want a hard copy CD version of that incredible Live Rhiannon from Tucson on the Tusk Tour. So based on everything I have read here, I might be the only person in the world purchasing this "new" release. I'm not interested in vinyl. Just CD's.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I didn't buy the original version of this compilation but I did download the entire thing from the internet. I might buy it because I want a hard copy CD version of that incredible Live Rhiannon from Tucson on the Tusk Tour. So based on everything I have read here, I might be the only person in the world purchasing this "new" release. I'm not interested in vinyl. Just CD's.

That is a great version of Rhiannon! Unfortunately it’s not on the Rumours reissue, it’s on the Tusk reissue.

He Will Burn You Down