User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I understand. I just don't like to see Mick Fleetwood getting all this hate he seems to get over the years, not just over this Bob Welch HOF situation.

I mentioned Dave and Bekka by name leaving out "Time". Adding in one of Mac's worst albums would have completely screwed up my point.
Well, Mick doesn't get all the hate, he's just being called on when mistakes are made. He says he's the bandleader and since he's more present than John, he gets criticized. Leaving Bob out of the RRHOF was a big mistake and he's being called out for it.

I thought I missed something your list

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 03-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Well, Mick doesn't get all the hate, he's just being called on when mistakes are made. He says he's the bandleader and since he's more present than John, he gets criticized. Leaving Bob out of the RRHOF was a big mistake and he's being called out for it.
I just don't believe that Mick and/or Christine had more to do with Bob Welch's omission than the actual HOF people, at least according to that article posted a few days back.

Does anyone here know somebody who perhaps knows somebody from the HOF or an artist(s) that has had dealings with the RRHOF? It would be great to hear something current in how the RRHOF works.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I just don't believe that Mick and/or Christine had more to do with Bob Welch's omission than the actual HOF people, at least according to that article posted a few days back.
I don't blame Mick for this RRHOF thing. But he's done enough to get blamed for over the years. I'm not thinking he's been mistreated and falsely maligned and fans need to make amends to the poor mite or anything.

Michele
Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Hey you left out the chart topping masterpiece "Time" and it's prestigious tour playing a bill with Reo Speedwagon
When will Chiffon-heads realize that there was never a tour in support of "Time", and that ALL of the shows Fleetwood Mac did with Bramlett and Mason were BEFORE the album even came out? Why does it matter what tour the band's on if they're not supporting a new record?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

as they say there are three sides to every story - yours, mine and the truth.

Most of us believe that Bob should have been included, some of us believe a lot of members were unfairly excluded (Bob is just probably the most obvious), but as we have only heard one side of the story, I'd be hesitant to say we know all the facts.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
:

Hey you left out the chart topping masterpiece "Time" and it's prestigious tour playing a bill with Reo Speedwagon
Amazing how much Time gets such a bad rap from the Rumours era fans!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Amazing how much Time gets such a bad rap from the Rumours era fans!
They always get so upset that the band had the nerve to go on without them, as if they hadn't done that for over seven years prior to Stevie and Lindsey even joining. Only the fans of the original Green-Spencer bands have the right to have a moral objection to the continued use of the Fleetwood Mac name. If Mick and John gave up keeping Fleetwood Mac going just because the big star quit and they lost their popularity as a result, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They always get so upset that the band had the nerve to go on without them, as if they hadn't done that for over seven years prior to Stevie and Lindsey even joining. Only the fans of the original Green-Spencer bands have the right to have a moral objection to the continued use of the Fleetwood Mac name. If Mick and John gave up keeping Fleetwood Mac going just because the big star quit and they lost their popularity as a result, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Steve, I am one of the King Chiff's and I gotta tell you I was not at all upset that FM continued after Stevie. I still loved Christine. I always had enjoyed We Just Disagree on the radio so I was looking forward to Dave Mason's contributions. I gladly went to see FM in 1994 or 1995(who remembers??) in Phoenix and was very impressed with Bekka's version of GDW. When the Time album came out I bought it right away and played it a couple of times and literally hated every single song. I gave the record to another Chiff, she played it and became a huge Bekka fan for many years to come.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick told me.

Mick told me about Christine the day Bob died. Believe it or not. He also told my friend Mike Lawson on the same day when I had 12 policemen and medical people in my home, before Bob was moved from my home after I found him.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick

I wouldn't speak to him until he told me the reason that Bob wasn't in the Hall of Fame to my face.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Steve, I am one of the King Chiff's and I gotta tell you I was not at all upset that FM continued after Stevie.
At the time, you would've been in the minority.

I just don't get how fans of a line-up that came together seven years after the band formed could blast an album as not really being Fleetwood Mac when it still had the three core members it had had since 1970. They often use sales to justify that view, as if Buckingham and Nicks were setting the world on fire with their solo albums.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At the time, you would've been in the minority.

I just don't get how fans of a line-up that came together seven years after the band formed could blast an album as not really being Fleetwood Mac when it still had the three core members it had had since 1970. They often use sales to justify that view, as if Buckingham and Nicks were setting the world on fire with their solo albums.
An album that you just stated that they didn't even bother to tour to support And having been around in the early 1980s I have to say that Bella Donna did make a bigger impact in sales and airplay here in the U.S. than either Tusk before it or Mirage after it.Not saying that it was the best album of the 3 .Tusk gets my vote for that.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
An album that you just stated that they didn't even bother to tour to support
The band came off the road in September, 1995, the album came out in October, 1995, and the band planned to hit the road in the spring. Chris quit, Bekka and Billy were very country and even moved to Nashville to do a country duo album, and Lindsey asked Mick to play on and co-produce Gift Of Screws. That's when the pressure was on for the Rumours band to do their Hell Freezes Over, and Mick and Lindsey working together was a great place to start. I verified with Mason's people that the band was over in March, 1996. The official announcement came later. It's not like it was given a fair shot, but that's the industry.

As for the rest, I thought it was pretty clear we were talking about the post-BTM, pre-Dance era, which relegates your other comments to the Straw Man. Bottom line NOBODY in Fleetwood Mac was doing well apart.

OOTC bombed.
Street Angel bombed.
Time bombed.

ALL FIVE of them NEEDED the reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Mick told me about Christine the day Bob died. Believe it or not. He also told my friend Mike Lawson on the same day when I had 12 policemen and medical people in my home, before Bob was moved from my home after I found him.
If I were you I would contact Christine and ask her if it's all true.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When will Chiffon-heads realize that there was never a tour in support of "Time", and that ALL of the shows Fleetwood Mac did with Bramlett and Mason were BEFORE the album even came out? Why does it matter what tour the band's on if they're not supporting a new record?
When that derogatory term stops being used.