Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MFBB might tour with ZZ Top?!?

Here's yet another interview with Mick, on Graveyard Blues with Jerry Schaefer. It's mostly talking about the early days, but towards the end, they're discussing the MFBB's February & March dates in Aus/NZ -- then Jerry asks if we'll see the MFBB in the States this year? Mick says oh yes, they're working on a "couple of ideas." One possibility is touring the U.S. with ZZ Top -- Mick said he'd "love it to happen." He says it would be a fun bill. Well hell yeah!

I found the interview at nickslive, here................
http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2010/0...interview.html
Old 02-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

MFBB on the same bill with ZZ Top??!! Wow!! That would be some show! The blues/rock mix would definitely be interesting.

Let's see what happens!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Still patiently waiting for MFBB tour or event dates for 2010. I found a brief mention of a ZZ Top/Mick Fleetwood show, October 3rd:

http://www.mohawktrail.com/event-det...the-big-e.html

Hopefully there's more scheduled between now and October!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Still patiently waiting for MFBB tour or event dates for 2010. I found a brief mention of a ZZ Top/Mick Fleetwood show, October 3rd:

http://www.mohawktrail.com/event-det...the-big-e.html

Hopefully there's more scheduled between now and October!
I'd like to hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's got to be more on the calendar than this!!! Either with ZZ Top or not.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, as I'm sure you are as well!

Any info about a new CD?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
There's got to be more on the calendar than this!!! Either with ZZ Top or not.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, as I'm sure you are as well!

Any info about a new CD?
Well, here's one new date announced: Sept. 19, final Sunday at the Kansas State Fair (again, opening for ZZ Top).

http://www.hutchnews.com/Latestlocal...andstandacttue

Kansas State Fair announces more grandstand acts
By Amy Bickel - The Hutchinson News - abickel@hutchnews.com

Two-time Grammy award winner Maroon 5, along with classic rockers ZZ Top and Mick Fleetwood Blues Band are slated to play during the 2010 Kansas State Fair.

Fair Manager Denny Stoecklein also announced three country acts that will grace the Sprint Grandstand stage: Rodney Atkins and Blake Shelton with James Otto.

Country music star Atkins – best known for his No. 1 hit, “Watching You” – will perform Sunday, Sept. 12. Ticket price is $25.

R&B-influenced Maroon 5 is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 16. Their first album, Songs About Jane, contained four hit singles: “Harder to Breathe,” “This Love,” “She Will Be Loved” and “Sunday Morning.” Ticket prices are $39.

Blake Shelton, whose song “Hillbilly Bone” is currently No. 1 on the charts, will be appearing at the Sprint Grandstand on Friday, Sept. 17 after an opening by James Otto. Shelton’s top hits include “The Baby” and “Some Beach.” Newcomer Otto is recognizable for his single “Since You Brought It Up.” Ticket price is $28

Closing the 10-day fair will be performances by ZZ Top and Mick Fleetwood Blues Band on Sunday, Sept. 19. Ticket price for this concert is $39.

These acts join the previously announced classic rock group Foreigner, performing Saturday, Sept. 11, and comedian ventriloquist Terry Fator, who takes the stage on Monday, Sept. 13.

The 2010 Kansas State Fair is Sept. 10-19. Sprint Grandstand concert tickets go on sale at 8 a.m. May 8, and can be purchased at the fair ticket office, by calling (800) 362-3247 or by visiting www.kansasstatefair.com. Ticket prices for all Sprint Grandstand Acts include free gate admission to the Kansas State Fair when purchased through August 31, 2010, unless otherwise noted.

So sjpdg, let's just keep our fingers crossed the MFBB will make it to the west coast this year! Hopefully some of the shows are solo, and not always opening for ZZ.

I hope they're at least thinking about a new MFBB album, too. I haven't heard what Mick is doing since the Grammies, but I think Rick has been working with wine importer /blues singer Kermit Lynch on a new CD, following up on his "Man's Temptation" from last year (which also featured Rick).
Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's hope so on those west coast dates!!!! I'd be willing to go see them as the opening act to ZZ Top mainly since I've never seen ZZ Top live. Other than that, I'd rather seem MFBB solo rather than as an opening act.

Just got my copy of "Blue Again" DVD yesterday. Friggin' Awesome!!!!!!!! I loved it!!! Not totally thrilled with some of the camera work but overall very, very, very happy with it. Will be watching it again tomorrow!!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

I PULLED UP ZZ TOPS TOUR DATES, i POSTED THIS IN rEF TO mfbb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Let's hope so on those west coast dates!!!! I'd be willing to go see them as the opening act to ZZ Top mainly since I've never seen ZZ Top live. Other than that, I'd rather seem MFBB solo rather than as an opening act.

Just got my copy of "Blue Again" DVD yesterday. Friggin' Awesome!!!!!!!! I loved it!!! Not totally thrilled with some of the camera work but overall very, very, very happy with it. Will be watching it again tomorrow!!
Date City State Country Venue Public On-sale Pre-Sale Meet & Greet Upgrade VIP Packages Comments
04.23.10 Tyler TX US The Oil Palace BUY NOW ENDED BUY NOW (0)
04.24.10 BEAUMONT TX US Ford Park BUY NOW BUY NOW (0)
04.25.10 Bee Cave TX US The Backyard at Bee Cave BUY NOW BUY NOW (0)
04.29.10 WEST PALM BEACH FL US Sun Fest BUY NOW ENDED BUY NOW (0)
04.30.10 MELBOURNE FL US Maxwell C. King Center For The Performing Arts BUY NOW ENDED BUY NOW (0)
05.04.10 JACKSONVILLE FL US Moran Theatre BUY NOW ENDED BUY NOW (0)
05.05.10 COLUMBUS GA US Columbus Civic Center BUY NOW ENDED BUY NOW (0)
05.08.10 ATLANTA GA US Chastain Park Amphitheatre BUY NOW ENDED BUY NOW (0)
05.09.10 TUPELO MS US Bancorp South Centre BUY NOW BUY NOW (0)
05.14.10 BELTON TX US Belton Expo Center Coming Soon! ENDED BUY NOW (0)
06.05.10 Vancouver BC CA Thunderbird Stadium BUY NOW ENDED JOIN NOW (0)
06.06.10 Victoria BC US Save On Centre ENDED ENDED (0)
06.08.10 Cranbrook BC CA RecPlex ENDED JOIN NOW (0)
06.10.10 Grande Prairie AB CA Crystal Centre BUY NOW ENDED JOIN NOW (0)
06.11.10 Edmonton AB CA Jubilee Auditorium BUY NOW JOIN NOW JOIN NOW (0)
06.13.10 Medicine Hat AB CA The Arena And Athletic Park BUY NOW ENDED JOIN NOW (0)
06.15.10 Winnipeg MB CA MTS Centre APRIL 17 @ 10AM LOCAL APRIL 13 @ 10AM LOCAL APRIL 13 @ 10AM LOCAL (0)
06.18.10 Windsor ON CA WFCU Centre APRIL 10TH @ 10AM LOCAL JOIN NOW JOIN NOW (0)
06.19.10 Belleville ON CA Waterfront Festival Coming Soon! ENDED (0)
06.25.10 MILWAUKEE WI US Summerfest BUY NOW ENDED (0)
06.26.10 MILWAUKEE WI US Summerfest BUY NOW ENDED (0)
07.31.10 STILLWATER OK US Tumbleweed Dance Hall Coming Soon! ENDED (0)
08.07.10 LAKE DELTON WI US Crystal Grand Music Theater BUY NOW (0)

Last edited by Nelda; 04-09-2010 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: fYI IN REF TO mfbb
Old 04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Nelda!

Wow, it looks like ZZ Top has a massive tour scheduled for 2010 -- all the dates you listed, plus South America and Europe!

http://www.zztop.com/index.php?module=tour

I doubt the MFBB is doing the whole tour with them, but I wonder which ones?