User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Poll results summary

So far,

White album: Christine. Followed by Stevie but with a considerable difference.

Rumours: Christine was wining, by closely followed by Stevie. That after a brief tie, cause few days ago it was vice versa. Lindsey is not far from the girls. Yes, this could be a technical tie.

Tusk: Stevie the definitive winner.

Mirage: It’s a tie!!! The three got 7 votes for several days, then 8 votes. Now Christine and Stevie got 9 and Lindsey still 8. But technically I would consider it a tie.

Tango: Christine, by a landslide. It was not necessary to be a fortune teller to know that it would be so (and a similar result in BTM).

Say you will: Lindsey by far

BuckVie: Christine by far.

Behind the Mask (in the Post Rumours forum): Same as Tango, Christine’s landslide victory. Billy got just 3 votes, but beat Stevie anyway. No surprise, since it was Stevie’s worst days.

Of course, these results don’t mean more than just personal preferences, and in some cases it was hard to choose.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:53 AM

Interesting when you make it about the music, you see a lot more Christine fan fare.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Congrats on all your research.
Tusk was the hardest for me. Its really Lindsey's album and a few of his songs have grown on me over the years. Stevie had some great poetry but not the bests songs so to speak. Chris was good but I think it was one of her weaker albums but that does not say much because she has a hand full of aces each album. Honey Hi and Never Make Me Cry seem like demos to me. But maybe that was the form they wanted for Tusk. But I still picked Chris because of Brown Eyes, Never Forget, and Think About Me. Those 3 are better than any of Stevie's or Lindey's 3.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Tusk was the hardest for me.
Rumours was the impossible one for me. I think each songwriter had just about the best song of his or her career: “Dreams,” “Go Your Own Way,” and “You Make Loving Fun.” Those three tracks cover just about all the strengths of the band in those years.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-21-2023, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Rumours was the impossible one for me. I think each songwriter had just about the best song of his or her career: “Dreams,” “Go Your Own Way,” and “You Make Loving Fun.” Those three tracks cover just about all the strengths of the band in those years.
Yes. Rumours is perfect in every way. Its a given its impossible to pick who was best.
So David, I stand corrected.
Old 08-21-2023, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Interesting when you make it about the music, you see a lot more Christine fan fare.
Absolutely! Now this site is different: we are die-hards. I bet if we asked the general public, it would be Stevie all the way, even for Tango. Heck, her fans would pick Stevie, even for BuckVie.
Old 08-21-2023, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes. Rumours is perfect in every way. Its a given its impossible to pick who was best.
So David, I stand corrected.
Sit down!

For Tusk, I’ll choose Lindsey, followed closely by Chris. I have a lot of respect for Stevie’s work — “Storms” and “Beautiful Child” are very moving and genuine, and the lead vocal on “Angel” is something I’ll praise till I die (she’s the 1979 equivalent of the 60s belter Brenda Lee singing “Sweet Nothins” or Let’s Jump the Broomstick”). But I don’t want to hear her songs repeatedly. I need time to pass before I listen to any of them again, like a day or a week.

Whereas I can listen to “That’s All for Everyone” literally all day. I could just keep playing it over and over while I do the housework. Probably “Save Me a Place” and “Walk a Thin Line,” too. These songs hold up on repeat for me, as much as “Go Your Own Way.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-21-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Absolutely! Now this site is different: we are die-hards. I bet if we asked the general public, it would be Stevie all the way, even for Tango. Heck, her fans would pick Stevie, even for BuckVie.
Stevie on Time, too!!
Old 08-21-2023, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie on Time, too!!
That's Stevie inside the egg.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
That's Stevie inside the egg.
Haha! That's hilarious.

"I told Mick, I just have to be on that album cover, and if you don't realize that well then I don't want to be a part of anything anymore. But, I really do because Fleetwood Mac is my life and I will always be a part of my band. So he agreed and I crawled inside that egg for the album cover!"
Old 08-30-2023, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're definitely fair results. I like them! Thanks Villavic for the game, interesting to read all your FM vocal taste!
Old 08-31-2023, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! That's hilarious.

"I told Mick, I just have to be on that album cover, and if you don't realize that well then I don't want to be a part of anything anymore. But, I really do because Fleetwood Mac is my life and I will always be a part of my band. So he agreed and I crawled inside that egg for the album cover!"

Ok, after reading all those Stevie references in Time, I can't help but wonder where Stevie is on the Tango in the Night cover?

Old 08-31-2023, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Ok, after reading all those Stevie references in Time, I can't help but wonder where Stevie is on the Tango in the Night cover?[/IMG]
There are many covers to stare at these days.

Stevie could be any of the creatures on Tango's cover.
She has the wisdom of the elephant, the elegance of the ibis, the flair of the flamingo, and the timeless grace of a crocodile.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:25 AM

Stevie is the sun that shines down on all of us!