The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: BuckVie: which songs do you like the most?
Christine's songs 15 71.43%
Lindsey's songs 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2023, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
No one can argue with that!

She's the reason we didn't get one last full band project.

I wonder what the sales would've been HAD it been marketed as FM? Maybe double, but not much more?

They, and their demographic, are dying off.
I think sales would have reached around 800,000 units.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Imagine if they sold them with the merch, with a free FM shirt.

Lord the sales.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, I doubt that. Not in this day and age. But I'm not sure what the numbers are these days for dinosaur acts. Of course WE ALL would have bought it. But we're a bunch of damned weirdos clinging to a site for 20 some years...
Old 08-16-2023, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is a tough one. I love every song on here. Lay Down and Game are the weakest, however, I still love this entire album. Christine just because she made a return. And looking back, thank the GODS she came back to finish her story and legacy!!
Yep, I'm gonna give it to Christine because her return tipped the scales to getting a band album done 2 votes against 1 (with regards to singers). EVERYBODY wanted to work in the studio with Christine again...except Stevie. Now, she would characterize it as not wanting to work with Lindsey, but de facto that meant never recording again with Christine when she had the chance. So bless Chris for returning, WANTING to write and record (as well as tour) because despite all of Lindsey's best intentions or desires, that record would NOT have happened without Chris. (Sure he's had John and Mick play with him on solo stuff, but never a full album).
Old 08-17-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yep, I'm gonna give it to Christine because her return tipped the scales to getting a band album done 2 votes against 1 (with regards to singers). EVERYBODY wanted to work in the studio with Christine again...except Stevie. Now, she would characterize it as not wanting to work with Lindsey, but de facto that meant never recording again with Christine when she had the chance. So bless Chris for returning, WANTING to write and record (as well as tour) because despite all of Lindsey's best intentions or desires, that record would NOT have happened without Chris. (Sure he's had John and Mick play with him on solo stuff, but never a full album).
I honestly shudder to think if she hadn't decided to start writing again and send the material to Lindsey.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, I doubt that. Not in this day and age. But I'm not sure what the numbers are these days for dinosaur acts. Of course WE ALL would have bought it. But we're a bunch of damned weirdos clinging to a site for 20 some years...
You're probably right. But I was thinking just the name--and the momentousness of all five of them together again would lure people to download the entire album. It would have gotten a lot more press and buzz. It would have been accompanied by a world tour. Alas, it ended up being a great little album that we weirdos preferred.
Old 08-18-2023, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In terms of the poll, I gave it to Christine. But it wasn't easy. "In My World" is a great song, as are "Love is Here to Stay" and "On With the Show." I like "Lay Down for Free" but not as much as the other three. And the only song on the album I DON'T like is the opener. I have never warmed to it.

Chris's songs are just more evocative to me, more emotionally charged, even when her lyrics are occasionally...wanting. I don't think I can ever forgive "freedom in my mouth" and the words to "Too Far Gone" are pretty generic. Still, all of her songs shine. (I had the same reaction to In the Meantime. The "like a blind man who now can see" line from "You Are" always makes me cringe, but the song and vocal are lovely.)

The first time I heard "Game of Pretend" I HATED the chorus. After such a great opening verse (and really moving verses throughout) to get Lindsey doing a creepy Brian Wilson harmony put me off. Now I can live with it, but I still think the song would have been perfect if she sang it alone.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 08-20-2023 at 09:53 AM..
Old 08-18-2023, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
EVERYBODY wanted to work in the studio with Christine again...except Stevie. Now, she would characterize it as not wanting to work with Lindsey, but de facto that meant never recording again with Christine when she had the chance.
She had two chances to record with Christine. Not wanting to work with Lindsey might be understandable, but what was the excuse when Mike and Neil were in the band? She’s washed up as a songwriter. I’m glad she wasn’t on the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-18-2023, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She had two chances to record with Christine. Not wanting to work with Lindsey might be understandable, but what was the excuse when Mike and Neil were in the band? She’s washed up as a songwriter. I’m glad she wasn’t on the album.
On this we agree. She's got nothing left, and she knows it.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The video of the band doing BuckMcvie was so loving. I still can't get over that they would throw Lindsey out of the band a year later. It's a head scratcher to me. They were that intimidated by Stevie? I'm sure Irving was pushing for him to go also

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-19-2023, 09:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
The video of the band doing BuckMcvie was so loving. I still can't get over that they would throw Lindsey out of the band a year later. It's a head scratcher to me. They were that intimidated by Stevie? I'm sure Irving was pushing for him to go also
The video is very loving, but I'm curious if some of it was performative. Buckingham has a reputation for being very intense in the studio even as recently as 2003. It's very possible that he's mellowed out a bit since then, but I'm approaching it with some light skepticism. After watching back the video, I remembered how I found the production to be rather grating on certain songs. "In My World" has that thin, receptive, and lifeless acoustic guitar during the verses that becomes more grating each time I hear it. In comparison to some of the guitar work he's done elsewhere, it's surprisingly juvenile. The opening track on the album, "Sleeping Around the Corner", also has a hiccup with the shaker that never existed on the original Seeds We Sow recording and the vocals are also a downgrade. For someone who has a reputation for being a perfectionist in the studio, it's surprising that Buckingham approved of some of these final mixes. The album had been in the works for several years, yet it still felt very rushed. There are some great songs on here, mostly from Christine McVie, although Buckingham's "Love His Here to Stay" is also a highlight.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 08-19-2023 at 09:19 PM..
Old 08-20-2023, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This is tough but I have the edge to Chris. Although Sleeping Around The Corner and In My World are 2 of my favorites from the album. But Chris has some gems like Red Sun, Carnival Begin, and Feel About you.
This is seriously the most underrated album in history. It did not shine as much because they dared not call it Fleetwood Mac.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is seriously the most underrated album in history. It did not shine as much because they dared not call it Fleetwood Mac.

Yes, yes, yes….This is Classic Fleetwood Mac. To this day it pisses me of it wasn’t titled Fleetwood Mac. Mick should have pulled his “balls” out of the closet and told Stevie that it will be released as a Fleetwood Mac album with or without you.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes, yes, yes….This is Classic Fleetwood Mac. To this day it pisses me of it wasn’t titled Fleetwood Mac. Mick should have pulled his “balls” out of the closet and told Stevie that it will be released as a Fleetwood Mac album with or without you.
At that point in their lives and career they still had "it." Chris came out of her shell to prove her powers had not been diminished. Lindsey fed off this energy. Stevie must have heard their recordings prior to the OWTS tour. I think she was jealous right away.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Stevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM- Homer McVie