User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2023, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If Lindsey didn't do anything with the remaining members, I don't think it would be for a lack of John. I think it would be a legacy issue. SYW was Christine-less because she chose that. But, I'm not sure he would do anything other than a tribute.
She chose not to tour. Lindsey didn't permit her to make the album with the band is what I heard here.
Lindsey said he believed The Five is a sacred thing.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She chose not to tour. Lindsey didn't permit her to make the album with the band is what I heard here.
Lindsey said he believed The Five is a sacred thing.
Yes, again a bad call in my opinion. Christine wanted to record with the band for the 2002/2003 album. She just didn’t want to go on the road to support the album. Could have been a much better album as would the 2017 album if Stevie stepped in.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes, again a bad call in my opinion. Christine wanted to record with the band for the 2002/2003 album. She just didn’t want to go on the road to support the album. Could have been a much better album as would the 2017 album if Stevie stepped in.
I think it wasn't the right call Lindsey made as a member of a band.

As a Stevie fan, I am grateful for the 10, including Not Make Believe, songs I got from that album. And Say Goodbye, Steal Your Heart Away, Miranda, What's The World Coming To have Stevie so much in them they sound like co-lead vocals with Stevie to me, which I love!
Old 07-21-2023, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am only for this if Stevie is replaced. I am even ok with a parody Stevie. Something to take the edge off. I am tired of people leaving, getting fired, and being replaced. It seems Stevie is never replaced. I would love to hire the singer of the Ho Ho's to run around stage as Stevie. Its the last tour so lets have fun. Stop letting Stevie have control of this band. We dont want Chris replaced with Sheryl Crow.
How about each night a fan at random is picked to be Stevie on stage. I will volunteer for Miami or Pittsburgh. Some of my old shawls may still fit.
Could you imagine how fun this could be.

I WANNA BE WITH YOU

SAY HEY HEY

I got this. I will even put I Dont Want To Know in the set. Just wait till you hear my Gypsy story. Psych. There wont be one. But I will do a backcrawl around the stage like the scene in the Exorcist.
Where are you touring? All the big arenas? Sign me up for front row.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AI Stevie, maybe that’s the way to go
Old 07-21-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
AI Stevie, maybe that’s the way to go
God, that might be worse than the real one.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Yep. And at this point the only thing I'd really like to see is a possibly tear-filled interview from Stevie and Lindsey, side by side, both admitting having put the past behind them and that they're finally releasing Buckingham Nicks.
Oh, puh-lease, enough with the fake drama that IDIOTS have been sucking up for the past 45 years. F*cking ridiculous.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
A McVie-less Fleetwood Mac as a three-piece? I don't really see it happening, but please, no.Thanks for the great memories, but not for the botched ending.
Just watch, they’ll take another page out of The Eagles’ playbook and put Dan Perfect on bass.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-22-2023, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I firmly believe Lindsey wouldn't do any recording or playing live with Mick without John.
Based on what, though? Mick and Lindsey have both talked about reconciling and expressed an interest in working together, acknowledging that it would probably be outside of Fleetwood Mac.

If John WANTED to do the project, that would be one thing. But John’s made it pretty clear that he’s done.

Quote:
And I'll say in 2013, Stevie would have toured Australia and New Zealand without John, Lindsey wouldn't.
How effing noble of him. Too bad he wasn’t that loyal to Brett.

Of course, by the time John was diagnosed, Christine’s return was imminent, so why bother playing Oceania with a substitute bass player when they’d be going down there in a couple of years with the full Rumours lineup? Still, they needed a plan B in case they couldn’t get out of their contract.

However, if Christine’s return hadn’t been imminent and Fleetwood Mac looked to be going on hiatus for three years or worse, maybe he would have simply replaced John with a prerecord, just like Brett.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-22-2023, 04:16 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, puh-lease, enough with the fake drama that IDIOTS have been sucking up for the past 45 years. F*cking ridiculous.
Yes, PuhLEESE. What I mean is, I wouldn't want it to be fake. I'd like them genuinely make amends. That may be a silly idea, but so was the idea of Chris ever coming back to the band circa 2011.

Also, I wouldn't mind The Dance getting an HD treatment. Has anyone noticed the 1080p clips of The Chain and Silver Springs on YouTube under the Fleetwood Mac channel? They look awesome!
Old 07-22-2023, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Based on what, though? Mick and Lindsey have both talked about reconciling and expressed an interest in working together, acknowledging that it would probably be outside of Fleetwood Mac.

If John WANTED to do the project, that would be one thing. But John’s made it pretty clear that he’s done.

How effing noble of him. Too bad he wasn’t that loyal to Brett.

Of course, by the time John was diagnosed, Christine’s return was imminent, so why bother playing Oceania with a substitute bass player when they’d be going down there in a couple of years with the full Rumours lineup? Still, they needed a plan B in case they couldn’t get out of their contract.

However, if Christine’s return hadn’t been imminent and Fleetwood Mac looked to be going on hiatus for three years or worse, maybe he would have simply replaced John with a prerecord, just like Brett.
My goodness, you really hate Lindsey. I pray it doesn't eat you up inside! I hope you have peace.

Basis is having John and Mick on 3 recent solo albums and Lindsey's stance in 2013, my opinion. Not looking to argue here. Your language is very confrontational.
Old 07-22-2023, 05:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Also, I wouldn't mind The Dance getting an HD treatment. Has anyone noticed the 1080p clips of The Chain and Silver Springs on YouTube under the Fleetwood Mac channel? They look awesome!
I also noticed that the email I got from FleetwoodMac.com about the Rumours Live album has links to buy Stevie's box set, Mick's Songbird cover, Lindsey's new Holiday Road shirt, and Christine's new In the Meantime. No option to buy anything or listen to from Crowded House or Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My goodness, you really hate Lindsey. I pray it doesn't eat you up inside! I hope you have peace.
I feel the same way about Stevie haters, especially the ones who use far nastier words than anything SteveMacDonald has said about Lindsey.

Do you think Mick and Lindsey would do something Fleetwood Mac related without John? I totally do, because I think they know that John wouldn’t care if they did or not. He wouldn’t begrudge them for working just because he’s retired. And since Stevie won’t join them, and without John and Christine, there really is no FM. The only option left is a Lindsey solo CD, with an appearance by Mick.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I feel the same way about Stevie haters, especially the ones who use far nastier words than anything SteveMacDonald has said about Lindsey.

Do you think Mick and Lindsey would do something Fleetwood Mac related without John? I totally do, because I think they know that John wouldn’t care if they did or not. He wouldn’t begrudge them for working just because he’s retired. And since Stevie won’t join them, and without John and Christine, there really is no FM. The only option left is a Lindsey solo CD, with an appearance by Mick.
I hear you bwboy about Stevie haters. It's more that he is interrogating me and just not letting me state my opinion in peace.

Stevie is my favorite member. And as someone who's given her my money for decades, I'm just disappointed in the path she took after the promises she made to her die hard fans during the In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold Tours.

I went to see Stevie in June, just to see her. And I wasn't happy with the setlist. But I still love her.
Old 07-22-2023, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My goodness, you really hate Lindsey.
Nah. Just the St. Lindsey pedestal crap. Color me cynical.

Quote:
Basis is having John and Mick on 3 recent solo albums and Lindsey's stance in 2013, my opinion. Not looking to argue here. Your language is very confrontational.
My language is what it is. The songs from his solo albums were from the mid-late ‘90s original GoS, which came out over the course of SYW, UTS, and GoS. Those songs were reworkings of songs from an album he originally recorded with Richard and his original solo band that the label rejected in 1995. That’s when the label pulled the plug on Fleetwood Mac, and stuck Rob Cavallo and Mick on Lindsey, followed by John and then Christine on a few songs. They also did a soft reunion with Stevie on “Twisted.” They probably recorded those songs that way to give them flexibility on how they could be released -solo or Fleetwood Mac- given the poor performance of OOTC, the confusing Time album, and major changes at the label -Mo and Lenny, as well as Steve Ross were all gone and the new guard was being run by bean counters.

As for the 2013 material, that was always intended to be Fleetwood Mac.

So, again, I don’t see what any of that has to do with a hypothetical album that’s not going a Fleetwood Mac album that they’ve both already talked about possibly making.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-22-2023 at 07:46 AM..