User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Great point. She is not selling well. Lot of agency tickets sitting out there.
Seriously? Did you see that video from Chicago the other night? The whole place looks packed! She has gotta be one of the biggest draws on the circuit today, maybe second tier to acts like Harry Styles and Taylor Swift (who play to millions every year).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Seriously? Did you see that video from Chicago the other night? The whole place looks packed! She has gotta be one of the biggest draws on the circuit today, maybe second tier to acts like Harry Styles and Taylor Swift (who play to millions every year).
Oh come on David I don’t think she’s even close to that. Swift just sold 150k in two nights in Pittsburgh. Stevie couldn’t sell out the arena without a solid co-headliner.
Old 06-26-2023, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh puhlease, Mick would jump at the chance. What else has he got?

I think he should slop together some "Ringo's All Star Band", or something like that. Otherwise, unless Stevie takes him in, how long until he files for his next bankruptcy?
I think the biggest thing would be she would not allow it. He would take away from her to a degree. She can’t have anyone with a known name on stage with her in a solo show. And nobody tell me about Waddy’s pedigree because it isn’t the same at all.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Oh come on David I don’t think she’s even close to that. Swift just sold 150k in two nights in Pittsburgh. Stevie couldn’t sell out the arena without a solid co-headliner.
Chicago did sell well. But, some of the other shows not so much. When I was in Vegas the same weekend as $he, they were giving tickets away.

She's scheduled for LA here early December and there's mucho seats. Swift or Mac would be sold out. The Billy Joel shows are selling.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chicago did sell well. But, some of the other shows not so much. When I was in Vegas the same weekend as $he, they were giving tickets away.

She's scheduled for LA here early December and there's mucho seats. Swift or Mac would be sold out. The Billy Joel shows are selling.
Her audience is aging and she’s not exactly getting up on stage and putting on anything THAT interesting anymore. Fleetwood Mac (with any of the Rumours songwriters involved) has always and will forever sell more seats than any of them solo, including the queen herself. Put her, Mick, Mike, and Sheryl on stage as some half assed version of Fleetwood Mac and it will easily outsell her solo shows.

The “new” audience she is gaining through all the TikTok Silver Springs and Harry Styles influenced love is going to struggle to justify those prices. And in that group she’s also competing with the likes of Swift. Sorry, most younger girls are attending a Swiftie event before Stevie Nicks.

If she solidly embraced social media and released even a halfway decent new single with a cool video that engaged people who aren’t in the typical boomer/genx concert circuit, she could do a lot better. Not to mention her live show is generally blah these days. The songs are tired and she looks tired.

I’m guessing she’s making good coin and really just doesn’t care to do anything different or new. And she really hasn’t for a long time.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She’s not a huge concert seller any more, without some market draw from a paired act. But she’s still hella viable.

When I was a kid, I loved her and listened to her obsessively. Everyone I knew made fun of me for it. Now that I’m tired of her music and more than a little tired of her behavior, I see countless people singing her praises. She’s rock royalty…now…when I’m too bored to listen…
Old 06-26-2023, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Taylor sold 212k in three nights at Nissan Stadium here, about 6 weeks ago. She set the all time record(just for the record, I don't like her- just stating facts).

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-27-2023 at 02:36 AM..
Old 06-26-2023, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the biggest thing would be she would not allow it. He would take away from her to a degree. She can’t have anyone with a known name on stage with her in a solo show. And nobody tell me about Waddy’s pedigree because it isn’t the same at all.
Well, she's not selling great. Old Dick might sell an extra 50 tickets?
Old 06-26-2023, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Taylor sold 212k in three nights here at Nissan Stadium here, about 6 weeks ago. She sat the all time record(just for the record, I don't like her- just stating facts).
Same. Her music does nothing for me and her voice lacks any passion. That said, same in Pittsburgh. Her first show broke the stadium attendance record. The next night she made a new record. Her selling power is unmatched today.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Karen would have to do the math on it. Is ole Dick going to take a bigger cut than whomever she has drumming for her lately and if so will those extra 50 seats sold offset the revenue? Steph ain’t giving up any of her money to Mick.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she just loves the lifestyle of being on the road. She's never been good at being home for long periods, despite her decades of protestations that she just wants to live on a cliff by the sea and write and watch the sunset. She'd last maybe a week. Ok, at 75 maybe two weeks.

Think about it-- what really does she have going on at home? She's not writing any more or recording, she doesn't have a family of her own. She doesn't seem to have any actual hobbies..... She's got lots of friends and god daughters, but let's face it, she's not realllllly super interested in giving anyone else much of her attention. Didn't she describe Christmas with her whole family (aunts, cousins, etc included) as her ready to ditch them all by the end of the day??

When she's touring, she's the focus of EVERYONE'S attention. People are away from home, so they aren't doing family stuff, or working in their gardens, or whatever normal stuff her team would be doing. Instead, they are out on the road, stuck in hotels, and focused on making sure she's good to go for the next show. She LOVES that. She loves the power of demanding the presidential suite, of private jets, and she loves the changing scenery of being in a different city every few nights. She's easily bored. She hated being home all during COVID. Staying in one place very long is gypsy death.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-26-2023 at 08:22 PM..
Old 06-27-2023, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With Christine gone and John likely retired, Mick playing with either Stevie or Lindsey carries a bit more weight. It becomes the closest thing to Fleetwood Mac we’re likely to get. Kind of like when Ringo sits in with McCartney.

Fleetwood Mac became way for Stevie to stay on the road without over saturating her brand. She doesn’t have that anymore. Adding Mick to her band and swapping in a few Fleetwood Mac songs (Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Manalishi, Don’t Stop) would be an easy way for her to stay on the road and give people a reason to come to the show. That said, how many more years of touring does she have?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-27-2023, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Karen would have to do the math on it. Is ole Dick going to take a bigger cut than whomever she has drumming for her lately and if so will those extra 50 seats sold offset the revenue? Steph ain’t giving up any of her money to Mick.
Old Dick is just going to have to accept that 1k/show is better than nothing, and his options are FEW.

He'll still get to be "somewhat" in the spotlight(which the old drama queen needs), and gets to leach onto the fading career that is Stevie's.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
With Christine gone and John likely retired, Mick playing with either Stevie or Lindsey carries a bit more weight. It becomes the closest thing to Fleetwood Mac we’re likely to get. Kind of like when Ringo sits in with McCartney.

Fleetwood Mac became way for Stevie to stay on the road without over saturating her brand. She doesn’t have that anymore. Adding Mick to her band and swapping in a few Fleetwood Mac songs (Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Manalishi, Don’t Stop) would be an easy way for her to stay on the road and give people a reason to come to the show. That said, how many more years of touring does she have?
REAL FM fans don't give af about her renditions of FM classics. I can sing them better than she.
Old 06-27-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
REAL FM fans don't give af about her renditions of FM classics. I can sing them better than she.
Honestly, can you imagine going to see her solo band do these versions of FM songs.

I find them boring when the Rumours 5 does them. Especially, Dreams.