The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very sorry to learn of this ..God rest his soul.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow I'm in shock. John and I spent many hours conversing via email regarding Fleetwood Mac rarities, searching for the elusive Seven Souls album, Brunning's scout album, etc. My collection of FM stuff wouldn't be half of what it is today without John.

We first got talking 8 years ago when he sent me Weston's solo albums because I couldn't afford the $255 it was going for on eBay. It kind of went from there.

He was a great source of FM knowledge, but more than that he was a passionate FM collector and didn't mind sharing his knowledge or out of print stuff with others. Together for a while we ran a blogspot page (fleetwoodmacmusic.blogspot.com I think) where I would upload stuff that John had sent me that was rare or out of print and I know that hundreds of people have stuff in their collection now that they wouldn't have without that site.

More that though, although I never met him in person, he seemed a great guy.

Sadly, perhaps, I hadn't conversed with him over the past year or two, as life got in the way, and though I often thought of dropping him a line to see how he was doing, I never did, and I guess I'll regret that now.

He was married to Bonnie if I recall correctly.

RIP my friend.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My condolences to all who knew and loved him.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy RIP John aka wetcamelfood

John was a super sweet, kind guy who I conversed with first online here at the Ledge regarding Danny Kirwan and my desire to hear his solo material. John sent me audio tapes of all Danny's songs so that I could see if I was interested in purchasing some albums on ebay. Thanks to John, I fell in love with Danny's solo music and ended up buying the albums. He was VERY knowledgeable, as has been said and I miss his posts here.

I helped some with the FM discography after he asked me to help with it.

RIP my friend.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you all so much for your kind words about my brother John. They mean a lot to me and my family. He was one in a million, for sure. If anyone knows of any other Fleetwood Mac sites he may of been a member of, please let me know so I can pass along this sad news.

Thank you.

Bonnie
Old 08-03-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybrotherjohn View Post
Thank you all so much for your kind words about my brother John. They mean a lot to me and my family. He was one in a million, for sure. If anyone knows of any other Fleetwood Mac sites he may of been a member of, please let me know so I can pass along this sad news.

Thank you.

Bonnie
I'm happy that you dig up this old thread Bonnie, your brother deserved every word.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the time I bought this site i 2007, John had already been working with Marty on the Discography for years and he built it into something incredibly expansive.

You know that with 16 members in the band, it would be hard enough just to keep up with FM and the members' solo projects, but the Discography branches out so far beyond that. It includes FM guest appearances numbering in the hundreds of thousands. John would make entries to the database during his downtime at work.

John would buy albums from outside artists just so he could upload the liner information to the Discography.

He was so meticulous and detailed. He put more effort into the Discography than most workers do into their jobs. When I had a question he was so responsive and, if he had a question, he always gave me his research and trouble shooting ideas and a wealth of information to bring me up to speed. I just never got over his thoroughness.

He was so polite and friendly and never participated in any of the debates that flared up on the boards over the years. He was interested in the music only.

Awhile back he told me he could not work on the Discography any longer. He did not indicate why and I assumed it was job related. I didn't know it was something more serious. Before leaving, he gave me tons of notes so that someone could take up where he left off. Of course, it would be hard for anyone to fill such a void.

My condolences to you and your family Bonnie.

Michele
Old 08-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy I used to help...

John with some stuff, in regards to bootlegs/touring dates/etc., years ago...

Sad to hear of his passing.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So sad to hear of John's passing, condolences to his family, RIP John, you will be missed on here

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John was a one of a kind, and will truly be missed - I am so sorry for your loss

(MybrotherJohn - I have sent you a PM)

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 08-06-2016, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wetcamelfood, with a distance, the best alias ever over here, I miss him. Rock on there, dude.

Last edited by shackin'up; 08-06-2016 at 06:21 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So sorry to hear this sad news and my condolences to Bonnie and to John's other family members and friends.

Like many others here, John and I emailed back and forth to discuss things about the band and their recordings, and we traded a few audio and video recordings too. I know he did a lot of work on the discography here and he was obviously a devoted and knowledgeable fan of the band. He'll be missed.