Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Video Music Awards...

Just turned on the VMA's but taking a break now cause Taylor Swift is on.

Anywho, I heart Florence the Machine even more now that I noticed the girl doesn't wear any shoes! Love it and the Stevieish outfit!

Oh snap, just looked at the tv, is Taylor shoeless to? Geeez.

Any thoughts on the VMA's from anyone?

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched the awards yet, but my friend is dancing for Florence and the Machine on the VMAs. Apparently she was "the one painted, in green, and with black hair" to quote my friend who says she's seen it....
Old 09-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Just turned on the VMA's but taking a break now cause Taylor Swift is on.

Oh snap, just looked at the tv, is Taylor shoeless to?
Maybe she goes shoeless so she won't look like an Amazon.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Maybe she goes shoeless so she won't look like an Amazon.
The girl does appear to need a sandwich.

He asked me for my love
And that was all

Last edited by Kena; 09-13-2010 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Proofreading? what's shat?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Florence + the Machine recreated the Dog Days music video. She's mentioned a Stevie-influence during one interview and she covered "The Chain," which she described as her all-time favorite song, at this year's Glastonbury festival.

It was strange to actually hear someone sing live from start to finish. Usher, Justin Bieber, Ciara, etc. had their performances seriously augmented with playback. Taylor Swift sang live, unfortunately, confirming what most of us already know: she's a singer who can't sing and a songwriter with a vocabulary of five words and two melodies. Kanye West's performance was fascinating because it was so outrageously awful - from the opening where he ripped off Moby to his terrible vocals and frat boy lyrics about "douche bags."
Gaga's acapella moment - where she belted out a piece of song she's just recorded - settles that argument. Love her or hate her, she can sing. Her songs, personality, outfits, etc. are a matter of personal taste, but the voice can't be denied. And she had the best line of the night when she accepted her 7th award of the evening: "I never thought I'd be asking Cher to hold my meat purse."
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn’t watch all of the Lady Gag awards, I mean MTV Awards, but I did see most of it. Just a few random thoughts …

Taylor Swift – ok, we know she isn’t the best singer (many said this about Stevie in her early days too ya know) but I genuinely liked it. She’s a storyteller and her performances are more about the overall heartfelt delivery. I’m not a big country music fan, but I appreciate Taylor and thought her performance was good.

Florence – don’t know much about her but as she was singing, I just knew I had seen her somewhere before. She has a duet with Dizze Rascal on a cover song titled “You Got the Love.” I like her performance and also though it was a bit Stevie-ish.

Justin Bieber – Chelsea was funny when she said, “Imagine the kinds of songs he’ll sing once he sees a v-----“. LOL, that was hilarious. And I admit, I was laughing a bit when he started to perform however, you can’t deny the fact that he’s got talent. I know he lip synched but I don’t have a problem with it if the routine is so vigorous that it is nearly impossible to sing live. He actually can sing, this just happened to be a performance that was heavily choreographed.

LG – I read somewhere she mentioned the new title of her CD, “Born This Way.” Great, just what the gays community needs, more pandering. Somehow I know they will just eat this up.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I didn’t watch all of the Lady Gag awards, I mean MTV Awards, but I did see most of it. Just a few random thoughts …

Taylor Swift – ok, we know she isn’t the best singer (many said this about Stevie in her early days too ya know) but I genuinely liked it. She’s a storyteller and her performances are more about the overall heartfelt delivery. I’m not a big country music fan, but I appreciate Taylor and thought her performance was good.

Florence – don’t know much about her but as she was singing, I just knew I had seen her somewhere before. She has a duet with Dizze Rascal on a cover song titled “You Got the Love.” I like her performance and also though it was a bit Stevie-ish.

Justin Bieber – Chelsea was funny when she said, “Imagine the kinds of songs he’ll sing once he sees a v-----“. LOL, that was hilarious. And I admit, I was laughing a bit when he started to perform however, you can’t deny the fact that he’s got talent. I know he lip synched but I don’t have a problem with it if the routine is so vigorous that it is nearly impossible to sing live. He actually can sing, this just happened to be a performance that was heavily choreographed.

LG – I read somewhere she mentioned the new title of her CD, “Born This Way.” Great, just what the gays community needs, more pandering. Somehow I know they will just eat this up.
Taylor Swift - was the best performance I saw of the night (not saying much though)

Florence - was not anything stevie-like. Aside from that matter for debate, she was awful.

Bieber - I thought Chelsea's joke was grotesquely naive. As if Bieber's never seen a v-----. It's none of my business nor my interest, but stupid Chelsea Come-Lately brought it up and treats her audience as fools. Anyway, I have seen no evidence of Bieber having any talent of note. More old news: Chelsea recycled the joke about him looking like a 28-year-0ld v----- (i mean: lesbieber). That joke isn't funny anymore because the issue is that the kid is popular because he's fug. This is a cultural calamity. I covet his hair though.

LG - I agree with everything you said here.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to like the VMAs back when there were more music videos and MTV actually showed in an interest in music. Now it just seems like one big celebration for the same ten people that are constantly brought up in every other form of communication. It's not even anything against the individual people, it's just a matter of oversaturation. Great, Lady Gaga won the most videos in history. Not too hard to do when there's only a handful to consider and awesome, she wore a meat dress to the ceremony, now how many places do I need to read about it live blogged or otherwise?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Rofl! I can't stand that little egotistic incubus. Call me harsh if you will, but I'd rather see him flaking off of a brittle sock than polluting the air waves with his "music".
Old 09-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I. Love. Gaga.

The Monster Ball (her current tour) is totally based around liberating oneself from social oppression. She talks about gay rights many times, about general nonconformity.... she says early on in the show that she wants people who feel like "freaks" in their day-to-day lives to feel comfortable around her and her music.

I repeat: I. Love. Gaga.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I. Love. Gaga.

The Monster Ball (her current tour) is totally based around liberating oneself from social oppression. She talks about gay rights many times, about general nonconformity.... she says early on in the show that she wants people who feel like "freaks" in their day-to-day lives to feel comfortable around her and her music.

I repeat: I. Love. Gaga.
I love Gaga as well! She is amazing and her Monser Ball show was soo good. I saw her last sunday and she was just so much better than I had expected and what i like about her the most is that she seems very sincere and you can tell that she really does love her fans. Also she can really sing and play her a** off. She is the real deal and I cant wait to see what she does next.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gaga = Mutilation + Death

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...icle389697.ece

The full version is amazing, but this is a good introduction to some of Paglia's arguments.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Gaga = Mutilation + Death

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...icle389697.ece

The full version is amazing, but this is a good introduction to some of Paglia's arguments.
Can you post the full version? I read this but whenever I tried to click on the full story I kept getting some BS ads that would not go away.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i don't want to break any copyright laws . . . perhaps I could email if someone really wants to read it.

pm me.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Qaadir sums it all up quite nicely.