Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Mac Sites to See in California?

Hellooo, everyone! I will be visiting some friends in California through out most of August, so I was wondering... what are some interesting Mac sites to see there? I've heard talk of Lindsey and Stevie's old apartment. And of course the Sausalito record plant. And they have a star on the walk of fame, correct? Would someone mind posting some addresses/ideas for me? I won't be in the city too much. Just shopping for desginer thingsss. I'll be spending most of my time at the BEACH!

Thanks in advance!
R

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
Hellooo, everyone! I will be visiting some friends in California through out most of August, so I was wondering... what are some interesting Mac sites to see there? I've heard talk of Lindsey and Stevie's old apartment. And of course the Sausalito record plant. And they have a star on the walk of fame, correct? Would someone mind posting some addresses/ideas for me? I won't be in the city too much. Just shopping for desginer thingsss. I'll be spending most of my time at the BEACH!

Thanks in advance!
R
I'm interested in this, too, considering I live here and am yet to see anything Mac related

They do have a star-- it's on Sunset in front of Frederick's of Hollywood.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Their apartment was on Fairfax and Orange Grove, right?
Gah, I'm such a dork for knowing that.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You could check out where Buckingham Nicks was recorded, where Stevie and Lindsey met up with the others for dinner (wasn't it a Mexican restaurant?) on New Years Eve 1974 to talk about joining the band, Menlo-Atherton High School (555 Middlefield Road, Atherton) and wherever else they recorded in California. Of course I have no addresses.

ETA: Mick first heard Frozen Love and met Lindsey at California's Sound City Studios (15456 Cabrito Road) in Van Nuys. The White Album was also recorded there in February of '75.

Rumours: Record Plant Studios (2200 Bridgeway), Sausalito; Wally Heider Studios (245 Hyde Street, San Francisco, between Turk and Eddy Streets, across the street from Black Hawk jazz club), LA; Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood; Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley.

I can't find Davlen's address, however, they have a website: http://davlensoundstudios.com/
Directions to the Zellerbach Aud are here: http://facilities.calperfs.berkeley....ch_auditorium/

Tusk recording location: The Village Recorder, West Los Angeles, CA - I believe the address is 1616 Butler Ave.
Mirage: France, as well as the Record Plant. Mixed at George Massenburg Studios, West Los Angeles.

Aaaand there's a lot of recording locations on the Penguin Discography: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/artis...25&gid=0&fid=1

Oh, and Stevie was a waitress at Clementine's. Google says Clementine Restaurant in LA is on 1751 Ensley Ave.

One of Lindsey's homes (I've read it's his 'former' house, but I don't know if that's correct) is at 34.08817800, -118.45163200. Once again, Google says it's on Airole Way, somewhere between house numbers 933 - 957. I think it may be 933. Type in the lat and long and you can use Google Streetview to 'stand' in his driveway! http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=3...-8&sa=N&tab=wl. When Kristen was pregnant, they lived at a Four Seasons in Beverly Hills.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."

Last edited by Moz; 07-28-2009 at 01:53 AM..
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
You could check out where Buckingham Nicks was recorded, where Stevie and Lindsey met up with the others for dinner (wasn't it a Mexican restaurant?) on New Years Eve 1974 to talk about joining the band, Menlo-Atherton High School (555 Middlefield Road, Atherton) and wherever else they recorded in California. Of course I have no addresses.

ETA: Mick first heard Frozen Love and met Lindsey at California's Sound City Studios (15456 Cabrito Road) in Van Nuys. The White Album was also recorded there in February of '75.

Rumours: Record Plant Studios (2200 Bridgeway), Sausalito; Wally Heider Studios (245 Hyde Street, San Francisco, between Turk and Eddy Streets, across the street from Black Hawk jazz club), LA; Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood; Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley.

I can't find Davlen's address, however, they have a website: http://davlensoundstudios.com/
Directions to the Zellerbach Aud are here: http://facilities.calperfs.berkeley....ch_auditorium/

Tusk recording location: The Village Recorder, West Los Angeles, CA - I believe the address is 1616 Butler Ave.
Mirage: France, as well as the Record Plant. Mixed at George Massenburg Studios, West Los Angeles.

Aaaand there's a lot of recording locations on the Penguin Discography: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/artis...25&gid=0&fid=1

Oh, and Stevie was a waitress at Clementine's. Google says Clementine Restaurant in LA is on 1751 Ensley Ave.
I drive by MA (Menlo Atherton High School) every day-- was just there about an hour ago. It's really not that exciting, especially since the entire place is covered in construction right now. It's so cool for me to know that Stevie and Lindsey went there, though, and its such a normal part of my day to day life.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I drive by MA (Menlo Atherton High School) every day-- was just there about an hour ago. It's really not that exciting, especially since the entire place is covered in construction right now. It's so cool for me to know that Stevie and Lindsey went there, though, and its such a normal part of my day to day life.
Aww. I'd love to visit places like that, as trivial as they are.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 07-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Registered

Quote:
High school Student Store's often keep a collection of the un-sold Yearbooks for each year. You should stop into Menlo-Atherton's and ask their Financial Manager if they have a yearbook in stock from Stevie & Lindsey's tenure.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
Juniper Street- the inspiration for "Flying Down Juniper" is no less than a quarter mile from Menlo Atherton High. Lindsey and his richie-rich family grew up in the Flood Circle neighborhood.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld92 View Post

Nope, just creepy.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
High school Student Store's often keep a collection of the un-sold Yearbooks for each year. You should stop into Menlo-Atherton's and ask their Financial Manager if they have a yearbook in stock from Stevie & Lindsey's tenure.
i have one of the reissue yearbooks, but was able to snag a real year book from stevie's senior yr, from this school~ i had lindsey's freshmen & sophmore yr books too~ but i gave them to a serious lindsey fan~
Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm interested in this, too, considering I live here and am yet to see anything Mac related

They do have a star-- it's on Sunset in front of Frederick's of Hollywood.
I visited their star last year!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
You didn't say where you'd be in California -- northern, central, southern. It's about 800 miles top to bottom!

But if you're in Arcadia, my hometown, you can see Arcadia High School, where Stevie went to school for a year or two. And once you're in Arcadia, you'll want to eat lunch or dinner at Clearman's Village -- North Woods Inn -- & unwind at the L.A. County Arboretum, one of the biggest in the country.

You can also drive past the City of Hope on Huntington, where Robin Anderson was initially treated (before being transferred to UCLA Medical Center).

If you're up in central (Bay Area) visiting the Record Plant in Sausalito, eat a meal at Scoma's. Don't leave Sausalito without eating at Scoma's--or I'll kick your ass.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Juniper Street- the inspiration for "Flying Down Juniper" is no less than a quarter mile from Menlo Atherton High. Lindsey and his richie-rich family grew up in the Flood Circle neighborhood.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what street Stevie lived on? I've heard her mention it was only a couple of blocks from Lindsey's house.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld92 View Post
Nah. I know about it because of the story Christine told about her mother's prediction.

My friend thought I was a creeper for knowing about Menlo-Atherton. She said her friend went there and I mentioned Stevie and Lindsey. Her response:
Old 07-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Plant Studio in Sausalito is in trouble.
Read about the preservation attempts here.
Posted on the link is a video of Mick Fleetwood boring me to tears with his take on saving The Plant.