The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I met her at a celebrity soft ball game in Encino in early 1987 between some of the member of FM and Motley Crue, (whose fans were awful) right before TITN came out .She was friendly and told us 'Eh it's a good album I promise you that'.People even rather rudely asked if Stevie was coming out with another album and gave her a little plaque to give to Stevie who was not there .When someone gave Chris a bumper sticker she said "Oh for me!' as if no one gave her anything very often.She also said ' this isn't a very good pen' when my friend gave her a pen to sing an autograph with.I thought she looked very earthy in person almost as if her face was molded out of clay.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

{raises hand} I met her at an Eric Clapton concert before Rumours was released. (most y'all've read my account of that already)
Old 09-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
It's ironic that you have never met Christine because you are, perhaps, THE uber Christine fan! If your karma works out, you might just get a chance someday :-)
Thank you, aleuzzi. I thought the same thing as I was reading some of these posts. Most of the people here on this board who are the biggest fans of Christine have never met her.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
If I had the opportunity to meet Chris, I'd give it to Mary Anne. She deserves it and I hope it happens for her.
Thank you, Hillary.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676
I had told her that I had been spending a lot of time on her TUSK contributions and that "Brown Eyes" was the one track that I kept going back to over and over again. She got a pained expression on her face and asked, "Why?" and I said, "well, its gorgeous for one!" and she laughed and said, "It just drones on and on and doesn't go anywhere". I told her that it was my favorite. We took a photo and I complimented her on her hat and she said that she and Stevie had purchased a trunk-load recently and she was determined to wear them all. LOL

She was/is a class act.

rbs
I would love to see the photo - can you share it with us?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Thank you, aleuzzi. I thought the same thing as I was reading some of these posts. Most of the people here on this board who are the biggest fans of Christine have never met her.
I'm with you Mary Anne. If I ever met her, I'd be too nervous to speak to her! If I did, I'm sure I'd say something stupid. She's ALWAYS been #1 on my list of people I'd like to meet.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
I met her at a celebrity soft ball game in Encino in early 1987 between some of the member of FM and Motley Crue, (whose fans were awful) right before TITN came out .She was friendly and told us 'Eh it's a good album I promise you that'.People even rather rudely asked if Stevie was coming out with another album and gave her a little plaque to give to Stevie who was not there .When someone gave Chris a bumper sticker she said "Oh for me!' as if no one gave her anything very often.She also said ' this isn't a very good pen' when my friend gave her a pen to sing an autograph with.I thought she looked very earthy in person almost as if her face was molded out of clay.
Motley Crue fans too rowdy.... never.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually they were mostly female and skanky .Every time then recent DUI manslaughterer Vince Neil got up to bat one of them would hang onto the chain link fence and simulate orgasm.I really felt sorry for Eddy Quintella and Christine as they were standing nearby but they seemed adept at ignoring it..i'm sure Christine had pretty much seen it all by then anyway.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
Actually they were mostly female and skanky .Every time then recent DUI manslaughterer Vince Neil got up to bat one of them would hang onto the chain link fence and simulate orgasm.I really felt sorry for Eddy Quintella and Christine as they were standing nearby but they seemed adept at ignoring it..i'm sure Christine had pretty much seen it all by then anyway.
AH yes,and I'm sure they werent small, if you know what I mean.