User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I love the lamp story. I mean, it's way better to shoot the random sh** with somebody. And stevie no less.

Your stories are great, There's always some interesting little twist. The one with Christine was great, and that's kind of what you expect Christine to do, whether she would do it all the time or not.
What annoys me is the only time I seemed to have a camera is with the guys of MAC. I SOOO wanted a pic with Christine and Stevie. Fat chance now. Slim chance left with Stevie, NONE now with Christine. (Although I BET she will come back with the MAC at least ONE more time! ) Hey Amber, Hurry up and become President of the US so we all can see the MAC at your Inaguration! (In person, of course)

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676
I had told her that I had been spending a lot of time on her TUSK contributions and that "Brown Eyes" was the one track that I kept going back to over and over again. She got a pained expression on her face and asked, "Why?" and I said, "well, its gorgeous for one!" and she laughed and said, "It just drones on and on and doesn't go anywhere".
LOL I can hear hear saying that, and can imagine her pained expression. I love everyone's cool stories!!

-Lis
Old 09-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We took a photo and I complimented her on her hat and she said that she and Stevie had purchased a trunk-load recently and she was determined to wear them all.
rbs
Too funny! Thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had told her that I had been spending a lot of time on her TUSK contributions and that "Brown Eyes" was the one track that I kept going back to over and over again. She got a pained expression on her face and asked, "Why?" and I said, "well, its gorgeous for one!" and she laughed and said, "It just drones on and on and doesn't go anywhere". I told her that it was my favorite. We took a photo and I complimented her on her hat and she said that she and Stevie had purchased a trunk-load recently and she was determined to wear them all. LOL

She was/is a class act.

rbs
LOL, I remember on a tango boot Christine says somethign to the effect of "I always liek to borrow one of stevies hats for this one" before songbird.

COuld you post your pics??
Old 09-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Yes, the dreaded lamp thread ". I am lost here! Can someone clue me in? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Im probably the only one, but if I had the choice, I rather have dinner with Christine anynight over Stevie.

Ive never met Chris , just Stevie. My friend did work on the Dance tour and handed Chris her accourdian every night before Tusk! I use to ask: "was she drunk", haha he said no.

If I did meet Chris I would ask her to please sing Got A Hold On Me live!
Old 09-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've really loved reading everyone's stories about meeting Christine. I've never met her. I'd be too intimidated anyway. It would just be too much of a traumatic experience. Most of the stories I've ever heard about her have been very positive(except for David's ). Everybody always seems to mention that she's down to earth, unpretentious & very gracious towards fans.

It's kind of funny about "Brown Eyes". I have a magazine interview that she did back in the mid 1980's & she mentioned "Brown Eyes" as one of her favorite songs that she wrote.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I've really loved reading everyone's stories about meeting Christine. I've never met her. I'd be too intimidated anyway. It would just be too much of a traumatic experience. Most of the stories I've ever heard about her have been very positive(except for David's ). Everybody always seems to mention that she's down to earth, unpretentious & very gracious towards fans.

It's kind of funny about "Brown Eyes". I have a magazine interview that she did back in the mid 1980's & she mentioned "Brown Eyes" as one of her favorite songs that she wrote.
I think its neat when any artist of Fleetwood Mac talks to a fan about their opinion on a certain song. That right there about Brown Eyes I thought was great. And I have to agree with Christine that I don't think it goes anywhere either. I'd love to hear more stores about her, I love her.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i love her too! and i always thought she was amazing, wonderful, fantastic etc. but its really nice to hear all these stories about her that ive never heard before, just little funny things shes said etc.! -and how beautiful she is! - because she is! thanks everyone!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
I met her a few times. The best story is I was backstage staying in the background, being very unobtrusive (Waiting for MAC members to come out) When the Gestapo Security Guards decided I should leave. I kinda snuck back beyond where my type of backstage pass allowed me to go, so in all fairness, they were right. But, rather than be nice about it, they were being rather rude. Just then Christine came out and said "Don't you people have anything better to do? He's with me! Now go find Stevie Some asperin and leave him alone!" She then led me back to the real backstage where I met everyone (But Stevie this time, as she was in the bathroom and wouldn't come out. Wasn't feeling well) I got autographs, but didn't have a camera with me. (Pre digital camera days and disposables weren't too common back then). She was soooo nice, and said "Don't worry about those Twits". Something about her accent saying twits, I always remembered. I got a chance to meet her a total of 5 times and she was always a classy lady. (And photos just don't due her justice.) I just wish ONCE I had a camera with me. But I do have the autographs and memmories. Oh well......

I'm so jealous! Thank you for this incredible story.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
The one time I did try to meet her she was getting into her limo about six feet from me. This was on The Dance tour. I said "Christine". She just looked at me and got in the car.

From what I've gathered she was pretty miserable on the Dance Tour. I imagine she was worn out with the whole rock touring thing and tired of everything--including adoring fans. I can imagine it would be wearing. I'd have loved to have met her in the earl or mid seventies!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymaycen
I will jump in here.... I met Christine on her tour for her solo album back in the 80's. She was extremely gracious, friendly and as someone said, photos do not do her justice. She was very beautiful in person. I remember she tried to give me an autograph and the pen kept running out of ink. She made fun of herself as if she was a bit thick and didn't know how to work a pen. I was pretty uncomfortable and just stared as I was so nervous. She reached out her hand to me, recognizing that I was a awestruck and feeling a bit awkward. She took my hand and said "Hi, I'm Christine, good to meet you". My friend kept hitting me in the side telling me to stop staring, that it was rude. Christine heard her say this to me and said, "yes do not stare, it is not polite". She really had a good sense of humour and tried to make me feel comfortable. I would say grounded is a good word to describe her considering her fame. I wish I would have asked for a photo with her as I am sure she would have been up for that. Does anyone have photos they had taken with her they could post here? Anyway...that's my story.
That is such a sweet story!
Old 09-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57

It's ironic that you have never met Christine because you are, perhaps, THE uber Christine fan! If your karma works out, you might just get a chance someday :-)
Old 09-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
It's ironic that you have never met Christine because you are, perhaps, THE uber Christine fan! If your karma works out, you might just get a chance someday :-)
I was thinking the same thing. If I had the opportunity to meet Chris, I'd give it to Mary Anne. She deserves it and I hope it happens for her.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksluvver
"Yes, the dreaded lamp thread ". I am lost here! Can someone clue me in? Thanks!
It was a thread about meeting Stevie in the Stevie section. I will have to find it. Basically, I had a long chat with Stevie and it was about...... Antiques. (Tiffany lamps). I will see if I can find the thread so you can snicker too! I got teased for years about it. and still do.

Here we go:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=19891

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.

Last edited by seeker007nmss; 09-11-2005 at 11:13 PM..