Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Basic tracks were recorded in 2014.
Oh right, thanks..
nevertheless all seemed okey dokey during summer of 2017.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Every time I see a clip of Stevie singing GYPSY recently with all that weird hand jive & the "hey hey baby" I. JUST. CRINGE. Uggh!
I feel she was able to get Gypsy right once...and that was The Dance. Ever since then, it's been a downward slide toward "hey hey baby." And Mike playing that piano along with her hand thing that you mention just adds to the cringe level.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I feel she was able to get Gypsy right once...and that was The Dance.
I've always felt the same way, it really is a great version. She nails the vocal, Christine's keys are on point and Lindsey actually plays the hook, unlike the half-azzed interpretation on the Mirage tour.. what were they thinking? The way they played it in '82 didn't do the song justice at all, just.. sloppy, lazy. IMO anyway.

Okay, maybe she got it right twice.. that acoustic version w Lindsey from the AZ Heart Benefit thing remains one of my favorite bootleg recordings to this day.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I've always felt the same way, it really is a great version. She nails the vocal, Christine's keys are on point and Lindsey actually plays the hook, unlike the half-azzed interpretation on the Mirage tour.. what were they thinking? The way they played it in '82 didn't do the song justice at all, just.. sloppy, lazy. IMO anyway.

Okay, maybe she got it right twice.. that acoustic version w Lindsey from the AZ Heart Benefit thing remains one of my favorite bootleg recordings to this day.
Oh yes, you are right - that acoustic version from 2000 was amazing. And while I think the Mirage Tour version has some charm, they really didn't play it well. Certainly a case where extra musicians on stage helps.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
What I donÂ’t get...Buckingham Mcvie release their album of that name in June 2017....so must have been happy during that time, Mick and John are on that album so theyÂ’re presumably happy to perform during 2017 with Lindsey.
Less than a year later, January 2018, Lindsey is sacked.

Fleetwood gives the reason (well at least todayÂ’s reason)...that no one was happy.
This is a load of b*ll*cks

Christine at least must have been happy she toured with Lindsey upto July 2017.
So WTF happened between August 2017 and December 2107....
.......Stevie gave Mick the Ultimatum, me or him.....
NOT , well we were all unhappy, and it couldnÂ’t continue load of rubbish.

watch the video of them all (4 of them) in the studio together....hugs and kisses all around, at one point even LB and Mick are hugging and LB says "Love you man" and Mick is concurring "mmm hmmmm"

Hugs and kisses LB and Chris.

Love all around.

Except the one person not happy, who was not there.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
watch the video of them all (4 of them) in the studio together....hugs and kisses all around, at one point even LB and Mick are hugging and LB says "Love you man" and Mick is concurring "mmm hmmmm"

Hugs and kisses LB and Chris.

Love all around.

Except the one person not happy, who was not there.
I'm sick of the lies and political correctness. Just lay it out there. Stevie's ego blew up and she couldn't stand being shown up by Lindsey and Christine in the studio and she didn't want Lindsey to give anyone else attention but her. She was living the tragic Lindsey/Stevie saga still. Her bubble finally got burst and she flipped. Sorry Lindsey, you're out. SUCKS! Stevie won cause she's the touring cash cow and the other three followed. No integrity.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Every time I see a clip of Stevie singing GYPSY recently with all that weird hand jive & the "hey hey baby" I. JUST. CRINGE. Uggh!
I saw it live and I honestly had to put my hands over my ears. And a few people around me were doing the same. It was absolutely horrible.

Then she sang GDW and was wonderful. So I'm not sure what she's doing. But, Gypsy is atrocious.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:52 PM

WE were not happy = $$$$$tevie was not happy.

Mick has to do what $he says.
Christine coming back from a long long absence = zero say
John just doesn't give as ****. And giving he and Christine $$ has always worked.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. It’s gross.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
WE were not happy = $$$$$tevie was not happy.

Mick has to do what $he says.
Christine coming back from a long long absence = zero say
John just doesn't give as ****. And giving he and Christine $$ has always worked.
When have they ever been happy? They were all miserable during Rumours and Tusk. The studio and tours were Fight Club Extraordinaire, but no one even thought of kicking Lindsey out then because they had too much to lose if they did.

Peace and happiness, my foot.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxVsqngf9yE&t=791s

Where's the unhappiness here??

starting around 5:07.... see how unhappy Mick is. Oh, wait, that was before Stevie refused to participate, which meant he (and John) declined to tour because Queen Bee would be mad and not every tour with them again.

And then even that wasn't enough for her.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:

starting around 5:07.... see how unhappy Mick is. Oh, wait, that was before Stevie refused to participate, which meant he (and John) declined to tour because Queen Bee would be mad and not every tour with them again.

I remember how happy I was watching that. Seeing LB so happy to have her back. Watching this now hurts me.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This reminder makes me want to cry. I remember how ecstatic I was when seeing this for the first time- all the anticipation of what could become
sigh

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-04-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
This reminder makes me want to cry. I remember how ecstatic I was when seeing this for the first time- all the anticipation of what could become
sigh
I saw this and thought: There's no way $tevie can stop them from making music. They look so happy making music and they are happy!!!

Then............... explosion...

"He wouldn't tour.... errrrrrrrrr we just wanted to be happy... errrrrrrr... we thought we were breaking up as a band.... errrrrrrrrrr yeah happy.. I needed to be happy... "
Old 09-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw this and thought: There's no way $tevie can stop them from making music. They look so happy making music and they are happy!!!

Then............... explosion...

"He wouldn't tour.... errrrrrrrrr we just wanted to be happy... errrrrrrr... we thought we were breaking up as a band.... errrrrrrrrrr yeah happy.. I needed to be happy... "
Don't forget the key to the whole thing...firing Lindsey so someone could dance around their apartment for a decade.

My God these people are just awful.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:35 PM
stevierocks87
This message has been deleted by stevierocks87. Reason: error