The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
No Dani.. I'm not by a long shot talking about Sara.. I can't reveal who my source is, and I won't at this time.. I'll just say this person "IS" very much a part of the business aspect of the band!
Again, I'm just playing "tennis" with you... but even if you do have a bidness contact within the Mac family, how can that person speculate on the timing of a new album dropping? The white album took 3 months to record... but their next album took 4 times that long. Imagine how that must have surprised the execs at Warners! There just isn't any predicting the creative process. Especially when it involves the egos of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Not to mention the nature of the current economy... several big name movies and albums these past 2 years have had their release dates pushed back, by up to 6 months or more, so that they'll hopefully earn the most money. There are just too many random variables to be able to say definitively that there will be a new album next year. I'm just not convinced. We've gotta look at this realistically... this band does NOTHING quickly, decisively, or firmly. Stevie will say she's never reuniting with Fleetwood Mac again, then she turns around the next year and does a world tour with them. Mick will tell us we're getting an album in a year, then 6 passes with nothing. The only thing predictable about Fleetwood Mac is the fact they're unreliable!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Again, I'm just playing "tennis" with you... but even if you do have a bidness contact within the Mac family, how can that person speculate on the timing of a new album dropping? The white album took 3 months to record... but their next album took 4 times that long. Imagine how that must have surprised the execs at Warners! There just isn't any predicting the creative process. Especially when it involves the egos of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Not to mention the nature of the current economy... several big name movies and albums these past 2 years have had their release dates pushed back, by up to 6 months or more, so that they'll hopefully earn the most money. There are just too many random variables to be able to say definitively that there will be a new album next year. I'm just not convinced. We've gotta look at this realistically... this band does NOTHING quickly, decisively, or firmly. Stevie will say she's never reuniting with Fleetwood Mac again, then she turns around the next year and does a world tour with them. Mick will tell us we're getting an album in a year, then 6 passes with nothing. The only thing predictable about Fleetwood Mac is the fact they're unreliable!
Well, that's exactly what I just told you in my last post to you. It was something that was "scheduled" to happen before the end of the year, which means just that..That's what they are "shooting" for.. but as I said, no one is God, nor can anyone predict what the future holds.. And you're exactly right..there isn't any way of predicting that creative process.. No one knows what lies ahead.. so it's all a wait and see game.. You have me laughing at the ego's of Stevie and Lindsey.. That's a whole other can of worms.. LOLOL - And yes.. that's SO typical Stevie.. she's done that several times.. of saying how she'll never tour with the Mac again, and lo and behold.. here's a new album in the works.. Anyway, so leaving it at that note, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how things go! I'd love for them to have a album out by that date, but as you said, there's a lot of factors. I totally see your point, and agree..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....

Last edited by Steviefan49; 10-22-2009 at 02:37 AM..