Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Registered

Default Re: Everybody Finds Out!

I have seen messages from quite a lot of people who LOVE 'Everybody Finds Out' and how it could be a great single, a great remix, a great concert moment, etc...
And i also see a good deal of replies that EFO 'does not sound like a Fleetwood Mac song'- I am old enough (unfortunately!) to remember people saying 'Tusk' and 'Big Love' did not sound like Fleetwood Mac songs, and yet both are now firmly established as classic Fleetwood Mac hits.
The 'Say You Will' cd has fallen off of the Billboard charts. It's probably too late for it to rebound and chart again. But if it were possible for it to rally, it would be by releasing 'Everybody Finds Out' because it is THE freshest and most exciting song Fleetwood Mac has recorded in a long time. I also like 'Miranda' and 'Steal Your Heart Away' but neither scream HIT to me as loud as EFO. It could be another signature song in Stevie's songwriting career. Stevie sounds amazing on it. And it could also be the best shot Fleetwood Mac has at having a major hit song with multi-format airplay (and dance club) possibilities. Also, if it were to be released, and become a hit, it would sound every bit as much like Fleetwood Mac as do 'Big Love' or 'Tusk' Lindsey was 'allowed' experimental singles that became hits, it should be Stevie's turn with 'Everybody Finds Out'- a song too good JUST to be track 15 on their cd and never be heard from again.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-20-2003 at 11:19 PM..
Old 10-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow EFO

Personally I like the song, probably less than when I first heard it. IMO I don't think it would be successful as a single released to mainstream radio. However I do feel it has great potential as a dance mix song, much like POTU was.

Joe