User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I just can't see Dave helping her on her demos. Waddy yes. Even Christine (since the demos would be used by FM), but not Dave. I think he's producing her and I think that's great.

I wouldn't think Lindsey has been excluded, but I'd just as soon he was.

Michele
Perhaps but I can also see Dave giving Stevie a hand with writing. I'm not convinced she has a bunch of songs ready to go...poems yes but not songs. That's where the Dave magic comes in. You know, the whole "Lennon/McCartney thing"...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Most of y'all are so pessimistic it's funny because I'm the opposite. How do we know exactly what's going on? Just speculating for the worst. Maybe Lindsey fleetwood and john are there too. Dave just said him, Stevie, and waddy went together. He didn't even mention Chris.
All you negative Nancy's need to get your heads out of your asses. Lol un f¥<% your selves! (Disclaimer: just some Air Force expressions just kidding, don't take it personally. Someone might be sensitive and get butt hurt. I actually love y'all's discussions)
Old 04-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Perhaps but I can also see Dave giving Stevie a hand with writing. I'm not convinced she has a bunch of songs ready to go...poems yes but not songs. That's where the Dave magic comes in. You know, the whole "Lennon/McCartney thing"...
yes, that was my first thought too. all newer songs on IYD were co-written by either Dave, Neale, or Mike Campbell. Dave and Stevie described several times how their process would go - Dave would pick some lyrics from her journal and start strumming some chords and adding some melody... if she would like it he'd go on and she may join in and add to it, if she wouldn't like it, he'd change direction. that's probably what she loved so much about working with him, plus that Dave would actually take her whole poem (of course, some people listened to the final result and thought many of those songs are way too long), and listen to whether or not she liked what he was doing musically.

for this new album, Lindsey offered that he could co-write some songs with her if she wanted to, but that's probably where their old baggage comes in - she doesn't want to be dependent on him anymore like she was probably a lot in the past, judging from the snippets in the Tusk doc.

it is possible that not only Dave, but maybe Christine can co-write some music to Stevie's poems, and that's why Christine is there with them. or maybe she's there as a "band rep" if you will, since she knows how the other songs on the album sound...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-23-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Most of y'all are so pessimistic it's funny because I'm the opposite. How do we know exactly what's going on? Just speculating for the worst. Maybe Lindsey fleetwood and john are there too. Dave just said him, Stevie, and waddy went together. He didn't even mention Chris.
All you negative Nancy's need to get your heads out of your asses. Lol un f¥<% your selves! (Disclaimer: just some Air Force expressions just kidding, don't take it personally. Someone might be sensitive and get butt hurt. I actually love y'all's discussions)
Well we've placed Christine in the same city so we assume she's there for the same purpose. It would be a big coincidence if she's not. I think we're just taking the information that's been given and using some logic to fill in some blanks. Obviously we don't know all the details, but we're having a discussion on the possibilities based on the evidence....it's not like we don't have discussions on this board based on far less. I don't consider that pessimism...evidence so far does not lend itself to the idea that this is a band working together harmoniously...regarding Stevie, anyway. There's no evidence to suggest that Lindsey, Mick and John in Nashville with her....it's possible I suppose....but they probably would've gone along with Christine. Dave mentioned Stevie and Waddy though he didn't mention Christine. Maybe she joined later. We do know he's working on a "Fleetwood Mac project" so it only makes sense. But if he were working with the whole of Fleetwood Mac he probably would've said so. I think that's pretty logical to assume. There's no need to be blindly optimistic for the sake of optimism.

All we have to go on right now is what Lindsey and Christine said last month in interviews and then this bit of activity revealed by Dave Stewart. What they've done in the mean time or may do later on we have no absolutely idea. We can only hope.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-23-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went back and found the thread where Dave started tweeting about working with Stevie on what ultimately became "IYD" OMG!!! Stevie wrote a new song with Dave Stewart...
There seems to be as lot of similarities between now and then with people having a lot of the same feelings regarding Stevie working with Dave...
The one thing that seems different this time is that Dave so far has been silent about what is happening at Blackbird...I wonder if Dave has been given a "No Tweets" order...
Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I certainly hope there isn't a no tweets order. This is what has generated the most interest/passion and momentum for the band in terms of potential new music. Marketing has to be something they pay attention to this time around - please!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
I certainly hope there isn't a no tweets order. This is what has generated the most interest/passion and momentum for the band in terms of potential new music. Marketing has to be something they pay attention to this time around - please!
The only thing Dave's tweeted about the past few days is where he eats and he's tweeted a few pictures of some vintage equipment...

His twitter has been mysteriously quiet the past few days...Maybe he is just very busy...
Old 04-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly! Stevie's twitter has just been "Verified" and given it's "blue check" and it is gaining new followers on a daily basis...If "Camp Stevie" were up to date on marketing they would be tweeting about what she/FM are up to...Do they not realize twitter is FREE???
Maybe Stevie needs to be told that twitter is "Cheaper Than Free"....

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-23-2014 at 05:03 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
She has plenty of songs ready to go that are in the vault. She may have forgotten about them or maybe she feels they are not relevant anymore or maybe she's hungry to write something new with Dave but that doesn't mean she doesn't have songs ready. In fact, for me she doesn't necessarily need to write anything new save for the song about her mom passing. I think that one in terms of subject matter could be the next Landslide. With respect to her old demos, I crave to hear these recorded with the first 10 being my top favorites:

1) The Dealer/Mistress of My Fate
2) All The Beautiful Worlds
3) If You Were My Love
4) Jimmy Come On Back
5) Love And War/Mix Down
6) Ooh Baby
7) This Is My Cross To Bear
7) Charmed Ones: City Of Hope Song
8) Tied Up (In Promises)
9) One More Tomorrow
10) Chanel Chanel
11) Julia
12) Christian/Spinning Wheels/Mirrow Ball
13) Belle Fleure
14) What Has Rock N Roll Ever Done For You?
15) All The King's Horses
16) Blue Water
17) Castaway
18) Frustrated Love/Mistaken Love/Forsaken Love
19) China Doll
20) Rich Old Lady/Mystical Love
21) She Loves Him Still
22) I Call You Missing
23) Starshine
24) Takes A Long Time
25) Watchdevil
26) 24 Karat Gold (R&B mix)

I would need The Dealer/Mistress of My Fate and the new song about her mom as must-haves. But those two plus any other 4 from the above list would make 6 songs and would equate to her 1/3 of an 18 song album. So she has plenty of songs ready to go - and the point is that I hope these songs get recorded and released someday before she retires. This is my humble request in case anyone from her team reads this.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this isn't another "Rumours" piano tuning...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She has plenty of songs ready to go that are in the vault. She may have forgotten about them or maybe she feels they are not relevant anymore or maybe she's hungry to write something new with Dave.
I think she's already written most of her songs...Since co-writing is her new thing she's probably already written a few with Dave and with any luck a few with Christine and maybe 1 or 2 with Dave & Christine I also think she arrived at Blackbird with some fairly polished demos in hand...
I would think the band is on board with what she is doing or she would not be in Nashville at a studio where time is most likely just as expensive as it is at the Village so I don't see the need for her to dredge up a bunch of 30 year old songs...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I would think the band is on board with what she is doing or she would not be in Nashville at a studio where time is most likely just as expensive as it is at the Village so I don't see the need for her to dredge up a bunch of 30 year old songs...
exactly.

if you think back to DR doc, Mick was saying how she went and wrote several new songs because she wanted to be en par with Lindsey who had this great batch of songs. so i would think, considering both Christine and Lindsey are obviously still very inspired and contributing new songs, she would like to show she also has new stuff to contribute.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly.

if you think back to DR doc, Mick was saying how she went and wrote several new songs because she wanted to be en par with Lindsey who had this great batch of songs. so i would think, considering both Christine and Lindsey are obviously still very inspired and contributing new songs, she would like to show she also has new stuff to contribute.
There may be a bit of a power (or whatever you want to call it ) struggle going on but since they know this could be the last FM record I think they are going to pull out all the stops with a few surprises here and there...
Old 04-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There may be a bit of a power (or whatever you want to call it ) struggle going on but since they know this could be the last FM record I think they are going to pull out all the stops with a few surprises here and there...
with these people? no, never!

i don't know about the last record... i don't think Lindsey and Christine think that way necessarily. Lindsey always seems to have a plan for another and another record but not everybody else is onboard, most of the time.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I hope this isn't another "Rumours" piano tuning...
Haha... Where's the looner tuner when you need him?