User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Everybody here has at least one good point.
My self-esteem, it is soothed.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

English is my second language,i'm self taught.
My problem with the teacher at school was,that i didn't care about the rules.
All i wanted was to know how to get the point across.
As for the grammar,i never cared for it in my language,much less in English.
I've picked up words and expressions here and there,so i don't know which comes from UK or US.
My posts must be funny sometimes,including both expressions in the same sentence.
Writing in boards like this,i write as if i'd be talking to you.
I tend not to use much smilies.
I've no idea what spell check is.

I expect all these things to create situations where i'm misunderstood.

Easiest way to fix the problem is for you to say:"What are you trying to say?"

I didn't read beyond this page.Seems there are couple of persons upset over spelling errors.
In boards like this,there are all kinds of people.
That is bound to create situations where people get upset with each other.
When that happens,one should keep in mind,it's just a board.
I rather hope my posts would bring a smile to somebody than to make them angry,but if that happens,i don't care.
Don't take it so seriously.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
LOOK- It's Steve, being pushy and know-it-all once again. SNOOT is expressing an opinion and you gotta shut it down. You're like, "The Ledge Bullie" except you don't scar anyone. I like to read how silly and petty you are. Not just you, cause there are a lot of people like you on this site. I once thought it was about Fleetwood Mac, but really it's for you, "know-it-nothings" to brow beat one another. That is hilarious. Thanks for providing some silly entertainment!
LOOK- It's kennation, being stupid and mouthy-twat-ish once again. You're like, "The Ledge Moron" except you eat too much paste. I like to read how ignorant and full of crap you are. And really, it's mainly just you.

(If you wanna get personal, bring it on, 'cause I don't give a crap.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
English is my second language,i'm self taught.
My problem with the teacher at school was,that i didn't care about the rules.
All i wanted was to know how to get the point across.
As for the grammar,i never cared for it in my language,much less in English.
I've picked up words and expressions here and there,so i don't know which comes from UK or US.
My posts must be funny sometimes,including both expressions in the same sentence.
Writing in boards like this,i write as if i'd be talking to you.
I tend not to use much smilies.
I've no idea what spell check is.

I expect all these things to create situations where i'm misunderstood.

Easiest way to fix the problem is for you to say:"What are you trying to say?"

I didn't read beyond this page.Seems there are couple of persons upset over spelling errors.
In boards like this,there are all kinds of people.
That is bound to create situations where people get upset with each other.
When that happens,one should keep in mind,it's just a board.
I rather hope my posts would bring a smile to somebody than to make them angry,but if that happens,i don't care.
Don't take it so seriously.
I like this post because I can clearly understand where one thought ends and another begins. That's all I was asking for.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I like this post because I can clearly understand where one thought ends and another begins. That's all I was asking for.
me likey too... awww brings back such sweet sweet memories.

Thanks for posting, littlewolf
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks mister! Glad you are having a wonderful new year!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
LOOK- It's kennation, being stupid and mouthy-twat-ish once again. You're like, "The Ledge Moron" except you eat too much paste. I like to read how ignorant and full of crap you are. And really, it's mainly just you.

(If you wanna get personal, bring it on, 'cause I don't give a crap.)
it's true... he never really has...
Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOOK- It's Steve, being pushy and know-it-all once again. SNOOT is expressing an opinion and you gotta shut it down. You're like, "The Ledge Bullie" except you don't scar anyone. I like to read how silly and petty you are. Not just you, cause there are a lot of people like you on this site. I once thought it was about Fleetwood Mac, but really it's for you, "know-it-nothings" to brow beat one another. That is hilarious. Thanks for providing some silly entertainment!
Do you have any idea how much of an ass your making of yourself? Good grief, if you can't have a better attitude, please go away.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to get this thread back on track...even the brokers are "suffering".

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...all&sort=price

4 G 1 - 2 2 US $262.26/per

Aren't these in the 7th row, inside aisle, supposedly 5* Elite?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post

My heart bleeds for them.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post

I wish I were more deft at getting deals. Glad I'm waiting on the other NY shows to see what's available.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

The 5 star people get more than just good seats. The 5 star people get entrance before anyone else, get to pre-show party, and a number of other great things. The price is what it is. I enjoy the thought that I will not have to wait outside a venue with everyone else shivering. VERY excited that we have the chance to hang out before the venue is opened to others. Poor sales come from the high price that people aren't willing/able to pay. Price will never keep me away from enjoying one of the greatest rock bands, ever!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
The 5 star people get more than just good seats. The 5 star people get entrance before anyone else, get to pre-show party, and a number of other great things. The price is what it is. I enjoy the thought that I will not have to wait outside a venue with everyone else shivering. VERY excited that we have the chance to hang out before the venue is opened to others. Poor sales come from the high price that people aren't willing/able to pay. Price will never keep me away from enjoying one of the greatest rock bands, ever!

The 5 star packages are a rip off!!! You may get all of the above mentioned,but you don't get to meet the band. I don't mind waiting outside if it means saving a ton of money.

I am a huge Melissa Etheridge Fan and she has a similar package for select shows on her tours for around $1000 dollars and it includes hotel, 24 hour on site host preshow party and also a meet and greet with MLE and a personally signed souvineer. Hers is alo very expensive ,but at least it includes a meet and greet and hotel accomidations.

Matt
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The 5 star packages are a rip off!!! You may get all of the above mentioned,but you don't get to meet the band. I don't mind waiting outside if it means saving a ton of money.

I am a huge Melissa Etheridge Fan and she has a similar package for select shows on her tours for around $1000 dollars and it includes hotel, 24 hour on site host preshow party and also a meet and greet with MLE and a personally signed souvineer. Hers is alo very expensive ,but at least it includes a meet and greet and hotel accomidations.

Matt
At the last Robert Pollard/Boston Spaceships show in Nashville back in October, in which Bob did a funny rant about me (stating I was in it for the MILF...funny stuff), I had a little accident after the show and had to go to the hospital (required 12 stitches above my left eye).

Hospital co-pays: $235
Hotel: $116
Gas: $100
Dog Kennel: $40
Booze: $30
Ticket: $15
Juices and water: $8
Subway: $5
TOTAL $549

While I didn't get a meet and greet, I did get a "Steve, you really need to go to the hospital" from the band and associates (I wasn't necessarily cooperative). And, I went drinking with Bob and friends three days later (living in Dayton has its perks). I also learned that Baptist's grits were disappointing for Tennessee grits. Two weeks later, John Moen (Spaceships' drummer) was on Conan O'Brien with the Decembrists.

Now, on Saturday (if the show isn't sold out), I'll be meeting Chris Hillman of the Byrds/Flying Burrito Bros. It's a bluegrass show. He's playing here in Dayton at a small bar, and tickets are $20.

So, I sometimes go drinking with my favorite singer/songwriter and I'm about to meet a key member of two of my favorite bands. All for under $600. And, that's altogether. Tickets were combined only $35.

That's why I couldn't imagine paying $1000+ just to get in the venue early, get honestly not that close to the band, meet Mick Fleetwood (who I've already met), and see a band do a bunch of songs I've heard a million times.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-08-2009 at 12:43 AM..
Old 01-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who has to wait outside the venue? These aren't general admission shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

Matt
That's worth it, IMO.