Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah about that - LB's wife liked my tweet complaining about no LB solo songs on the SXM channel. so somehow i don't think that's it.
Please don't play my songs which generates a royalty. Can you imagine?
Old 05-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Please don't play my songs which generates a royalty. Can you imagine?
....................... and gives me exposure which i normally don't get. because yeah i record songs so nobody would listen to them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
....................... and gives me exposure which i normally don't get. because yeah i record songs so nobody would listen to them.
Yeah.. didn't make sense to me either, but it was a different perspective so I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe the band doesn't want to confuse the audience into thinking that Lindsey will be there for the tour so they don't want to play too much of his stuff? That might be why they are not playing his comments and thoughts that he probably recorded like they did, before this all went down.
Maybe someone out there has a Sirius XM bootleg tape of Lindsey's comments on different songs and influences that they can post on YouTube or something.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Yeah.. didn't make sense to me either, but it was a different perspective so I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe the band doesn't want to confuse the audience into thinking that Lindsey will be there for the tour so they don't want to play too much of his stuff? That might be why they are not playing his comments and thoughts that he probably recorded like they did, before this all went down.
Maybe someone out there has a Sirius XM bootleg tape of Lindsey's comments on different songs and influences that they can post on YouTube or something.

Jamie
right. that's why they give us those penguins instead of the band pic everywhere for the tour - so not to confuse people who actually know who's supposed to be in the classic era band.

the simplest solution is probably always the one - they are petty.

and they are not playing his comments because the same as that video of him describing his plans to tour with FM, recorded day after musicares, what he said on Jan 23rd would expose their lies. maybe they are splicing what he said to be in line with the bs they are selling.

oh that bootleg would be amazing! maybe KB has it? of course, people who don't wanna believe their favorites are not saints will never believe it anyway. i can't tell you how many people have blocked me or posted snide replies when i just shared that fan vid of LB talking about his plans. people don't wanna know, they wanna live in their fairytale world.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right. that's why they give us those penguins instead of the band pic everywhere for the tour - so not to confuse people who actually know who's supposed to be in the classic era band.

the simplest solution is probably always the one - they are petty.

and they are not playing his comments because the same as that video of him describing his plans to tour with FM, recorded day after musicares, what he said on Jan 23rd would expose their lies. maybe they are splicing what he said to be in line with the bs they are selling.

oh that bootleg would be amazing! maybe KB has it? of course, people who don't wanna believe their favorites are not saints will never believe it anyway. i can't tell you how many people have blocked me or posted snide replies when i just shared that fan vid of LB talking about his plans. people don't wanna know, they wanna live in their fairytale world.
I think you know that I know the truth, or at least what WASN'T mentioned in the 6 minute CBS interview- that Lindsey wanted to tour solo in between Mac dates, and THAT is likely what the biggest impasse was. Why it wasn't mentioned could've been because of interview editing, or the rest of the band didn't want to get into that because it would make them seem callous (on the surface, at least) for not allowing him to do that. Maybe it will come up in future interviews - I think and hope they will address that and explain it. They should. I do understand them not allowing it though. Lindsey would be "double-dipping" in a sense. Yeah, they all have all the money they need, but it would still be bad in a business sense.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I think you know that I know the truth, or at least what WASN'T mentioned in the 6 minute CBS interview- that Lindsey wanted to tour solo in between Mac dates, and THAT is likely what the biggest impasse was. Why it wasn't mentioned could've been because of interview editing, or the rest of the band didn't want to get into that because it would make them seem callous (on the surface, at least) for not allowing him to do that. Maybe it will come up in future interviews - I think and hope they will address that and explain it. They should. I do understand them not allowing it though. Lindsey would be "double-dipping" in a sense. Yeah, they all have all the money they need, but it would still be bad in a business sense.

Jamie
I don’t see why they would care about this though. Didn’t The Pretenders do this in between opening for Stevie? It’s not like they’re doing shows every night or even every other night. It looks like there’s generally space for Lindsey to have done solo gigs at other venues in between FM shows.

I’m just dying to hear Lindsey’s side of this. I think it’s a little petty of his family members to be liking other people’s (often nasty) posts or posting cryptic comments on social media when any of them could come out and set the record straight. I want Lindsey to explain what happened since the band members aren’t saying anything and for all we know the press could have it wrong.

Last edited by lilyfee; 05-08-2018 at 03:19 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i can't tell you how many people have blocked me or posted snide replies when i just shared that fan vid of LB talking about his plans. people don't wanna know, they wanna live in their fairytale world.
I wanna know!!!

I still haven't seen it, so if you have the link handy and don't mind posting it here, that'd be great!

And there will be no snide comments left.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I don’t see why they would care about this though. Didn’t The Pretenders do this in between opening for Stevie? It’s not like they’re doing shows every night or even every other night. It looks like there’s generally space for Lindsey to have done solo gigs at other venues in between FM shows.

I’m just dying to hear Lindsey’s side of this. I think it’s a little petty of his family members to be liking other people’s (often nasty) posts or posting cryptic comments on social media when any of them could come out and set the record straight. I want Lindsey to explain what happened since the band members aren’t saying anything and for all we know the press could have it wrong.
I don’t see his family commenting as best they can as being petty. They are defending a family member. His family, both immediate and extended has been part of the FM family for 44 years, and longer if you factor in BN and Fritz. This is raw for them and am sure they all feel slighted and betrayed in some way (I am just surmising based on how I would feel in the same situation). Maybe they aren’t speaking right now because they can’t for legal reasons, but liking a tweet or a comment is their way of appreciating the support. Maybe they aren’t commenting because it really is Lindsey’s story to tell when he’s ready. Until the band is ready to be truthful and forthcoming about the circumstances (I think most can agree the cbs interview was a disaster) and/or Lindsey comments and the band gets their rebuttal, we are all going to react and behave based upon the suppositions we now know, whether they be fact or not. Lindsey, up until earlier this year, was always meant to tour this year with the band, he and Christine said it last year during their press, and Christine said it during the cbs debacle...until all sides speak, and speak the truth, we are where we are!! Lindsey’s family is supporting him, and I respect that
Old 05-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I wanna know!!!

I still haven't seen it, so if you have the link handy and don't mind posting it here, that'd be great!

And there will be no snide comments left.
we had a whole thread starting with that video but i can't find it right now, so i'll embed the tweets we have with the video link.

Last edited by elle; 05-08-2018 at 05:44 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ ^ ^

Thank you!

I'm bummed all over again, but still, thank you.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Because the greedy bastards are hoping the general public won't realize that the musical director got fired.

Playing Crowded Petty would advertise it.
When you do a search not ONE freaking LB song has been played. If you search Stevie there have been tons. Christine has had like 4 of her songs played. This is such bullsh@t and these Mother fers have lost all respect from me.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just hearing Lindsey on XM talking about Oh Daddy. Did someone slip up or did they get the green light to play some of his recorded comments??
Old 05-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

They are playing Lindsey Mac songs. But its true. I have not heard any Lindsey solo songs which is pretty sad. I have not heard any Bob Welch solo songs either. However they keep playing so many other bands as "inspiration."
C'mon now. Load up Go Insane, Wrong, Trouble, Ebony Eyes, and Precious Love and enough of the inspiration songs!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Just hearing Lindsey on XM talking about Oh Daddy. Did someone slip up or did they get the green light to play some of his recorded comments??
i know! i was in my car and almost drove off the road.

maybe all our pushing is working? or more probable, they are just finally done scrubbing LB's parts of all the references to the upcoming tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They are playing Lindsey Mac songs. But its true. I have not heard any Lindsey solo songs which is pretty sad. I have not heard any Bob Welch solo songs either. However they keep playing so many other bands as "inspiration."
C'mon now. Load up Go Insane, Wrong, Trouble, Ebony Eyes, and Precious Love and enough of the inspiration songs!
right - maybe they'll dust off Trouble considering that's the only LB song you can hear on any radio anyway.

seriously though - give us Down on Rodeo! Wait for You! Gift of Screws! The Right Place to Fade! i'd take any version of Go Insane even. Wrong! oh yeah BuckVie On with the Show would be good.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:08 AM

Earl Grey
Friend
Show Me A Smile
Remember Me
Good morning, so far.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-09-2018 at 08:21 AM..