Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Oh, no doubt it was an insult! But it wasn't a false accusation, was it, if she didn't want to be with him for good? What did Lindsey call it - "emotionally honest"?
I'm sure Lindsey absolutely wrote that line from an honest place. He was expressing the way he saw things. And I'm sure Stevie was also being very honest when she bristled over that viewpoint, because she was expressing the way she saw things.

I think they both often said and did things to rile one another, or to spark jealousy, or to make the other think that they'd never get by without them. I don't think either was truly a saint in that relationship, and I don't think it was a healthy relationship at all, for either of them. Yet, they both needed each other emotionally.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I think they both often said and did things to rile one another, or to spark jealousy, or to make the other think that they'd never get by without them
or that theyd never forget

i follow you down 'till the sound
of my voice will haunt you
Old 05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
or that theyd never forget

i follow you down 'till the sound
of my voice will haunt you
yes, Stevie wins.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul
I've seen an interview in which Stevie says the whole sentiment of the song was 'mean' because he was telling her to go away. She went on to say "And I never shacked up with anyone while I was with him" which suggests she took it as a reference to sleeping around.
Not sure, if you're talking about this quote, but I thought I'd post it. I'm sure many of you have read it, but it is from the Rolling Stone (02/07/1980), Five Not So Easy Pieces article, probably one of my favorites that I've read. It's just so raw, like many acounts of the Tusk period.

Stevie Nicks comes over during a short break.

"That song!" She is talking about "Go Your Own Way," Buckingham's song.

"The harmony part is too high and I have to hurt and strain every time I sing it." She is upset, a little tipsy. She leans forward and whispers something to me in a voice that seems to silly to be serious.

"Now, I want you to know-that line about 'shacking up'? I never shacked up with anybody when I was with him! People will hear the song and think that! I was the one who broke up with him."

She smiles conspiratorially.

"All he wanted to do was fall asleep with that guitar."

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=534&c=18
Old 05-11-2006, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In that Stevie quote Shackin'up means having affairs inside of a relationship. That's how I've always read it. By the way, I've never been discussed more as in this thread.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
In that Stevie quote Shackin'up means having affairs inside of a relationship. That's how I've always read it. By the way, I've never been discussed more as in this thread.
You have affairs?

btw, enjoying your new place, already?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
yes, Stevie wins.
Heh. Oh, she won, all right. GYOW has been the band's high-energy encore for thirty years! I'm sure she's just thrilled to no end!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Heh. Oh, she won, all right. GYOW has been the band's high-energy encore for thirty years! I'm sure she's just thrilled to no end!
she has come to the realization that what lindsey wrote was true no matter how it hurt...cant you all tell shes accepted it for what it was worth...a real treasure...you can see it all over her face on soundstage. and fyi she was more ticked on the packing up part...thats why she can only make reference to shaking up when she does. she knew the true meaning on those words.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
true. but what I was saying is that in the end, looking at all the songs that they both wrote about each other with the most intense, real, impact...Stevie wins

at least to me
Old 05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
true. but what I was saying is that in the end, looking at all the songs that they both wrote about each other with the most intense, real, impact...Stevie wins

at least to me
i love that they wrote a 'book' about it...
so very interesting and set to stone...
im going to go with a TIE
Old 05-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, love. [/QUOTE]

You can't start it like a car, you can't stop it with a gun
Old 05-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
she has come to the realization that what lindsey wrote was true no matter how it hurt...cant you all tell shes accepted it for what it was worth...a real treasure...you can see it all over her face on soundstage. and fyi she was more ticked on the packing up part...thats why she can only make reference to shaking up when she does. she knew the true meaning on those words.

I M O!

Re-reading that it sounds like I know!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A little late to this party, but here's how I see it. 'Shackin' up' is definitely in reference to the fact that they lived together without being married. I don't know if they themselves saw it as shacking up, but I am sure there are others around them that have mentioned that to them a time or two. I think both thought they were committed to each other, and that's why that phrase hurts Stevie so much, I really don't think she thought they were doing anything wrong. And neither did Lindsey, he was just really, really pissed when he wrote that song, and he knew that would get to her.

He was so pissed that he told himself, and her, "Fine, I won't help you anymore, won't support you, won't love you, you can go your own way already!"

Adios!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that GYOW is one of my favorite songs ever. For being so angry, or aloof, or however you see it, it has so much energy (especially live) that it gets me pumped up & happy & excited.

OK, so the line? I've always heard "shackin' up" in reference to people living together & in a sexual/emotional relationship but not being married. That being said, I think Lindsey meant to imply that Stevie slept around.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
That being said, I think Lindsey meant to imply that Stevie slept around.
That's how I always interpreted it, especially with Stevie's tipsy "I never shacked up with anybody" quote in response.

However, what you've all suggested about her not wanting to marry him and only wanking to "shack up" also makes sense. Her quote would also fit in that context.

Honestly, I think the guy was f*cking angry one night (wasn't it written in some hotel room while they were touring) and the line came out. Who knows how based in fact it is, and how much it actually has to do with the fact that shacking rhymes with packing.