Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
FREAK

http://www.thebackstreetboys.com/index_main.html

Check out the snippets. This CD will be the shiz.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the latest cds i have bought is

Bloc Party- Silent Alarms (freaking brillaint)
Tilly and The Wall- Wild Like Children(amazing)
The Faint- Awesome, And such

I also really really want the new Black Eyed Peas album.

....i hate to be a bitch, but it's supposed to be...

Enid: Oh my God. He just ordered a giant glass of milk!

Josh: That's a vanilla milkshake

Praise Ghost World

thanks moony
Old 05-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
the bonus DVD that came with The Puppet Master? Seeing King in full face makeup telling the story of the Puppet Master is hella eerie but cool as f**k
It's excellent.

Oh, and King is the only one who is allowed to wear the full face makeup. Screw Kiss. The greedy crotch pheasants.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Amen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath
Oh, and King is the only one who is allowed to wear the full face makeup. Screw Kiss. The greedy crotch pheasants.
I listen to King Diamond on a near daily basis (Wore the living hell outta of the "Abigail" disc) whereas I havent listened to Piss, I meant Kiss in awhile

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New Garbage
New Lisa Marie Presley

I like em both, but as sure as hell didn't BUY them.
Promo city
Old 05-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
New Garbage
New Lisa Marie Presley

I like em both, but as sure as hell didn't BUY them.
Promo city
I told you the new Garbage was fabulous. Metal Heart especially.

The only new albums I've gotten in the past couple of weeks are "The Forgotten Arm" from Aimee Mann and "You're Speaking My Language" from Juliette and the Licks. Both are fab. I got Bowie's Live album from '75 that they reissued, too, it just sucks that it's kind of...bad.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
The only new albums I've gotten in the past couple of weeks are...
Okay, am I the only one here who doesn't buy CDs once every couple of weeks? I might do that once a month. Not only do I not have the money to buy all the CDs I want all the time, I'd go crazy with all the music if I did that. I mean, I can listen to three of the same CDs for months and get to know the music really well. If I buy more, then I'm tempted to start listening to those CDs. Then I don't really get to spend any quality time with my CDs. Seriously though.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Okay, am I the only one here who doesn't buy CDs once every couple of weeks? I might do that once a month. Not only do I not have the money to buy all the CDs I want all the time, I'd go crazy with all the music if I did that. I mean, I can listen to three of the same CDs for months and get to know the music really well. If I buy more, then I'm tempted to start listening to those CDs. Then I don't really get to spend any quality time with my CDs. Seriously though.
I go months and years without buying anything. Okay, maybe not years, but my track record has only been like, 2-3 CD's a year....which is why I haven't responded in this thread until now... I'm suprised people spend so much on music, too. I didn't hardly buy any CD's even when I had money. I'm much more of a "shopping thread" type of person... I get bored of clothes quickly, but not music...I guess I buy books instead.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, I buy all my CDs used. Most of my cds, of which there are almost 200, I got at the CD exchange. What's funny is, I've listened to them all. But, certain discs get more play than others. The Paybacks - Knock Loud and Patti Smith - Horses haven't been out of my CD player for a long minute.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't remember the last CD I bought. I'm much more of a DVD addict.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I go months and years without buying anything. Okay, maybe not years, but my track record has only been like, 2-3 CD's a year....which is why I haven't responded in this thread until now... I'm suprised people spend so much on music, too. I didn't hardly buy any CD's even when I had money. I'm much more of a "shopping thread" type of person... I get bored of clothes quickly, but not music...I guess I buy books instead.
I'm glad I'm not alone. It's not that I don't spend money, but like you, I'm out there buying clothes, books, and then distinctly Hillary things like stethoscopes and stethoscope accessories. So, I have to spread it out and not spend all of it on music. Besides, it's my parents money we're talking about, the little bit that is my own (from my job that pays nearly zilch) goes to tuition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
See, I buy all my CDs used. Most of my cds, of which there are almost 200, I got at the CD exchange. What's funny is, I've listened to them all. But, certain discs get more play than others. The Paybacks - Knock Loud and Patti Smith - Horses haven't been out of my CD player for a long minute.
I've got this thing that I think my CDs have to be new if that's at all possible. It's just one of those nit-picky things I have going. But I know it would be less costly if I got at least some of them used, especially since some of the CDs I buy can be gotten for about 2 dollars used. I have about 500 CDs (not including the ones I've made) but it took me years to collect all of them, and I have to say that they're not all new, since some were given to me by my parents or brothers.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not alone. It's not that I don't spend money, but like you, I'm out there buying clothes, books, and then distinctly Hillary things like stethoscopes and stethoscope accessories. So, I have to spread it out and not spend all of it on music. Besides, it's my parents money we're talking about, the little bit that is my own (from my job that pays nearly zilch) goes to tuition.

I've got this thing that I think my CDs have to be new if that's at all possible. It's just one of those nit-picky things I have going. But I know it would be less costly if I got at least some of them used, especially since some of the CDs I buy can be gotten for about 2 dollars used. I have about 500 CDs (not including the ones I've made) but it took me years to collect all of them, and I have to say that they're not all new, since some were given to me by my parents or brothers.
I buy most of mine used, anyway, But they are still usually, like, 7-8 dollars, so...I just don't like a bunch of music that much, I guess. Although there are things I want, but certainly not the volume of things that others do. I have, like, 20, but I've sold 20 or so, as well. And then others that people have made for me. There's also a lot of music I hear "around", but don't know what it is or who does it. That's a bit frustrating...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I buy most of mine used, anyway, But they are still usually, like, 7-8 dollars, so...I just don't like a bunch of music that much, I guess. Although there are things I want, but certainly not the volume of things that others do. I have, like, 20, but I've sold 20 or so, as well. And then others that people have made for me. There's also a lot of music I hear "around", but don't know what it is or who does it. That's a bit frustrating...
I tend to make purchases at half.com. THey usually have good prices, with the item being in like-new to brand-new condition.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I tend to make purchases at half.com. THey usually have good prices, with the item being in like-new to brand-new condition.
good plan. I haven't thought of that. It's better then the guy at amoeba telling me to "roll your big butt on outta here"

Old 05-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
good plan. I haven't thought of that. It's better then the guy at amoeba telling me to "roll your big butt on outta here"

It can't be big -- otherwise, I would have found you at Margaritaville.