User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If they were saints, they wouldn’t be rock stars.
Yeah Stevie was as promiscuous as any number of male rock stars in her time and probably guzzled as much booze as well..and as for snorting coke she'd rank near the top so I don't think she was on anyone's list for canonization.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some here think mental health issues are a joking matter. this is not ok, guys.

mods should really step up a bit. way too many personal attacks on posters here (and i haven't even had time to check much lately so there's probably much much more i haven't seen), apparently just because someone's favorite singer turned out not to be a saint.
If the ousting of one member of a dinosaur pop band turns one into a borderline personality and a online troll, frankly I do think you need help.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah Stevie was as promiscuous as any number of male rock stars in her time and probably guzzled as much booze as well..and as for snorting coke she'd rank near the top so I don't think she was on anyone's list for canonization.
Certainly not on mine. But then, I’m not on mine, but either way, I don’t give a crap.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some here think mental health issues are a joking matter. this is not ok, guys.

mods should really step up a bit. way too many personal attacks on posters here (and i haven't even had time to check much lately so there's probably much much more i haven't seen), apparently just because someone's favorite singer turned out not to be a saint.
While I do agree, I was subjected to two very personal attacks, a couple months ago, and nothing was done about it. And even after pointing it out here, didn't receive much support or acknowledgement(on the ledge, anyway). So I wouldn't expect too much...

All that said, I DO think I'd prefer "nothing" over the molly coddling of the "Ethan Ledge" days.

BUT, if all is fair in love and war, it should be stated as such, so that there is no selective enforcement.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-19-2018 at 11:06 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I mean she had a very severe drug addiction which likely impacted lots of aspects of her behavior and personality. Maybe she wouldn't have done a lot of the somewhat morally questionable things she did had it not been for that addiction.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I mean she had a very severe drug addiction which likely impacted lots of aspects of her behavior and personality. Maybe she wouldn't have done a lot of the somewhat morally questionable things she did had it not been for that addiction.
Everyone needs an excuse...

It helps, anyway!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Everyone needs an excuse...

It helps, anyway!
Old 06-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
If the ousting of one member of a dinosaur pop band turns one into a borderline personality and a online troll, frankly I do think you need help.
Ugh, I loathe it when people take the insult and turn it into the "I'm totally serious" version. The insult, while I can see how some could be offended... well, I usually don't make a federal case of it. It's just a variation of "You're crazy."

However, when it escalates to "I'm serious".... if someone really can sit there and act like they are 100% confident that they can accurately diagnose a complete stranger of a serious mental illness based on their internet posts....

Well, then they really have no clue about what goes into that kind of diagnosis, and no clue about what it really means to have a mental illness.

And that IS offensive.

Sorry.

(Mitzo, this isn't just directed at you. It's a VERY common thing to post and it just frustrates me how so many people are so very quick to say, in all seriousness, that they spot mental illness in their opponents and others.)

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-21-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Old 06-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Not me, myself, if we have some new Lindsey music in the mean I'll be pleased as punch. But I do admit to the guilty pleasure of wondering how that tour will go.
Agreed.

I have a morbid fascination with what a **** show this tour has the potential to be. Anyone thinking they won't do Landslide, Dreams, Rhiannon, and Silver Springs is fooling him/herself.

They will very likely do: Little Lies, Say You Love Me, Don't Stop, World Turning, and Everywhere.

The question is what change-ups will be included? Will they do Black Magic Woman (doubt it), Oh Well (likely), Hypnotized (doubt it), Station Man (possibly), Tell Me All the Things You Do (an intriguing possibility), or go even deeper with jewels like Child of Mine, Jumping at Shadows, Future Games, or Dust?

They will likely do a Tom Petty tune, a few solo Stevie numbers. But will they try Christine's "One in a Million"? They will also probably play a Crowded House tune--much to the embarrassment of all.

The more chances they take, the more potentially interesting the shows will be. I doubt, however, they will stray much from their existing, already-tired and tiresome setlist.

If they do GYOW I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I seriously doubt they will do any of those mega-obscure numbers. I think they'll only do two older numbers besides Oh Well maximum, despite all the talk of history, and why not Black Magic Woman? At least people would know that one.

I also seriously doubt they will do Silver Springs. They must realize it will make everyone feel Lindsey's loss on stage, and miss that interplay. Stevie has tied Lindsey to it in performance as well as in theme. No amount of mic stand ribbon-swishing will distract from that.

You can bet they will do GYOW. It was a big hit.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the recent Variety interview Neil admitted its unlikely they'll play much of the older stuff. It sounds like Man of the World is likely and I'd guess at Oh Well too. Danny's passing makes Station Man even more likely. I think that'll probably be it. He suggested they'll probably play one or two Neil Finn songs.
Basically it'll be all the big hits from Chris and Stevie + The Chain + Go Your Own Way + 3 old FM songs + 2 Neil Finn songs + Stop Draggin My Heart Around. The only other maybe might be Tusk.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agreed.

I have a morbid fascination with what a **** show this tour has the potential to be. Anyone thinking they won't do Landslide, Dreams, Rhiannon, and Silver Springs is fooling him/herself.

They will very likely do: Little Lies, Say You Love Me, Don't Stop, World Turning, and Everywhere.

The question is what change-ups will be included? Will they do Black Magic Woman (doubt it), Oh Well (likely), Hypnotized (doubt it), Station Man (possibly), Tell Me All the Things You Do (an intriguing possibility), or go even deeper with jewels like Child of Mine, Jumping at Shadows, Future Games, or Dust?

They will likely do a Tom Petty tune, a few solo Stevie numbers. But will they try Christine's "One in a Million"? They will also probably play a Crowded House tune--much to the embarrassment of all.

The more chances they take, the more potentially interesting the shows will be. I doubt, however, they will stray much from their existing, already-tired and tiresome setlist.

If they do GYOW I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
I read that Neil Finn interview and he outright said that there's probably not gonna be much pre-BN songs on the set list at the end, which is what I've been saying forever lol.
I'm absolutely positive that the tour is going to be mostly the same songs were all used to. But no way they'll do Silver Springs. Stevie doesn't even perform it on her solo tours. There's no point to do the song anymore. If they did I would truly be shocked.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Ugh, I loathe it when people take the insult and turn it into the "I'm totally serious" version. The insult, while I can see how some could be offended... well, I usually don't make a federal case of it. It's just a variation of "You're crazy."

However, when it escalates to "I'm serious".... if someone really can sit there and act like they are 100% confident that they can accurately diagnose a complete stranger of a serious mental illness based on their internet posts....

Well, then they really have no clue about what goes into that kind of diagnosis, and no clue about what it really means to have a mental illness.

And that IS offensive.

Sorry.

(Mitzo, this isn't just directed at you. It's a VERY common thing to post and it just frustrates me how so many people are so very quick to say, in all seriousness, that they spot mental illness in their opponents and others.)
I was simply driving the point home. I do not know Elle and others here as people, just as posters. And they seem pretty unhinged since Linds got sacked.

You do not know what I know or do not know about mental illness. and this is an FM forum not the APA.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If they were saints, they wouldn’t be rock stars.
Well, except for Bono.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I picture you saying this with the look on Lindsey's face in your avatar. It's funny.