User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It just irks the hell out of me that everything centers around whether Lindsey &/or Stevie want to get it together for Fleetwood Mac to exist.

Screw 'em!!!! If Mick & John want/need to do something, get people who WANT to be in Fleetwood Mac and get to work!!!

the only problem with that is we might get Dave Mason again!

Gail
Old 12-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It just irks the hell out of me that everything centers around whether Lindsey &/or Stevie want to get it together for Fleetwood Mac to exist.

Screw 'em!!!! If Mick & John want/need to do something, get people who WANT to be in Fleetwood Mac and get to work!!!
I, surprisingly, agree. As far as I know, I don't think Chili would agree with me that Lindsey and Stevie are the height of spectacle, but they aren't the last word of good music.

I hear Barney Sumner and Johnny Marr could use a gig. . . and a rhythm section.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I saw Fleetwood Mac live on the TIME Tour in Phoenix and Christine McVie WAS on that stage performing with the band.
I did not know this. I thought she played the superbowl in 1993 and that was it.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to see the band tour again, as a whole or with the SYW lineup, but not against anyone's will. Christine has made it clear, time and again, that she doesn't want to tour anymore. She can be poked and prodded till kingdom come, and eventually she may change her mind, but that doesn't mean she'll truly want to be there. I personally don't want to see a bunch of people who would rather be home up on stage, trying to get through it. That especially goes for Christine, and if Stevie truly feels the way she does about touring without Chris, it also goes for her.

I don't know if this is ever a possibility, I don't know if it could happen or even be considered, but I would love to see Mick, John and Lindsey go out together if neither of the ladies are interested in touring and see what that leads to. I won't lie, it's the Rumours lineup I prefer and am most interested in seeing, but perhaps they could even work in some past members into that lineup. I'm not sure what kind of setlist would come out of it, and it may be too similiar to a Lindsey solo show plus a few other tunes, but I'd certainly attend something like that.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Superbowl. The inauguration. I didn't think she did anything else with them on stage.

Michele
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Superbowl. The inauguration. I didn't think she did anything else with them on stage.

Michele
That's what I thought. So is that, VivFox, what you saw?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I would love to see Mick, John and Lindsey go out together if neither of the ladies are interested in touring and see what that leads to.
Well, you know, this is as likely as any of the other options. As Christine once said, "Anything is Possible."
Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Yeah well that sucks. Stevie already said she wont do it without Christine...which means the money isnt the issue.

I know Lindsey will continue to do his solo thing, unless something else bizarre happens and it morphs into Fleetwood Mac again.

I wish they would do something cooler...you know if Christine doesnt wanna tour, why dont Lindsey, Stevie, Mick and John all head over to England and practice a few weeks? Then they can film an "unplugged" set and re-tool some of the songs for an HD-DVD. There's not a whole lot of "moving forward" that this band can do. I'm a fan of Lindsey's idealism (his need for a 2 disc SYW) but...Christine says she is against touring, so why cant they work around that? Sure the money is in the touring, BUT, this particular fan would rather see recordings and live DVDs in abundance, rather than the touring.
awesome post
ita
i wouldnt mind if they toured a bit
but gimme FM in HD aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnny day
that would be lush
maybe a few new songs
and i will be in heaven
Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I saw Fleetwood Mac live on the TIME Tour in Phoenix and Christine McVie WAS on that stage performing with the band.
Fuzzy memory. Christine never played live with that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. Maybe you're thinking of the "Behind The Mask" tour? As far as I know, the only other blonde female to sing live with THAT incarnation of Fleetwood Mac was Bonnie Bramlett (Bekka's mom). For Christine, it was bad enough she was on an album with Dave Mason. She wouldn't be caught dead on stage with him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
the only problem with that is we might get Dave Mason again!
Oh, they could get Bekka Bramlett and Bob Welch, probably Billy and Rick, too. That's all I'd need.

Actually, I'm still liking my idea of just putting together a new incarnation altogether. I'd love to see an indie/power pop variant of Fleetwood Mac that would be Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Alex Chilton, Susanna Hoffs, and Jay Bennett. (A John McVie bassline on "September Gurls" would effing kick ass.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Oh, they could get Bekka Bramlett and Bob Welch, probably Billy and Rick, too. That's all I'd need.
Well, you know those guys personally better than I do. But would those guys really rejoin the band after all this time & after everything that has gone down? I mean, Billy, for example -- he's been kicked out of the group twice. Don't you think that, if he were asked to rejoin, he'd have a few choice words for Michael Fleetwood & then hang up? And Bekka? I can't imagine Bekka wanting to go back to a situation twelve years later when the whole thing fizzled the first time! I mean, Bekka's getting her steady stream of gigs elsewhere, isn't she? Rick & Billy, too. What does Fleetwood Frickin Mac have to offer them? State fairs?

Quote:
Actually, I'm still liking my idea of just putting together a new incarnation altogether. I'd love to see an indie/power pop variant of Fleetwood Mac that would be Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Alex Chilton, Susanna Hoffs, and Jay Bennett. (A John McVie bassline on "September Gurls" would effing kick ass.)
I think it would be cool if everyone currently in the band left & only the backing band remained. Taku would have to sing "You Make Loving Fun" & Brett I guess (?) would have to sing "Come." Mindy whateverhernameis could sing "Sweet Girl" or "Destiny Rules." On "Landslide," she could say: "This is for you, Daddy. No, not really -- it has nothing to do with you, Daddy. But here goes."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
"This is for you, Daddy. No, not really -- it has nothing to do with you, Daddy. But here goes."
It's funny to me how Lindsey is always telling people in the audience that Never Going Back Again is for them. I think he said it to Barbara Nicks twice this last tour. It's not exactly a dedication song. But then, I guess Lindsey doesn't really have one. That's why Stevie is always throwing his family into her Landslide dedications for him, because he couldn't really go, "This song is dedicated to my dear Aunt Agatha: Think of me sweet darling everytime you don't come . . ."

Michele
Old 12-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would be interested in an entirely new frontline for Mac, one that brought them into a new direction. But not before the Rumors lineup had one more go for a studio album. One more out of the park megaeffing hit that blows everybody's doors off...

Nothing unrealistic.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Well, you know those guys personally better than I do. But would those guys really rejoin the band after all this time & after everything that has gone down? I mean, Billy, for example -- he's been kicked out of the group twice. Don't you think that, if he were asked to rejoin, he'd have a few choice words for Michael Fleetwood & then hang up? And Bekka? I can't imagine Bekka wanting to go back to a situation twelve years later when the whole thing fizzled the first time! I mean, Bekka's getting her steady stream of gigs elsewhere, isn't she? Rick & Billy, too. What does Fleetwood Frickin Mac have to offer them? State fairs?
I don't know those guys (that's the other Steve). But Bob has made it very clear that he'd like to work with the band again. Billy and Rick did that Mick Fleetwood Band thing last year, so I think whatever hard feelings there were aren't there anymore. As for Bekka, I guess I'm assuming that because she always seems to show up at the Nashville shows with whoever's playing. I don't think they'd do huge venues with that band, but certainly larger clubs would be possible. Honestly, I just wanna see John McVie in concert a few more times. Whoever else is in the band, or venue, doesn't matter much to me. At this point, I've given up on another great album ("Tusk" was the end of the road there), so at least put on a few more shows.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't know those guys (that's the other Steve). But Bob has made it very clear that he'd like to work with the band again.
I'd pay to see that before I'd go to another Rumours rehash tour.

- Jake