Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Huh!

Playback????, October 16, 2005
Reviewer: G Lebo - See all my reviews
I have bought this DVD because I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan. It was great while I was watching it....until I heard Rhiannon. If you go to the time 33:11 while Stevie sings Rhiannon you will see what I saw: She wasn't singing !!!!!!!!!!! She was moving her mouth as her recorded voice was sounding !!!!!!!! I culdn't believes, just as I think you can't believe what I'm saying, but, after that, while Stevie was singing Gypsy (time 46:30), I saw it again: she made a mistake while she was moving her mouth !!!! Then I thought: maybe she is the only one doing that on stage. But, if you look at the second DVD, after Tusk, you will see Lyndsay moving across the stage while the audience claps after Tusk, and, suddenly, his voice (Lyndsay voice) begun to sound.....BUT HE WASN'T NEAR THE MICROPHONE !!! The he hurried to reach the microphone.......I can't believe such a big band as Fleetwood Mac have done this on stage. That's way I give this DVD only 2 stars. For thos who already have this DVD, please check those points on those DVDs.

I found this review on amazon for live in boston.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams
Playback????, October 16, 2005
Reviewer: G Lebo - See all my reviews
I have bought this DVD because I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan. It was great while I was watching it....until I heard Rhiannon. If you go to the time 33:11 while Stevie sings Rhiannon you will see what I saw: She wasn't singing !!!!!!!!!!! She was moving her mouth as her recorded voice was sounding !!!!!!!! I culdn't believes, just as I think you can't believe what I'm saying, but, after that, while Stevie was singing Gypsy (time 46:30), I saw it again: she made a mistake while she was moving her mouth !!!! Then I thought: maybe she is the only one doing that on stage. But, if you look at the second DVD, after Tusk, you will see Lyndsay moving across the stage while the audience claps after Tusk, and, suddenly, his voice (Lyndsay voice) begun to sound.....BUT HE WASN'T NEAR THE MICROPHONE !!! The he hurried to reach the microphone.......I can't believe such a big band as Fleetwood Mac have done this on stage. That's way I give this DVD only 2 stars. For thos who already have this DVD, please check those points on those DVDs.

I found this review on amazon for live in boston.
This is because whoever edited it completely sucks balls. Eyes of the World is absoutely terrible. Whoever edited this DVD should be fired. They SUCK AT THEIR JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
This is because whoever edited it completely sucks balls. Eyes of the World is absoutely terrible. Whoever edited this DVD should be fired. They SUCK AT THEIR JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and the spelling on lindsey...obscene!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I agree

yeah, sure is a bad video edition. I don't think they do lipsync. Not because I'm fan, I accept they do mistakes, and big ones, but lipsync is not Stevie or Lindsey style
Old 11-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

just to clear the air -
i'm an editor and i can tell you for sure that fleetwood mac sings their vocals live. the dvd was mastered with some sync problems -
nothing more then that.
poor quality control from warner brothers -
nobody else to blame...
Old 11-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, the editing was pretty poor. And you can hear Christine saying, "TUSK!" as plain as day.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
just to clear the air -
i'm an editor and i can tell you for sure that fleetwood mac sings their vocals live. the dvd was mastered with some sync problems -
nothing more then that.
nobody else to blame...
Yeah - I work in TV news. We do same day turnarounds (hell, we do same HOUR turnarounds) and I can assure you - unsyched tape does not go to air. This is an easily fixed problem - and it's a sin that this is how it was released. Shows no one gave a sh*t about it.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I doubt that she sang playback! (She has done multiple times, but not on this one)! I think Live In Boston contains the best moment of both shows they did in Boston and I think this scene may just have been a mistake of mixing both shows together Probably that part of the audio was from another night as the picture that was shown, so it may looked lipsynched!
And IMO, i think it would be pretty pathetic to release a lipsynched concert on DVD!
Old 11-19-2005, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
and the spelling on lindsey...obscene!
No Kidding.

Now speaking of Amazon reviews. I was looking for a song that I heard on Coast to Coast AM tonight by Rush called Red Sector A and when I looked further I found this gem. This is for a review of a Rush CD called “Power Windows”

This albumn is different even from Grace Under Pressure, which was much like Signals with the heavy syntesiezer music(nothing wrong with that in my book). A lot of the songs have a very long interlude with progressive bass work by Geddy Lee. Alex's gitarwork was much like Fleetwood Mac's gitarist in this albumn. It had a hard yet southern feel to the sound when he played. Yet I doubt Alex saw it that way. Geddy's synth has been toned down a bit. One song, Emotional Director has some of the tightest percussion work in the interlude; the signiture and epitome of Neil Peart. Awsome stuff. Big Money odviously reflects the 80's as a whole. Mystic Rythems' lyrics is, well, mystical like in older songs. This is the first albumn that I bought current(back in 85). Everything else I bought, at that time, was crafted before I knew of Rush.

Now, I am wondering what ‘gitarist” he is talking about? Has anyone ever heard of any similarities of Alex Lifeson’s work to Lindsey or any other Mac ‘gitarist”?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lipsyncing? Stevie and Lindsey? What a joke! Especially Lindsey, he couldn't lipsync properly if his life depended on it.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Now, I am wondering what ‘gitarist” he is talking about? Has anyone ever heard of any similarities of Alex Lifeson’s work to Lindsey or any other Mac ‘gitarist”?
well....I can imagine some "feel"-similarities with lindsey on small parts of lifeson's work. don't be too harsh on spelling in these reviews. Could have been a dutch guy who wrote that. "gitarist" is a perfectly spelled dutch word. At least he's not writing total rubbish as the reviewer of LIB did. How can you think it was a lipsynced performance? It's just poorly sychronised. I even don't think the editor was wrong here...........

Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
well....I can imagine some "feel"-similarities with lindsey on small parts of lifeson's work. don't be too harsh on spelling in these reviews. Could have been a dutch guy who wrote that. "gitarist" is a perfectly spelled dutch word. At least he's not writing total rubbish as the reviewer of LIB did. How can you think it was a lipsynced performance? It's just poorly sychronised. I even don't think the editor was wrong here...........

Maybe he was Dutch you never know. To be honest I rarely pay much attention to the reviews. I was just looking for some Rush music and came across the review.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
just to clear the air -
nothing more then that.
nobody else to blame...
I agree with you completely. I saw this review a few weeks ago and felt sorry for this reviewer in that they do not understand editing on any level.

LIB does have some very poor audio/video sync. In fact, so does Mirage.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For all it matters, Stevie is absolutely the worst at lip-synching. Whenever possible she obviously, to her credit, prefers to sing live...and for good reason! Very rarely do they ever have to lip synch - except for video shoots and rare European TV appearances.

For a band of such high stature, who care so much about the craft of their music, they seem to give very little attention to quality for anything outside of their albums. And those that they hire to do the production on things such as the Live In Boston DVD are just complete hacks. LIB was a big let down....a bootlegger could have done a better job.

Just look at a concert DVD from any other artist. You quickly realize how subpar and uninspired the LIB DVD is. I've come to think that the band really doesn't give **** about those things. It's very sad. Very frustrating.