The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=Jyqm]I don't want to take out all of my pent-up rage on you speicifically, but well, I'm really sick of this kind of idiocy. It seems to be the stock response of people all over the Internet (and elsewhere in life) who just can't stand to see their favorite whatever spoken negatively in any way. In politics, you hear the same thing from Bush supporters directed against those who dare to speak ill of his policies: "Well, if you don't like America, go live someplace else." Which is an incredibly moronic and un-American thing to say, and it's just as illegitimate a comment in this context.

But Fleetwood Mac is a rock band. What they do is for public enjoyment. They are not trying to save the world or music industry for that matter
Old 09-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=MACFAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
They are not trying to save the world or music industry for that matter
Well then, they're certainly doing a good job.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACFAN
But Fleetwood Mac is a rock band. What they do is for public enjoyment. They are not trying to save the world or music industry for that matter
That's not the point. The point is that I have every right to complain without being told to basically f*** off if I don't like the way the band does things. I wasn't just bitching and moaning, I was offering constructive criticism, and a criticism with which I think a large number of Mac fans agree. I realize that it's highly unlikely that Fleetwood Mac will ever change their approach to concerts, but there's certainly no harm that can be done by encouraging them to do so.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That's not the point. The point is that I have every right to complain without being told to basically f*** off if I don't like the way the band does things. I wasn't just bitching and moaning, I was offering constructive criticism, and a criticism with which I think a large number of Mac fans agree. I realize that it's highly unlikely that Fleetwood Mac will ever change their approach to concerts, but there's certainly no harm that can be done by encouraging them to do so.
Who told you to F*** off? I told you not to attend a rock concert for christ's sake. I see Petty every time he comes around. And each time you get maybe 6 or 7 songs that are new/obscure, but the rest are the same songs he has been doing for years. If I got bored or tired of the sets I wouldn't go.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who told you to F*** off? I told you not to attend a rock concert for christ's sake. I see Petty every time he comes around. And each time you get maybe 6 or 7 songs that are new/obscure, but the rest are the same songs he has been doing for years. If I got bored or tired of the sets I wouldn't go.
How is that a response to my complaint about the band's setlists, though? Whether or not I attend a Fleetwood Mac concert has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I wish to complain that the band's setlists are too static and boring. I'm not complaining that I feel I'm not getting my money's worth, I'm complaining that I think the band is woefully boring in its setlist choices.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
How is that a response to my complaint about the band's setlists, though? Whether or not I attend a Fleetwood Mac concert has absolutely no bearing on whether or not I wish to complain that the band's setlists are too static and boring. I'm not complaining that I feel I'm not getting my money's worth, I'm complaining that I think the band is woefully boring in its setlist choices.

That's my point why go if you feel the band is boring. Save yourself the agony of it all. I mean do you go because despite the boring song choices the band is still a great live act? Do you go out of curiosity?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:22 AM

the setlists are boring

Rush's setlists are boring too

2 of my favorite bands and they refuse to play to cut repetition
Old 09-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's my point why go if you feel the band is boring. Save yourself the agony of it all. I mean do you go because despite the boring song choices the band is still a great live act? Do you go out of curiosity?
I don't think I mentioned attending a Fleetwood Mac concert at all in my previous posts in this thread. Am I explaining this poorly? Again, whether or not I go to a Fleetwood Mac concert is irrelevant; my complaint that the setlists are boring still stands. They're boring whether I go or not.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:29 PM

rhinonnon rings like a ..............................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

u can go your own way..............

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

don't stop thinkin about .............

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 09-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the recording of crickets just prior to their playing "The Chain" is really appropos. And, they pretty much could play them throughout their entire set.

Thunder only happens...{sound of crickets}
Old 09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Their set lists bore the crap out of me. However, I'm a total whore for John McVie's bass playing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2005, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I'm a total whore.
we know
Old 09-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
we know
Please. People pay me to keep my clothes ON!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because I haven't missed a Fleetwood Mac tour since 1974 (which is something I can't say about Eric Clapton...and considering how I feel about Clapton's guitar playing, that is saying A LOT!!!)...I'll still go once every tour (instead of going 3 to 8 times per tour as I did in the 70's & 80's)...and because of the way they've decided to build their concert sets, I'll bitch about it til I die. Simple as that. I just keep hanging on to the hope that each time I see them, they'll do something to make me STOP bitching...but they don't.