User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
This is just an update. Pip got back to me this morning. She said that the last few times she has e-mailed the administrator of the site, Gavin, she received no response back from him. So she is going to try to find a contact e-mail for Sanctuary Records to let them know what happened. It looks like they have lost all interest in that website. That pretty much explains why that Q & A died too.
This does seem to be the case. I've tried to email Gavin from the website and I just get it sent back with a faliure notice. So far no response from the email I sent to Sanctuary.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
This does seem to be the case. I've tried to email Gavin from the website and I just get it sent back with a faliure notice. So far no response from the email I sent to Sanctuary.
It's OK, Pip. I know you're doing your best. It wouldn't surprise me if Gavin was no longer even working for Sanctuary.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
It's OK, Pip. I know you're doing your best. It wouldn't surprise me if Gavin was no longer even working for Sanctuary.
I had a disappointing hunch that Web site would come & go with the album itself.

Remember, people, these are musicians who have essentially no interest in Internet presence or activity. Mick probably keeps his site running peripherally only as a future outlet for any additional business ventures he engages in. In Christine's case, she had absolutely no reason from her perspective to keep a Web presence beyond the immediate release of that CD.

But, people, get with the program. We don't NEED them to have them on the Web, if you get what I'm saying. We keep Christine alive by talking about her. She doesn't do that. She doesn't even help. In fact, she doesn't even hear about it. BUT WE KEEP THE CHRIS LEGEND ALIVE IN THE HEARTS OF THOUSANDS!! if you could but see it ...

Sure, it might have been nice to see her answers to the questions. But on the other hand, it might have been REALLY boring & pointless (Stevie's ongoing Q&A, anyone?).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I had a disappointing hunch that Web site would come & go with the album itself.

Remember, people, these are musicians who have essentially no interest in Internet presence or activity. Mick probably keeps his site running peripherally only as a future outlet for any additional business ventures he engages in. In Christine's case, she had absolutely no reason from her perspective to keep a Web presence beyond the immediate release of that CD.

But, people, get with the program. We don't NEED them to have them on the Web, if you get what I'm saying. We keep Christine alive by talking about her. She doesn't do that. She doesn't even help. In fact, she doesn't even hear about it. BUT WE KEEP THE CHRIS LEGEND ALIVE IN THE HEARTS OF THOUSANDS!! if you could but see it ...

Sure, it might have been nice to see her answers to the questions. But on the other hand, it might have been REALLY boring & pointless (Stevie's ongoing Q&A, anyone?).
I doubt that a Christine McVie Q & A would have been boring. Remember that online chat that she did back around when Time was released? But, you are absolutely right about us keeping the Chris legend alive by talking about her. I'm amazed that there are over 10,000 posts in this forum in 2 years. When I first came to the Ledge, you hardly heard anything about her in the general forums. Then Marty started this forum & the Chris fans slowly started coming out of the woodwork.

As for her website...I didn't think it would still be around 2 years after ITM was released. I think Sanctuary & Chris(I assume that she's still paying for it) have probably forgotten about it. Official websites are NEVER as good as fan sites, so it shouldn't really be a surprise what happened with her site.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's website

I haven't been able to access Christine's website for the last day or two. It looks like either they took it down or it's being moved. Unfortunately, I think it's probably gone.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I haven't been able to access Christine's website for the last day or two. It looks like either they took it down or it's being moved. Unfortunately, I think it's probably gone.
I can open up the home page but none of the other pages are working.

Looks like it's gone or maybe Martin Wyatt is setting up a new one (this is where I usually wake up)

Gail
Old 03-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, I just noticed it, too(before checking here). I'll bet that it's done.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I can open up the home page but none of the other pages are working.

Looks like it's gone or maybe Martin Wyatt is setting up a new one (this is where I usually wake up)
Gail, how are you getting the home page? I can't even get that.

Not that it matters, it's probably gone anyway. That website was up for nearly 3 years. I don't know how these things work, but I assume that Chris still owns the domain name, ChristineMcVie.com.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gail, how are you getting the home page? I can't even get that.

Not that it matters, it's probably gone anyway. That website was up for nearly 3 years. I don't know how these things work, but I assume that Chris still owns the domain name, ChristineMcVie.com.
Erm I just type in www.christinemcvie.com and up it pops.

But as you say not that it matters none of the other pages are working.

Gail

Edited 13:30. the domain name is registered until July 2007. I daresay they'll re-register it just to stop someone else using it. I don't think we'll see another website. I don't think Christine is into any interaction with her fans. Sigh!

Last edited by Gailh; 03-02-2007 at 08:31 AM..
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I can't into the Home page!

Bum!

Gail
Old 03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think we'll see another website. I don't think Christine is into any interaction with her fans. Sigh!
Unfortunately, I think you're right. All those ITM outtakes & demos on her nephew's computer are gone forever. She is retired. And, in all reality if she never records again, there probably isn't a need, for her part for a website.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think you're right. All those ITM outtakes & demos on her nephew's computer are gone forever. She is retired. And, in all reality if she never records again, there probably isn't a need, for her part for a website.
Retired!!?? Nah, we've heard it all before, I doubt she is gone forever. Hopefully they are just moving the site somewhere else or it's under construction. I think they own the domain christinemcvie.com, it would be really silly on her managers side or record label to let it go for anyone to pick up. How would they use that domain for future events. I'm sure it's there somewhere, they must be doing something. Christine will be back, she'll be writing lyrics on her dying bed!

Oh and what's that about her nephew's computer gone forever??????

"I do like my wine" - Christine McVie
Check out Myspace
Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicstorm View Post
Oh and what's that about her nephew's computer gone forever??????
Oh no, I didn't mean his computer is gone. I had hoped that if she ever did anything with her website, maybe she'd offer some of those unreleased tracks for download via her site. I would assume that Dan Perfect still has his computer, or at least he still has those tracks saved.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicstorm View Post
Retired!!?? Nah, we've heard it all before, I doubt she is gone forever. Hopefully they are just moving the site somewhere else or it's under construction. I think they own the domain christinemcvie.com, it would be really silly on her managers side or record label to let it go for anyone to pick up. How would they use that domain for future events. I'm sure it's there somewhere, they must be doing something. Christine will be back, she'll be writing lyrics on her dying bed!
I'm sure they'll keep the registration of the domain name.

I equally sure that Sanctuary don't give a toss anymore.

Christine is probably still writing but I very much doubt if she'll ever record again.

Let's face it - she's retired

Gail
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Let's face it - she's retired

Gail
Yep, I'm pretty sure that this is our truth(although of course I hope I'm wrong). While I certainly appreciate Ian's hope, we need to accept the truth.

Thanks Christine, for all the wonderful music you've brought into my life. Quite literally, the soundtrack to my life. You are/were/will always be - the heart of Fleetwood Mac. To me, there IS no Fleetwood Mac, without you.