User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
yeah...they worked on the song while recording Say You Will. Stevie is singing backup vocals, so not really a duet. Sorry I used the wrong word.
that's the version in circulation? hnmmmm. the version i have sounds like lindsey manipulated his voice to sound like stevie's...

bu i also htought mine was the only version in circulation

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
that's the version in circulation? hnmmmm. the version i have sounds like lindsey manipulated his voice to sound like stevie's...

bu i also htought mine was the only version in circulation
Ditto. If there's a version floating round with Stevie on it then I'd love to hear it, although I doubt I'll like it as much since I like most of the GOS version without Stevie's harmonies. The version from the original GOS set was just Lindsey singing with himself but that was before SYW so they could have worked on a version...
Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Ditto. If there's a version floating round with Stevie on it then I'd love to hear it, although I doubt I'll like it as much since I like most of the GOS version without Stevie's harmonies. The version from the original GOS set was just Lindsey singing with himself but that was before SYW so they could have worked on a version...
right. and if THAT'S in circulation, is the version of "I am Waiting" with her on it around? I'd LOVE to hear that (and I know that was recorded cuz it's in Destiny Rules)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Best news I have heard in a long time... all around.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
right. and if THAT'S in circulation, is the version of "I am Waiting" with her on it around? I'd LOVE to hear that (and I know that was recorded cuz it's in Destiny Rules)
i have the demo of "She Smiled Sweetly" w/Stevie, but i can't upload it, well because i don't know exactly how to do it.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
i have the demo of "She Smiled Sweetly" w/Stevie, but i can't upload it, well because i don't know exactly how to do it.
Cool. It'd be great if you could find a way to share it. Have you tried Mediafire? It's a pretty good uploading site. You just upload the file and post the link that it gives you.

Just out of curiosity, do you know where it was sourced from?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting title for the new cd. I do hope its as good as OOTC, that'll always be my favorite solo cd of his. Wonderful heartfelt LP. I never have seen him solo but I have with Mac so I'm sure he's great!! Nice to hear he left WB, I hope he does find a label that'll get behind him more. Or he does a great job himself. I hope its a great success for Lindsey!! Can't wait. Now we just need that box set. I can wish can't I??
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 04-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope he's serious about just releasing the thing if he can't find a label to do it. It'd be really ridiculous for him not to at this point. I'm still scratching my head as to why major label distribution has been a priority to him for as long as it has. He has his audience who will buy his albums and anyone else he reels in in the process is just gravy, either way.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I really hope he's serious about just releasing the thing if he can't find a label to do it. It'd be really ridiculous for him not to at this point. I'm still scratching my head as to why major label distribution has been a priority to him for as long as it has. He has his audience who will buy his albums and anyone else he reels in in the process is just gravy, either way.
My goodness. If he just shelves this album that we know is complete because he couldn't get a record label . . . grrrr. Perish the thought. Cut the cord LB.

Michele
Old 04-19-2011, 03:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

What's strange is a lot of artists seek the whole record contract still because of the advance given to cover recording expenses, production, mixing...etc. But LB is done with all that, he does it himself. Just release it on your site and it's all profit. I realize he might wanna get some distribution out there, but you get my point.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
What's strange is a lot of artists seek the whole record contract still because of the advance given to cover recording expenses, production, mixing...etc. But LB is done with all that, he does it himself. Just release it on your site and it's all profit. I realize he might wanna get some distribution out there, but you get my point.
What distribution is there outside of iTunes and Amazon? He could DIY. Would be an interesting experiment also re: inventive distribution of the next Mac album.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I tried to mix one myself with the clips from DR and the CD version. Unfortunately... the version on the DR doco and Lindsey's CD are in different keys.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
The issue with only releasing it to sell on his site is that not everyone has the internet. I didn't have a computer until about 2 years ago. I would have been extremely sad to have had an album released online and not be able to get it.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
The issue with only releasing it to sell on his site is that not everyone has the internet. I didn't have a computer until about 2 years ago. I would have been extremely sad to have had an album released online and not be able to get it.
It doesn't need to only be a digital copy. A lot of indie bands I like are able to press their own copies and actually come up with some neat album packages (merch combos and whatnot) because they're doing it themselves and will get the profit from the album sales. I think Lindsey would be able to find a way to get hard copies pressed to sell through his site and even distribute to record stores without having major label backing.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I'm really trying to be happy for Lindsey... but it kinda makes me sad that he is homeless and wondering what to do with himself. Same with FM. Fleetwood Mac and Warner Brothers is like the Beatles and EMI or Led Zeppelin and Atlantic. They are just so inextricably linked that it pains me to hear that FM, if they ever record another album, may have to go indie or to some B-list label like Nonesuch or Rhino. I mean, think of one artist/band that thrived after going from a major to an indie.

My gut tells me that Lindsey pretty much has no choice but to release it himself. No other majors will touch him, and any interested indie would not be able to afford him.
With Lindsey's sales track record, I don't think there's any issue with who can or cannot "afford" him....at this stage of the game, he would probably have to pay a label to sign him!