Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Grove Grove

Here's a few more pictures of our little meet and greet with Lindsey and Wally.

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's the type of stuff that warms my heart most. I still remember when you got Bass Hall early and posted those screen caps of the kids for us, from the documentary. SO adorable.

Yes, born in April, I guess Stella is 4.5 now. It would have been a gorgeous picture of her with Lindsey, because he bent down to her level to talk to her and so they would have been face to face.

She looks much like she did in the Joyce Ostin book. Her hair is shorter than Lee Lee's and it fluffs on the ends. I saw her pushing it up and out of her face quite often. She already has those feminine gestures down pat. What amazed me is that she didn't really need that much coaxing from Brett to walk out on stage alone and get her dad's attention. I remember being the flower girl in my uncle's wedding when I was 5 and how nervous I was with all those eyes on me. Even though I rehearsed and rehearsed it was still rather intimidating. I didn't get that sense of fear from Stella.

I know you're going to have a ball in Cleveland and I can't wait to hear about it. Michele
Thanks Michele again for all the details and it was a pleasure to share those pics with you all as well. I love reading your posts because you put words together so eloquently.

Carol-Lynn: AWESOME pics!!! Great for you.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Carol! You got Wally!!!

I didn't know that the band was also accessbile for photos. Are they more willing than LB to be interrupted? Just curious.

Last edited by Betsy; 09-28-2008 at 12:01 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking The Grove Groove

"Carol! You got Wally!!!

I didn't know that the band was also accessbile for photos. Are they more willing than LB to be interrupted? Just curious."

Betsey,

I don't really know if they are or aren't. After Friday's gig, they had a meet and greet in the back of the venue for VIPs. They had the area fenced off but we were able to stand on the other side of the fence by the min-van/bus that was there to transport Kristen and the kids back home after the concert. Lindsey came out first, then Brett and eventually Wally.

After a bit of glad-handing with the Veeps, Lindsey came over to our area of the parking lot (angel in tow) and got on the bus/van and said good-bye to family/friends. Meantime, Brett came out of the back of the venue and was warmly received by the mini-crowd of VIPS waiting for Lindsey's return. After Lindsey exited the bus, a few of us called out to him and he came over to us without a minutes hesitation. He was very chatty, very friendly, and very good looking. He has the bluest eyes. Like Stevie said, "They reminded me of Blue Denim." That's how we got Lindsey. He didn't leave until everyone had a picture or an autograph or both. A class act.

Brett went back inside the Grove just before Lindsey re-entered so we didn't get any face time with him unfortunately (He's my favorite band member.) Once they went inside, most of the fans left too but five us from the Ledge stayed behind and our patience paid off because the next thing I knew Wally came out. There weren't too many VIPs left at this time either so I threw caution to the wind and yelled for him to "get over here" and he did. He also signed autographs and chatted briefly with us. He is absolutely, positively adorable. Very sweet guy.

Hope you get as lucky when they hit Colorado this week.

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
This guardian angel dude, seems to be close-at-hand after the gigs...and I have only seen him snarl. Maybe that's his job, to imitate Dick Cheney.
wow Besty, you're certainly quick to critique another. That is Jimmy, Lindsey's long time friend, right-hand assistant, and is actually very very sweet.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some people would take that as a joke...other would say that I am quick to criticize.

Last edited by Betsy; 09-28-2008 at 12:01 AM..
Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
God only made so many of them and none in my area.
au contraire, they come from colorado.

mostimes, peeps don't have perma-smile on their face...if they do, run for the hills.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The Grove

We're getting off track here folks.

The thread is about the concert at the Grove of Anaheim. Let's not spoil the "after-glow" for those of us who were there. It's very distressing to have threads high-jacked in this manner. It takes the spot-light off the concert and the fans who attended the event. And, to what end?

Let's refocus, regroup, and relax!

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default First-Time, Long Time

Checked this forum in the past... just registered this week. Some good discussions going on now and again.

As for Anaheim... I was able to go to soundcheck for this show and the meet-n-greet that immediately followed. Lindsey posed for pictures with all 10 people who were in the lounge. Warner Bros.' rep made it clear that there were to be no autographs as they were pressed for time. No problem as the soundcheck was divine. Oh, at soundcheck they ran through a bunch of songs and worked through "It Was You" portion with Lindsey saying "Let's run through the kids' song so we get it right for them". Lindsey and the band had fun with us there... between songs they would talk with us. Great time!

I took pics of the show (thank you Warner Bros. & Lindsey ! )

Anyways, after the show, Lindsey came out and signed. I made faux album-sized prints of the last few albums. Came out nice! He signed all of those and even hit my "We Are The World" promo LP (I have autographs on there from Lionel Richie, Willie Nelson, Jackie Jackson, Smokey Robinson, Huey Lewis, Sheila E, James Ingram, Quincy Jones and Kenny Loggins)--- He also signed a vintage Fleetwood Mac print I had done. Great show, great guy! I also scored a set of guitar picks, promo poster and some merch.

A great show. Every time I have seen Lindsey he has not disappointed! By the way, I was there with you Ledgies when Lindsey came out to sign. In fact, he hit all of my stuff first.

Enjoy the pics but please do NOT post these pics on another site... thanks!

--- GRUNO ---

www.StudioGruno.com
Old 09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Swag

Here are some of the items I got signed.

To note, I was shocked to see my friend who is on tour with Lindsey as the merchandise chief. I toured with him a couple of years ago when we were with Tears For Fears. Hadn't seen him since that time. Anyways, he verified that every cd there is personally signed by Lindsey. The reason they weren't at the first few shows was that the tour had just started and the cd's hadn't arrived yet. When they did arrive, Lindsey signed them.

Also, at the meet-n-greet I asked the rep from Warner Bros. about the validity of the "Gift Of Screws" vinyl LP. He said he didn't know about that. Tomorrow when I email all of my pics to management, I will try to remember to ask of about that. And Jimmy, I thought, was tour manager. He was cordial and extremely nice.

Below are some of my collection from Friday night.

--- GRUNO ---

www.StudioGruno.com
Old 09-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

www.StudioGruno.com
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really nice pictures, Gruno.
And Carol Lynn.
Ah, they have a mug! Goodie. #700 for my collection (a slight exaggeration but it's a good thing I love coffee).
Old 09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
Here are some of the items I got signed.
You have got yourself an incredible collection there. Beautiful! Michele
Old 09-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Gruno?

Gruno said:

By the way, I was there with you Ledgies when Lindsey came out to sign. In fact, he hit all of my stuff first."

Meaning what? In the final analysis Gruno, it doesn't matter whose stuff he signed first now does it. The comment was uncalled for, that is, unless you're using the board to drum up business for yourself. Then it makes sense to devalue our experience. Let's hope that wasn't your intent

Carol-Lynn
Old 09-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

I think you have misinterpreted my meaning. When I described that, I was doing so to bring recollection back to those who were there in case you were wondering who I was. ie: "Oh yeah, now I remember who you are"---I was not doing it to be pompous and call attention to "I was first".

I must then ask, what "business" would I be drumming up?

--- GRUNO ---
www.StudioGruno.com