User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I saw all the shows in CA that year. Luckily it was a short tour.
They had all the gang: Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Jimmy Buffett, J.D. Souther. In fact, the joke was that Stevie was sharing the stage with four ex-lovers & one future lover: Mick, Lindsey, J.D., Don & Joe.
Just a great, great show. Very energetic & profound. We had no idea Robin had died until we got to the venue. On your way up, they had people there passing out little blue brochures with City of Hope information on them & Robin's picture, name & dates. On the back a picture of the band, their signatures & other details & thanks. It was a full-capacity crowd even though the show had been on sale only about two weeks (it was announced after the tour had already started & the original Los Angeles dates had been set for Oct. 4 & 5). There are pictures around the Web of Stevie & Don singing "Leather & Lace" from that night. You may have seen the pics.
Wow. What an experience! That's really sad about Robin around that time. I just finished watching the rest of Mirage and you could definitely see some pain in Stevie's eyes. She tried to hide it and smiled a lot but at certain moments, she was transparent. Do you still have the City of Hope brochure?

My gawd. Essentially all of the Eagles there. Stevie's ex lovers and one future lover. The woman needs to write a book.. No, I haven't seen the photo of Don and Stevie singing L&L. Any idea where I can find it? Thanks for sharing that. You were so lucky to have been at those shows in their heyday. What an amazing ride.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I think I remember Steve D. or David saying it was actually Dave Mason! Isn't that weird?!?
How cool is that! David, I hope you took lots of pictures. Did you?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He & Jim opened on acoustic guitar for the Los Angeles shows.
Jim, for the unanointed, is Jim Krueger. He's the guy who actually wrote "We Just Disagree" and was Dave's right-hand man for many years. Sadly, Jim died in 1993, which is partially why Dave decided to join the Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First question: Was Lindsey on something? I'm sure Stevie was , but was he?
Well, I got my Mirage video out and rewatched it. I think Lindsey is just acting like Lindsey always does. He is always hyper and moving around all the time. I don't see any difference from let's say Say You Will, for example. Same quirky Lindsey to me.

Quote:
During Chain, did he have a hard on? I swear, he looks like he has a raging hard on.
I did notice this, but he has that same bulge throughout the video. I don't think he has a "hard on" the entire show, so I guess we should assume that he is "going commando," and let's say he is well gifted in that area, maybe.

Quote:
Second: During Gypsy, Stevie leans down to pick up something right after she sings "paper flowers". I couldn't tell what it was. A paper flower?
I looks like a yellow rose to me, but it could be a yellow paper flower.

Quote:
Now, I know Chris' boyfriend (Dennis Wilson - it was Dennis, right?) and Lindsey's girlfriend hooked up. Was that in 82? I was thinking Chris and Lindsey were consoling each other by also hooking up? I never thought they had fooled around, but watching this DVD on this track and the one after it (NTF), it looks like they were eyeing each other a lot. I wouldn't doubt it because they all seemed incestuous, but did Chris and Lindsey ever have a thing, even briefly?
I don't think they did, because they don't seem like they would be relationship compatible. But then I think back to that quote that John said during "Destiny Rules" when he says that everyone in the band had slept with each other except for him and Lindsey. He said that tongue and cheek, but you could use that as an arguement to say it is possible.

These were all interesting observations, though! Thanks for making me get out my Mirage video and watch it again.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 06-15-2005 at 09:29 AM..
Old 06-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I find it odd that I cannot see Stevie on the stage when LB is singing the velvet line of Sisters. Is she gone from the stage entirely?? That is what I mean by MIA...I think she is backstage DURING her song. Maybe she is behind Christine or something?

I also don't see anything going on between Chris and LB and two band members looking at each other during a concert seems pretty normal to me. However, the band is pretty incestuous so it is possible.

I like how LB kisses Stevie at the very end of the show. (during the bow/waving) The photos that are around from those shows...at least I THINK they are from that time....really show how sad Stevie looked. Lindsey has his arm around her and she is looking down and she looks so sad. Nancy has a few on her site. LB has the hat and Stevie has the blue dress....let me go get one. Are these pictures from those concerts or am I wrong about that? Stevie looks so lost.
http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/
sorry but I cant link to the photo for some reason. They are under BN..then photos..page nine...seventh row down....if anyone cares. I just think Stevie looks so forlorn in the first one of row seven...when Lb is holding her hand.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey

Last edited by Kelly; 06-15-2005 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw all the shows in CA that year. Luckily it was a short tour.
They had all the gang: Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Jimmy Buffett, J.D. Souther. In fact, the joke was that Stevie was sharing the stage with four ex-lovers & one future lover: Mick, Lindsey, J.D., Don & Joe.
Just a great, great show. Very energetic & profound. We had no idea Robin had died until we got to the venue. On your way up, they had people there passing out little blue brochures with City of Hope information on them & Robin's picture, name & dates. On the back a picture of the band, their signatures & other details & thanks. It was a full-capacity crowd even though the show had been on sale only about two weeks (it was announced after the tour had already started & the original Los Angeles dates had been set for Oct. 4 & 5). There are pictures around the Web of Stevie & Don singing "Leather & Lace" from that night. You may have seen the pics.

David - does a boot of the Irvine show exist?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
David - does a boot of the Irvine show exist?

I don't have it, but it is out there. Here's the set list. It's not the full show.

Second Hand News, The Chain, Don't Stop, Dreams, Oh Well, Rhiannon, Brown Eyes, Eyes of the World, Gypsy, Love in Store, Not That Funny, Never Going Back Again, Landslide (very emotional), Leather and Lace (with Don), Tusk, Sara
Old 06-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

I would kill to see more Tusk and Mirage era concerts in good quality.
I'd be your partner in crime. Especially after missing them play in june 1980 in Rotterdam, Netherlands because my parents did not let me go alone by train into that big bad city of Rotterdam. I was 14. And the last time SN&LB were in my country with the Mac...

USA-Germany-London 2003 were a great "goodmaker" but it could NEVER conquer with the real thing in the Tusk or Miragetour.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I find it odd that I cannot see Stevie on the stage when LB is singing the velvet line of Sisters. Is she gone from the stage entirely?? That is what I mean by MIA...I think she is backstage DURING her song. Maybe she is behind Christine or something?

I also don't see anything going on between Chris and LB and two band members looking at each other during a concert seems pretty normal to me. However, the band is pretty incestuous so it is possible.

I like how LB kisses Stevie at the very end of the show. (during the bow/waving) The photos that are around from those shows...at least I THINK they are from that time....really show how sad Stevie looked. Lindsey has his arm around her and she is looking down and she looks so sad. Nancy has a few on her site. LB has the hat and Stevie has the blue dress....let me go get one. Are these pictures from those concerts or am I wrong about that? Stevie looks so lost.
http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/
sorry but I cant link to the photo for some reason. They are under BN..then photos..page nine...seventh row down....if anyone cares. I just think Stevie looks so forlorn in the first one of row seven...when Lb is holding her hand.
There were times Stevie did seem so sad or lost during this show. She is such a pro and kept smiling and trying to hide it, but it was apparent at the times she didn't appear to have her guard up. At least, it seemed like that to me. She also appeared to be really coked up and/or stoned. Her eyes were glazed over and while she looked beautiful, she also looked spent (if that makes any sense). She was trying so damned hard to please the audience, though. Lindsey seemed pretty pissed off at times, but she just kept smiling at him. I loved that he held her hand and kissed her at the end of the show. I think she needed that.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I also think it's a reductive mistake to attribute the energy of the 1982 performance to drugs. I think I've made this argument before. You don't perform better on drugs: you might perform freer or looser (or even the opposite, you might clam up) but not better. The band jamming on "Not That Funny" or "The Chain" in the 1982 show is not "drugs." It's energy, commitment, musicianship & confidence.
Exactly. Of course many argue that Stevie has little confidence without drugs and/or alcohol but I disagree. Lindsey seems to have all the confidence in the world onstage, although that doesn't seem to carry over to "real life" from the interviews I've read.

Someone asked earlier about Lindsey and coke - Lindsey is vague about coke use, usually referring to just "drugs" in general and how everybody was doing it. Carol Ann has stated he used coke but he claimed he wasn't into it and that it never was a problem for him. I suspect he used it minimally but not hard-core.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
. . . I suspect he used it minimally but not hard-core.
I think they were all wasted on drugs and booze from 1975 to around TITN, and some thereafter. I mean in the outtakes from the recording of Tusk, LB is drinking Brandy from the bottle, CM admitted to being so wasted she thought she might die (or something like that) , JM is a raging alcoholic, and SN and MF's repeated problems are all well documented. I am just glad they all made it out alive.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r

On edit: If you buy this, don't forget to turn on the subtitles. They're hilarious and all screwed up. For instance, after LIS, Lindsey screams "Christine McVie" and the subtitle says "This is the key!" Couldn't even get the band members' names right. It's a riot.
My favorite is Rhiannon:

"all the same, all the same, all the same... we addled!" LOL!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Wow, coolness. This thread is like an over-abundance of information on just about everything FM-related. I so want to see the Mirage concert. I would get it off ebay but I'm so ticked because I actually ordered some Lindsey-related DVD thingie on ebay (it was something with all his music vids and concert stuff, etc. stuff I have never seen) and the guy totally ripped me off and never sent it. So I'm like, you know, wary about buying anything at the mo'.

Speaking of...I don't actually have the time in my life to sit down and watch MTV and see any Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey/Stevie/etc. music videos...I know my dear friend Hilary emailed me some cool stuff and I love her dearly for it, but I would really like to have something (like a DVD) with their music videos. Is there anything available at all out there?

I'm kind of scared of buying DVDs off of ebay now, but I suppose if that is the only way...so be it.

Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
RIGHT?! It makes me wonder if there isn't some back story to this, like it almost ended up on a Mac album so she convinced them to do it. But it got added to the set after Lindsey left...

...or maybe this is why he left! Found out she was pushing to add a solo song to the Tango set! And it was more than he could stand! Hmmmmm!

...Anyway maybe they were trying to flesh out the set list after Lindsey left and she wanted an up-tempo number. Fine, but once he came back what's the point? Put in Angel or Straight Back...God forbid she do a FM tune!
They actually added HAEWAFY to the setlist back then, too. Thank goodness that's gone!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Ahh...but, wait...is it Mick's percussionist who is barely audible or is MICK barely audible? Could it be the guy playing the drumkit BEHIND Mick in the shadows who is REALLY playing and Mick is just playing along inaudibly (to the audience)?

(an old topic ressurrected) The drums & percussion parts on SYW are very UN-Mick-like...they're WAY overly simplistic...where's the inventive pseudo-Third World rhythms? Way more than a majority of the album is in basic 4/4 time. There's no odd syncopation that Mick used to throw into the mix...so it seems that it could be ANYBODY playing those parts...where's the "Mick Fleetwood" sound? It is painfully conspicuous in its absence on SYW.
I wondered about this too. OK, so have Taku for special stuff, but what's Steve doing back there? Why's he hidden? So we can't see he's playing everything and Mick's just tapping along?