The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of the Mirage concert... this hasn't ever been officially released on DVD, has it? I've seen it on Amazon but it looks like some sort of bootleg... does anyone have this? Is it OK quality? I have this concert on VHS but my VCR is packed away deep in my closet so I'd love to have this on DVD... I keep waiting for some sort of official release but I think I may be waiting forever.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All the Stand Back hate - Wise Up people - that song has now been on I think two FM records and two videos. So, it ain't going nowhere anytime soon

And - HELLO - didn't Le Buck get his Go Insane moment - off key and all

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Word. I CAN'T STAND all the freakin' back up musicians. I CAN'T STAND Stevie's back up singers. Frankly I CAN'T STAND that Stand Back has become a regular in FM shows, or at least that it's the only solo song in the FM show (aside from GI on The Dance). I mean if they want to do a little "solo interlude" where they all do some solo songs, I suppose I could live with that. But if I go to a Mac show, I want to see FM do FM songs.
I am with you 150%. I don't like all the backup musicians and I'm not all that crazy about the voices of Sharon and Jana nearly drowning Stevie out at times. That's what's cool about these old shows. You're like "so, that's what Fleetwood Mac sounds like.." Thank gawd some of those were taped! I like Stand Back, but I'd much rather hear her do Storms or SOTM with FM. Those are FM songs and I really think the audience would go for it. They should take a risk once in a while.

Quote:
As for the Mirage show, I wouldn't spend too much time reading into the "looks" they're giving each other. The editing is notoriously bad and there's really no way to tell who anyone is actually looking at.
Word. I was curious.

Quote:
As for the drugs, who knows, who cares. I mean really...sure they were doing drugs; they were also younger, the S&L relationship was getting worse and more estranged at this point (from what I've read), Stevie was also dealing with Robin Anderson's death around this time, and God knows what else was going on with the other members. I frankly wonder if Lindsey was even doing coke much, if at all, at this point. In two years he would be releasing "I Must Go," which laments Carol Ann's over-dependence on coke.
Word. Morbidly curious. Actually, I thought I read somewhere that Lindsey didn't do coke much, if at all, but he seemed especially hyper for Mirage. And, yeah, I care because I might be obsessed, but I like to watch the footage of these old shows and try to figure where they're coming from.

Quote:
And no canned speeches? Every Mirage boot I've heard has Lindsey's "It's been two years since we've been on the road...and a lot of people were wondering what happened to us...had we broken up...whatever. But this just goes to show that we refuse to go away (still doing it)!" Although the "We're masochists!" line from Oakland is a refreshing add!
The very, very few rote things you hear on Mirage are hardly comparable to the entire SYW tour. Mirage had spontaneity to spare. LIB did not. The Dance did to an extent, but not at all like Mirage. So, they had one or two canned speeches.. I can live with that. It's when the whole show down to the way S&L slow dance with each other, the looks, the pause during Landslide for the hand kiss, the romp during Tusk, etc., is so preplanned and totally lacks spontaneity that I start to yawn a little and wish they would loosen up.

Quote:
At this point this was a band on the edge, and to reduce the edginess of this video to, "Musta been doing a lot of coke" just seems too simplistic.
I said the drugs played a part. "Musta been doing a lot of coke" would be too simplistic. I didn't deduce it down to drug use only. But, they definitely played a part.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Someone actually sent you a PM to excoriate you over the use of "hard on"? How pathetic.
Yeah and he was pretty nasty about it.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r
Yeah and he was pretty nasty about it.

Well, I have one and personally prefer "stiffy" or the ole reliable "boner"

Old 06-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, I have one and personally prefer "stiffy" or the ole reliable "boner"
Where was that thread I was reading..? So, golden showers, blowjobs and snowballing are cool in everybody's book, but "hard ons" are a problem? Gotcha..
Old 06-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Where was that thread I was reading..? So, golden showers, blowjobs and snowballing are cool in everybody's book, but "hard ons" are a problem? Gotcha..

I was joking I cannot believe someone got on you about hard on - oh well

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-14-2005 at 04:14 PM..
Old 06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
This message has been deleted by ReFleetwoodMac.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was joking I cannot believe someone got on you about hard on - oh well
Ok, sorry.. Now, I'm all paranoid.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, sorry.. Now, I'm all paranoid.
I was like surely the mere mention of the word "stiffy" makes the joking apparent

Old 06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was like surely the mere mention of the word "stiffy" makes the joking apparent
Old 06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus on the Burnish board there used to be a complete analysis of Lindsey's "stiffer" ...a total play by play. It was freaking hilarous.

Mirage is a good show. No I don't think LB was hooking up with Chris. The editing is piece work so who know if they are really looking at each other. I just don't see an attraction but who knows. I think Stevie sounds bloody awful, especially during Gypsy. This was right around the time Robin died..it was filmed within a few days of her death right? Her emotion is evident.
Favorite part is when LB sings the "wrap her velvet" line cause Stevie is MIA. I also like when he puts his head on her back during Sisters.
BTW...it looks like a joint to me, not a cig. Especially the way it is smoking.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 06-14-2005, 05:06 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 06-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I am with you 150%. I don't like all the backup musicians and I'm not all that crazy about the voices of Sharon and Jana nearly drowning Stevie out at times. :
Especially GDW! It doesn't seem to me it's quite as bad these days, but I HATED the "Run-nin' through the sha-dows" thing they used to do at the end

Quote:
The very, very few rote things you hear on Mirage are hardly comparable to the entire SYW tour. Mirage had spontaneity to spare. LIB did not. The Dance did to an extent, but not at all like Mirage. So, they had one or two canned speeches.. I can live with that. It's when the whole show down to the way S&L slow dance with each other, the looks, the pause during Landslide for the hand kiss, the romp during Tusk, etc., is so preplanned and totally lacks spontaneity that I start to yawn a little and wish they would loosen up.
Yep. Can't deny that it has gotten worse.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
There is at least one part where the camera is behind Christine, and Lindsey is slowly walking towards her with an evil grin on his face. The end of Gypsy I believe. So we know who he was looking at then.
Oh sure there's a couple times you can tell, but most of it is just cutting from a shot of Lindsey looking stage right (he's all the way stage left, were else is he gonna look?) or Chris looking stage left (same thing, vice versa) and you just can't know.

I always thought he was just trying to avoid Stevie anyway.

Of course then there's the point that apparently someone in the editing room CHOOSE to edit those parts together...so the conspiracies never end...

And yeah, I think all my Mirage boots have Lindsey singing those same lines on SOTM...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 06-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
There is at least one part where the camera is behind Christine, and Lindsey is slowly walking towards her with an evil grin on his face. The end of Gypsy I believe. So we know who he was looking at then.
And although I am unfamiliar the term "MIA," you make it sound like him singing that line was a one timer dealy. He did it the whole tour if I'm not mistaken, which I most certainly am.
MIA means "missing in action". He sang that line the whole tour? If you saw some Mirage shows, care to share? As for the looks, yeah, there were quite a few of those shots between Lindsey and Chris. One was ISA. I just watched that again and holy jesus! What a performance. He walks over to her during the guitar solo with that same evil little look. Loved it. Chris looked flustered.

I don't think that was a joint. If it was, he was f*cking stoned out of his gourd. If it was a joint, he'd be taking long inhales and holding them in, but he was puffing out, big puffs. A joint doesn't usually stay lit that well either like a ciggie does and I've never seen someone hold one in their mouth for an entire guitar solo.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:35 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
Old 06-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never seen someone hold one in their mouth for an entire guitar solo.
you're right. he's smoking a filtercigarette.