Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mirage DVD

It's rare to find me in the Lindsey forum , but I came home for lunch today and popped in the Mirage DVD. I hadn't watched this in ages and only had time to catch the first four tracks but in every one of them, I noticed some things I wanted to talk/ask about. They're mostly Lindsey-oriented, for a change. Btw, this is an awesome DVD.

First question: Was Lindsey on something? I'm sure Stevie was , but was he? He always seems nervous and fidgety in everything I've seen him in, but he seemed especially rabid in this. During Chain, did he have a hard on? I swear, he looks like he has a raging hard on.

Second: During Gypsy, Stevie leans down to pick up something right after she sings "paper flowers". I couldn't tell what it was. A paper flower?

Third: During LIS, there's a close-up of Chris singing the line "never take your love away" and then a shot of John looking at her while she's singing it. Aw. I thought that was sweet and kind of sad. Then, there's a shot of her looking in Lindsey's direction very seductively and essentially making eyes at him and then a shot of Lindsey doing it back to her. Now, I know Chris' boyfriend (Dennis Wilson - it was Dennis, right?) and Lindsey's girlfriend hooked up. Was that in 82? I was thinking Chris and Lindsey were consoling each other by also hooking up? I never thought they had fooled around, but watching this DVD on this track and the one after it (NTF), it looks like they were eyeing each other a lot. I wouldn't doubt it because they all seemed incestuous, but did Chris and Lindsey ever have a thing, even briefly?

Fourth thing isn't a question, but just something I have to say. I love NTF, but the DVD version is to die for. I think I'm the only one here (other than Dissention) who doesn't have the hots for Lindsey, but holy sh*t. Every time there was a shot of Chris, she seemed to have her eyes glued on him. In all fairness, I guess it's hard not to watch a man fake an orgasm. (He was faking, right? ) That *come shot* was much hotter than the Come thing he did for SYW, which gave me the willies. Anyway, he seemed very hyper though the whole thing. Anyone know if he was coked up?

I'm going to watch the rest of it tonight. It's been years since I've seen it and I think the last time I watched it, I was as high as Stevie (and maybe Lindsey), so I don't remember much. It's like watching it for the first time.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes.
Ha, just kidding. I thought and noticed all those things myself, though. (Except the hard on, strangely.) Yeah, Lindsey was a serious tweaker in that vid. Yes, I noticed the eyes that Chris gave him. No, I don't know if they hooked up. Sesly doubt it. Libra/Cancer is like Oil/Water. Besides, I just don't think so. I forgot what Stevie picks up.
Um, i think it's almost funny to ask if they were coked up during Mirage. No offense....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagringader&r
First question: Was Lindsey on something? I'm sure Stevie was , but was he?
I don't know, but probably.
Quote:
He always seems nervous and fidgety in everything I've seen him in, but he seemed especially rabid in this.
These were raging times for Fleetwood Mac.
Quote:
During Chain, did he have a hard on? I swear, he looks like he has a raging hard on.
I guess whatever you think you see is . . . you know, what you see.
Quote:
Second: During Gypsy, Stevie leans down to pick up something right after she sings "paper flowers". I couldn't tell what it was. A paper flower?
Probably just a rose or some flower. Sometimes people toss their stuff up there because she doesn't run over & take it personally.
Quote:
Third: During LIS, there's a close-up of Chris singing the line "never take your love away" and then a shot of John looking at her while she's singing it. Aw. I thought that was sweet and kind of sad. Then, there's a shot of her looking in Lindsey's direction very seductively and essentially making eyes at him and then a shot of Lindsey doing it back to her. Now, I know Chris' boyfriend (Dennis Wilson - it was Dennis, right?) and Lindsey's girlfriend hooked up. Was that in 82?
I dunno.
Quote:
I was thinking Chris and Lindsey were consoling each other by also hooking up? I never thought they had fooled around, but watching this DVD on this track and the one after it (NTF), it looks like they were eyeing each other a lot. I wouldn't doubt it because they all seemed incestuous, but did Chris and Lindsey ever have a thing, even briefly?
I dunno.
Quote:
Fourth thing isn't a question, but just something I have to say. I love NTF, but the DVD version is to die for. I think I'm the only one here (other than Dissention) who doesn't have the hots for Lindsey, but holy sh*t. Every time there was a shot of Chris, she seemed to have her eyes glued on him. In all fairness, I guess it's hard not to watch a man fake an orgasm.
Probably easier not to watch when you're seeing it night after night on tour.
Quote:
Anyway, he seemed very hyper though the whole thing.
He has always seemed spastic to me: on the 1977 tour, the 1980 tour, the 1982 tour.
Quote:
Anyone know if he was coked up?
I dunno.

I wish they had filmed it on film instead of on videotape.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes.
Ha, just kidding. I thought and noticed all those things myself, though. (Except the hard on, strangely.) Yeah, Lindsey was a serious tweaker in that vid. Yes, I noticed the eyes that Chris gave him. No, I don't know if they hooked up. Sesly doubt it. Libra/Cancer is like Oil/Water. Besides, I just don't think so. I forgot what Stevie picks up.
Um, i think it's almost funny to ask if they were coked up during Mirage. No offense....
Well, I know she was, but didn't know if he was, too. Seems like I've read that he said he didn't do coke? Not that it matters, but I figured if that was about the time Lindsey's gf cheated with Chris' bf, they might have been going at it..
Old 06-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He should have worn undies, you can see his balls swinging clear as daylight.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
He should have worn undies, you can see his balls swinging clear as daylight.
That reminds of an old thread on Burnish where someone described 'Lindsey's Pants" in the Mirage video. It was quite funny,
Old 06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, but I have to vent a little here. I've seen discussions on this board about blowjobs, snowballing, golden showers, you name it and some a**hole pmed me to tell me my post was pathetic because it contained the term 'hard on'? Wtf? Get a life? Well, the a**hole in question got put on the ignore list, but tell me this. Why can't someone ask a question and not have to use the *proper* term of "erection", while others can openly talk about urinating on someone or blowjobs without a problem? Or, do you guys also get nastily pmed?

And to the a**hole who pmed me: I'd say you need to get a life if you spend your time sending someone a private message for the sole purpose of putting them down.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Sorry, but I have to vent a little here. I've seen discussions on this board about blowjobs, snowballing, golden showers, you name it and some a**hole pmed me to tell me my post was pathetic because it contained the term 'hard on'? Wtf? Get a life? Well, the a**hole in question got put on the ignore list, but tell me this. Why can't someone ask a question and not have to use the *proper* term of "erection", while others can openly talk about urinating on someone or blowjobs without a problem? Or, do you guys also get nastily pmed?

And to the a**hole who pmed me: I'd say you need to get a life if you spend your time sending someone a private message for the sole purpose of putting them down.
Unless this person is a moderator, they are indeed a f****wad. I can't imagine who the heck would say that. Do you ever see them posting? Guess so, cause you put them on ignore....hmmmm....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 06-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Unless this person is a moderator, they are indeed a f****wad. I can't imagine who the heck would say that. Do you ever see them posting? Guess so, cause you put them on ignore....hmmmm....
I'm so tempted to just say his name right here. I've never seen his posts and I don't think he's a moderator. I guess it's a guy, but not sure. Part of his screenname was a guy's name, but that doesn't always mean a lot. I just went to his profile and put him on ignore. Yes, he is a f***wad.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think there was anything wrong with your post whatsoever. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all those observations because I have not seen the "Mirage" concert at all. People are just uptight I guess.

Since I haven't seen this concert, how would you rate it amongst the "Dance" and "Live in Boston"? Better, about the same, less interesting? I'm curious. Oh, and which performances really stand out? Sorry for being a pain but I so want to see it and hopefully one day I will and would like to know a little about it because that is how I get myself geared up for things.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

pfft. even if it was a moderator!

Anyway, on my pc back home I've a series of screencaps Phil made a couple of years ago of Lindsey and John sharing a "cig"... I'll dig it up tonight. It happens during Not That Funny, I think.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I don't think there was anything wrong with your post whatsoever. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all those observations because I have not seen the "Mirage" concert at all. People are just uptight I guess.

Since I haven't seen this concert, how would you rate it amongst the "Dance" and "Live in Boston"? Better, about the same, less interesting? I'm curious. Oh, and which performances really stand out? Sorry for being a pain but I so want to see it and hopefully one day I will and would like to know a little about it because that is how I get myself geared up for things.
Thanks, Nico I got pmed by some very nice peeps about this that more than made up for the a**hole, so I appreciate that. I didn't watch the rest of it tonight like I had planned and it has been a long time since I've seen the whole thing, but I do remember SOTM just knocking me out! That song always does it for me anyway but in the Mirage DVD, she just nails it and then some. She speaks in tongues, she's all over the place and you really almost expect an exorcism at any moment. At least, that's what I remember about it. I also can't say enough about how beautiful Stevie looked in this. I know she was tweaked, but she was still gorgeous. She smiled a lot and I think some audience members threw flowers on the stage and during Gypsy, she knelt down mid-song and picked them up. Very cool. (I did watch that part again because I had to know what she was picking up.) Chris looked hot in this, too. Very sexy. The classic scene Mari was talking about was fun. During the drum/guitar solo in NTF, Lindsey lights up a ciggie (I don't think it was a joint because of the way he was smoking it - in big, big, puffs and not holding it in) and stands next to John as they do kind of a bass/guitar duet. John leans in to get a nice hit. Mick looked completely wasted and some roadie kept walking up behind him and pouring beer down his throat. Er..Lindsey's ISA was to die for, I thought. They did a very cool Blue Letter and Chris' Songbird was beautiful. A lot of flirting, playfulness and eye contact between Lindsey and Chris. It was pretty obvious that Stevie and Lindsey weren't on the best of terms then, as they went out of their way to avoid each other. Oh, Stevie almost missed her cue at the beginning of Gypsy. Lindsey is strumming on his guitar, John's doing his bass and Mick is lightly drumming and it's funny because they look like they're just killing time waiting for Stevie to finally show up to the party. She ran out just in the nick of time and looked a little out of breath at first. They all looked pretty coked up and/or stoned and/or drunk, but they put on one hell of a show for that audience. At the end, I seem to remember Stevie going to the edge of the stage and kneeling down to pick up a bunch of stuffed animals the crowd was giving her as gifts. She said something like "you have no idea how many of these I have at home" or something along those lines. Tomorrow, I definitely want to make time to sit and watch the whole thing over again to refresh my memory. You're not a pain, btw, but aren't you sorry you asked for details? As for rating it against Dance and LIB, that's tough. I would probably put it in the same category as The Dance, but the two concerts were so different. It had more energy than The Dance, but that had to do with the drugs I think. LIB, I would put last behind those two. If I had to choose one to actually be at, I think it would be Mirage. To see them back then and Stevie as interactive with the audience as she was, would be a thrill!

On edit: If you buy this, don't forget to turn on the subtitles. They're hilarious and all screwed up. For instance, after LIS, Lindsey screams "Christine McVie" and the subtitle says "This is the key!" Couldn't even get the band members' names right. It's a riot.

Last edited by lagringader&r; 06-14-2005 at 05:09 AM..
Old 06-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Someone actually sent you a PM to excoriate you over the use of "hard on"? How pathetic.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh YEAH? Well YOU need to.....oooops....

Old 06-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
Since I haven't seen this concert, how would you rate it amongst the "Dance" and "Live in Boston"? Better, about the same, less interesting?
There's no comparison. What you're hearing on "The Dance" & "Live in Boston" (which I only saw once) is such a manufactured mixture of dozens of musicians & singers as well as overdubs, you can barely distinguish the members of Fleetwood Mac from their surroundings. You're hearing a "presentation," not a rock concert, as far as I'm concerned. If that's your idea of excitement, I guess you can have a great time watching "The Dance" & "Live in Boston."

the beauty of the older performance is that it's Fleetwood Mac. I used to assume most Fleetwood Mac fans wanted to hear Fleetwood Mac & not a sonic wall of hardware seepage, but I guess I was wrong because I think thousands of people prefer the later shows (which are, to be fair to them, better produced cinematically & certainly benefit from state-of-the-art camera work & 5.1 sound).

I also think it's a reductive mistake to attribute the energy of the 1982 performance to drugs. I think I've made this argument before. You don't perform better on drugs: you might perform freer or looser (or even the opposite, you might clam up) but not better. The band jamming on "Not That Funny" or "The Chain" in the 1982 show is not "drugs." It's energy, commitment, musicianship & confidence.