Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudden22
Not only that but the Beach Boys had a major impact on him. That is like cheating on him with one of his idols.
Well, Stevie supposedly dated him before his relationship with Chris.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
That's a little disturbing about the choking thing...I was watching Lindsey on that "Destiny Rules" DVD and he just SO does not look like someone who had/has aggressive tendencies...more docile if anything.
Watch some of the Japan footage from '77 (I think it's '77) and you'll see a different Lindsey.
Some of his Tusk tour performances are not pretty either.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
What exactly do people with tempers and agressive tendencies look like?
I think they're referring to the way he acts on those DVDs/videos.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I think they're referring to the way he acts on those DVDs/videos.
He're more whiny than frightening in the backstage footage. In fact sometimes he acts really sweet (like when he's at the piano). Onstage he looks fierce, but he's playing his heart out. And BTW he is SMOKIN' HOT.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Lux
Old 05-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Really? I wouldn't have guessed. I wouldn't think that people with tempers actually thrash people about while being filmed for documentary. I was just saying that they come in all forms.
True enough. But I am going strictly by superficial interpretation- which is the only thing I use when observing someone I really don't know personally. From what I saw of Lindsey on the surface level, he just seems kind of calm/laid-back.

Now, it could all be a facade and he could be a wild beast of a man, slapping people around and throwing punches at women left and right- but it doesn't look that way to me. His voice was really quiet and he just seemed like a person I would probably feel comfortable around.

You like playing devil's advocate, eh? (Not being cruelly sarcastic, I totally like it when people have different opinons than myself. Makes things more interesting.)
Old 05-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Lux
Old 05-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I <3 Lux and Jen.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love ya too Hil! (I'm still serious about the PJ comp, if you want one. And I'll reply to your email asap as well!)

Lux...I don't disagree about him having a temper, seeing as there is enough written description to at least assume he has one, but it was just my observation of his behavior from that particular DVD, which is by the way the only Lindsey documentary-style thing I have to go by. I have no idea about this 1970s "Tusk" footage because, hey, I have never seen it...

So I am going to presume, because that's the only thing I can do concerning this topic, that he has somewhat "mellowed" with age. I don't know...Anyway, I think I am becoming repetitive with my explanation, so hopefully this will end the Lindsey=violent/non-violent? discussion. Honestly, I don't know enough to say more anyway.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I love ya too Hil! (I'm still serious about the PJ comp, if you want one. And I'll reply to your email asap as well!)
Yeah, I totally forgot to mention that in my e-mail. I really appreciate the offer but I'm going to buy her CDs eventually so I'll get the music that way. I'm looking forward to collecting them, just as I've been doing with FM for almost two years now. The next one I'm going to get will probably be Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, but I have to say that the next CD on my list of CDs to buy is Lindsey's Out of the Cradle, since I've deprived myself of Lindsey's solo material (except GOS) all this time and I need to finally buy one of them. Anyway, I'm rambling but the point is that it's really sweet of you to make the CDs but I'm planning to buy all of them. (Except maybe Is This Desire? because some say it's her worst and not worth it. I don't know). By the way, you've got to tell me what you thought about "Without You" and "Down Endless Street." I love them both so much, but I won't die if you don't like them, I promise.

And, uh, Lux, if you're reading this thread...have you read Kortni's blog lately by any chance?
Old 05-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Yeah, I totally forgot to mention that in my e-mail. I really appreciate the offer but I'm going to buy her CDs eventually so I'll get the music that way. I'm looking forward to collecting them, just as I've been doing with FM for almost two years now. The next one I'm going to get will probably be Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea, but I have to say that the next CD on my list of CDs to buy is Lindsey's Out of the Cradle, since I've deprived myself of Lindsey's solo material (except GOS) all this time and I need to finally buy one of them. Anyway, I'm rambling but the point is that it's really sweet of you to make the CDs but I'm planning to buy all of them. (Except maybe Is This Desire? because some say it's her worst and not worth it. I don't know). By the way, you've got to tell me what you thought about "Without You" and "Down Endless Street." I love them both so much, but I won't die if you don't like them, I promise.

Coolness! I so agree with you collecting slowly. I'm the same way. Oh, and def. get SFTCSFTS, but yeah after OOTC because that is seriously one of the most perfect albums I have ever heard in my life. I still play it all the way through and it's just as enjoyable the millionth time.

Oh and Is This Desire became my fave PJ album last summer. It's a gorgeous piece of work, but it really takes time to grow on you because her stuff on there is quite dark. I woudn't pass it up, but you could make it one of your later purchases.

Oh! And I will excitedly tell you whet I think of those songs in an email since I'm already using so much of this open forum space for private BS as is. Thanks so much for sending them! You are the greatest.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Lux
Old 05-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I'm confused, why did you ask that?
Uh, you just need to read it, I guess. Wait, never mind...don't read it. I'm so embarrassed now.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
He're more whiny than frightening in the backstage footage.
Precisely. My favorite has to be from the Rumours tour vids where he whines that he's hungry and Stevie says that she'll make him an omelette, to which he replies "I don't wannnnnnnnnt an omelette." What a whiny little ****.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Precisely. My favorite has to be from the Rumours tour vids where he whines that he's hungry and Stevie says that she'll make him an omelette, to which he replies "I don't wannnnnnnnnt an omelette." What a whiny little ****.

He is such a whiny little bitch.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

I just saw that. He was all pissed. I thought he was going to stomp his pouty little foot!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer

He is such a whiny little bitch.
I wonder if Stevie ever tried to slip him a tampon.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I haven't seen that.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Lux