User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I reported him ...everyone else should as well. You cannot stop an auction because you can get a higher price by selling it privately. HE SOLICITED the buyers from ebay...they want their cut for bringing him his business. He emailed me...I was only a watcher on the item so I have no idea how he got my email addy. I guess he somehow obtained the list of watchers. He contacted a good friend of mine and said he had a ton of people interested and what was she willing to bid? he told her he sold another one of these a few months back and made a ton of money. JACKASS.
BTW..he also said LBs management had made no attempt to stop him, just one potential buyer who claimed they knew LB and was speaking for him, expressing his disgust. That was the current high bidder when the auction ended. IMO, that person would have bid the item up to crazy amounts and then never paid for it.
Hi...when you sell an item, you get a list of the watchers. So, that is how he was able to know. Everyone that he has contacted has been told the same story. Maybe we need to start this thread in the Rumours area too. I don't want anyone to buy this from him at that price.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I reported him ...everyone else should as well. You cannot stop an auction because you can get a higher price by selling it privately. HE SOLICITED the buyers from ebay...they want their cut for bringing him his business. He emailed me...I was only a watcher on the item so I have no idea how he got my email addy. I guess he somehow obtained the list of watchers. He contacted a good friend of mine and said he had a ton of people interested and what was she willing to bid? he told her he sold another one of these a few months back and made a ton of money. JACKASS.
BTW..he also said LBs management had made no attempt to stop him, just one potential buyer who claimed they knew LB and was speaking for him, expressing his disgust. That was the current high bidder when the auction ended. IMO, that person would have bid the item up to crazy amounts and then never paid for it.
One other thing, can someone please provide his auction name, email addy and name if you have it so that we all know who to avoid? Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd like to post his actual e-mails here, but that's against Ledge rules, isn't it?

Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I'd like to post his actual e-mails here, but that's against Ledge rules, isn't it?
I am not sure, but, perhaps you could "paraphrase"?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknpeace
Hi...when you sell an item, you get a list of the watchers. So, that is how he was able to know. Everyone that he has contacted has been told the same story. Maybe we need to start this thread in the Rumours area too. I don't want anyone to buy this from him at that price.
Actually, you can see how many watchers your item has, but you can't see their usernames or contact information unless they have placed a bid. It's perplexing as to how he was able to get the e-mail addresses of people who hadn't bid or contacted him previously with a question about it. Maybe he's harvesting them from fan boards (or reading along here)... I know I've been solicited to buy bootlegs and crap that way before.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I e-mailed him with questions on the item...so did the person Kelly is referring to as well as many others (I would assume). What better way to make a deal then to take those people who had questions or wanted to know why bidding had stopped and see if they'd like to buy? As far as him knowing this board is in existance, I'm going to go ahead and doubt it. He was dumber than a box of rocks--and that's being kind. Although he is being incredibly sly with his ploy to get us to pay an astronomical amount....

I won't mind putting an e-mail in to e-bay if we're all going to do this. Kelly, what did you end up saying if you don't mind my asking?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:01 PM
sodascouts
This message has been deleted by sodascouts.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would like to help put this $#*&@ in his place! I was one of the people that wanted to get in on the CD. I really did not want to give the $150.00 to this person but I figured that if we all chipped in and traded it freely it might prevent to some degree price gouging on any future copies of this CD,

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 05-02-2005 at 06:10 PM..
Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a thought: maybe he came here and followed discussions amongst Lindsey fans. A Leggie's e-mail addy can be listed on his or her profile.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Here's a thought: maybe he came here and followed discussions amongst Lindsey fans. A Leggie's e-mail addy can be listed on his or her profile.
Knowing a group was willing to buy it gave him a lot of leverage. He thought.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

I hate greedy people. I was thinking of bidding but not at that price. FORGET IT !!!! I say we take him down!!!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I clicked on under the REPORT a SELLER...and they gave me a list of choices to click on as to what I was reporting. It was a generalized form. I clicked OTHER and spelled it all out in an email that he solicitated business with me after removing his auction item. I explained that his auction started off at a certain price, was up to about 200 when he pulled it and he contacted me asking me what the most I was willing to pay for the item. This is against their rules. It is cutting ebay completely out of the transaction.

Also..he should never have been able to see my email addy if I was just a watcher on the item. Only a bidder..which I was not. I asked him a question AFTER he contacted me about whether anyone from LBs management had complained to him.

I want to let this guy sweat it out for a bit..although someone will probably buy it from him and we could lose out. What a greedy man.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is no way you can see who is actually 'watching' your auction. He had to have gotten your email addy elsewhere. I'm thinking he has been lurking on here

Pip
Old 05-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The more I think about it the more I'm sure he was reading the other thread. If he was he would have seen everyone pooling money and Nancy being told to stop bidding and pushing the price up. That happened in that thread didn't it? So he pulled it cause he knew he could try to get more money privately and thought everyone on here would be prepared to pay anything
Old 05-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4725550641

He relisted it... all be it very briefly.. before endingit again

Pip
Old 05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
The more I think about it the more I'm sure he was reading the other thread. If he was he would have seen everyone pooling money and Nancy being told to stop bidding and pushing the price up. That happened in that thread didn't it? So he pulled it cause he knew he could try to get more money privately and thought everyone on here would be prepared to pay anything
Yeah, I had that wrong. I was remembering that I could see how many ppl were watching it, it has been a long time since I sold anything on there. Sorry bout that folks. This dude sure does have a lot of stuff he is selling on eBay. They won't do anything about this. He is making too much money for eBay. Sucks.