Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Unite to stop extortion to hear new song

Regardless of how you feel about the sell of the new cd that has surfaced on eBay with a new Lindsey song, (there is ample pontificating on the other thread), I would recommend that we band together to stop the sell at the price currently being asked. The seller is now wanting 500.00 for this cd. That just infuriates me. I think that we need to back off and let him eat that cd.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down They can eat it.

Bite me. Please, NOBODY pay that...that is most def extortion.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just one intricately worded email to eBay would kill the auction anyway. Who's game to compose & send it?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Just one intricately worded email to eBay would kill the auction anyway. Who's game to compose & send it?
Hi...the seller pulled the auction. Stated it was pulled because the minimum required was not set properly? (ie: I think that I can get more than I first thought?). So, the eBay auction is ended. He is aware that a group wants to buy, so he has increased the price to 500.00 as a private sale. The only way to stop him is to not buy it.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknpeace
Hi...the seller pulled the auction. Stated it was pulled because the minimum required was not set properly? (ie: I think that I can get more than I first thought?). So, the eBay auction is ended. He is aware that a group wants to buy, so he has increased the price to 500.00 as a private sale. The only way to stop him is to not buy it.
What a greedy little SOB! I hate people like that.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 05-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've already turned him down.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I've already turned him down.
I am so glad that you did, and I thought that you would. My biggest reason for this thread was any other fans he may contact...to put it into perspective.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm fairly certain everyone he contacted was from our group. I'd love to turn him into ebay because to my knowledge, this is against e-bays rules and regulations. You can't just stop bidding on an item because you come to the conclusion you'd profit more if you sold privately. I'm going to go ahead and read over at e-bay and see what I can find.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I'm fairly certain everyone he contacted was from our group. I'd love to turn him into ebay because to my knowledge, this is against e-bays rules and regulations. You can't just stop bidding on an item because you come to the conclusion you'd profit more if you sold privately. I'm going to go ahead and read over at e-bay and see what I can find.
Make sure that I have my info right about why he ended the auction...I am going on other emails that I have read. Nancy may know his story on that. But, it is against the rules to list an item, stop it and then contact anyone who has bid or expressed an interest to sell outside of eBay as I understand it. He has broken several eBay rules.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Hmm...

I wonder if I shouldn't have even posted it here. It just caused a big mess.

I'm sorry to everyone.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

I'm sorry to everyone.
Honey, it's not your fault. Keep in mind that The Penguin has the option to show e-bay adds on the side of the forum. We would have seen it and bought the subject up to begin with. This isn't something you caused.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

I'm sorry to everyone.
No, I'm sorry Christy. I was the one who took the bait when everyone else was ignoring the argument.
I had promised myself not to get involved in any stupid debates on The Ledge too
Ah, well.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Make sure that I have my info right about why he ended the auction...I am going on other emails that I have read. Nancy may know his story on that. But, it is against the rules to list an item, stop it and then contact anyone who has bid or expressed an interest to sell outside of eBay as I understand it. He has broken several eBay rules.
In reference to ebay item 4723583396, Lindsey Buckingham - New Mixes Studio Demo, the seller claims (to ebay) that he ended the auction because "of an error in the minimum bid or Reserve amount" which is obviously bull****. Not only did he contact you and Nancy but he contacted another friend of mine as well and even told the story of how previously he had a an LP up for auction that apparently was quite sought after. The seller was told by the winner of this LP how much it was actually worth. This is when he first realized that he could get more if he went off of e-bay...we all wanted it and he knew it.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
In reference to ebay item 4723583396, Lindsey Buckingham - New Mixes Studio Demo, the seller claims (to ebay) that he ended the auction because "of an error in the minimum bid or Reserve amount" which is obviously bull****. Not only did he contact you and Nancy but he contacted another friend of mine as well and even told the story of how previously he had a an LP up for auction that apparently was quite sought after. The seller was told by the winner of this LP how much it was actually worth. This is when he first realized that he could get more if he went off of e-bay...we all wanted it and he knew it.
that is what I thought. We all need to report him to eBay. Of course, he will probably just create another user name. I was not contacted by the jerk, but, was in the pool. So, we need to post his name and info here too. No one should deal with him.

And, please no one apologize for posting the info to begin with. Hey, that is what we do, we point one another to things and that is part of the beauty of being a fan in this age of technology. 15 years ago it was hit or miss and trade groups, all in the dark more or less. So, you did a good thing. Nothing that was said or happened anywhere is reflected back to you.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that is what I thought. We all need to report him to eBay. Of course, he will probably just create another user name. I was not contacted by the jerk, but, was in the pool. So, we need to post his name and info here too. No one should deal with him.

And, please no one apologize for posting the info to begin with. Hey, that is what we do, we point one another to things and that is part of the beauty of being a fan in this age of technology. 15 years ago it was hit or miss and trade groups, all in the dark more or less. So, you did a good thing. Nothing that was said or happened anywhere is reflected back to you.
I reported him ...everyone else should as well. You cannot stop an auction because you can get a higher price by selling it privately. HE SOLICITED the buyers from ebay...they want their cut for bringing him his business. He emailed me...I was only a watcher on the item so I have no idea how he got my email addy. I guess he somehow obtained the list of watchers. He contacted a good friend of mine and said he had a ton of people interested and what was she willing to bid? he told her he sold another one of these a few months back and made a ton of money. JACKASS.
BTW..he also said LBs management had made no attempt to stop him, just one potential buyer who claimed they knew LB and was speaking for him, expressing his disgust. That was the current high bidder when the auction ended. IMO, that person would have bid the item up to crazy amounts and then never paid for it.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey