User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it was funny waking up this morning to 2 more threads started quoting your original thread.

maybe mods can edit the name of your thread to something like "Mick at B&N: SN making solo album in Nashville" to make it absolutely clear?
Just as you said that, they merged it! Now I look silly, like I'm talking to myself or reminding everyone that it was me.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Just as you said that, they merged it! Now I look silly, like I'm talking to myself or reminding everyone that it was me.
nah. plus it's always funny like that when threads are merged since convos get out of order a bit. but it made sense to do this.

thanks mods!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm pretty thrilled. I'm excited about Christine coming out of retirement, but other than that, I'm feeling pretty indifferent about the prospect of new studio content from that group. Will the "magic" and chemistry still be there after all this time? I'm honestly kinda skeptical.

A new Stevie album with Dave Stewart at the helm, on the other hand, is something I'm pretty sure I'll love. And it may benefit from this more spontaneous approach. I've never thought Stevie was an artist who really benefitted from taking her time on things.

Very excited about this. And it looks like a new FM album will happen eventually anyway, and if that exceeds my expectations too, all the better.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it was funny waking up this morning to 2 more threads started quoting your original thread.

maybe mods can edit the name of your thread to something like "Mick at B&N: SN making solo album in Nashville" to make it absolutely clear?
Now that we know what Stevie is doing this thread should be deleted as there's already a thread about Stevie recording a new record in Nashville in the "Stevie Nicks" section where it belongs...If the moderators choose to merge the "Stevie & Christine in Nashville" thread with the "Stevie Recording A New Album With Dave Stewart Producing In Nashville" thread which is already in the Stevie section and place it in the "Stevie Nicks" section that's up to them...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-27-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Aw, I only just got merged into this thread and now you want it deleted? I feel cheated!

I say we keep it around and repurpose it as The Naked Dance Party Thread.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Now that we know what Stevie is doing this thread should be deleted as there's already a thread about Stevie recording a new record in Nashville in the "Stevie Nicks" section where it belongs...If the moderators choose to merge the "Stevie & Christine in Nashville" thread with the "Stevie Recording A New Album With Dave Stewart Producing In Nashville" thread which is already in the Stevie section and place it in the "Stevie Nicks" section that's up to them...
i agree with you that there should also be a thread about SN recording on SN board, where SN fans who may not be necessarily be FM fans can freely discuss it as a solo project.

however, this thread came as news that were relayed by an FM member to an FM fan and is very relevant for an FM album. the fact that SN fans got the bonus info they are craving is just that - a bonus for you all.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Um, just to clear up a few things...

I don't really think that Stevie is recording a new country CD. I was just saying that since Nashville is known for country music, it would be cool, but it was just an off the cuff remark.

I know that Nashville has all types of music.

Finally, I also hate what is sometimes called country music now. But when I referred to a country CD, I meant a country CD a la Stevie. I love Rose Garden, and That's Alright, and After the Glitter Fades. I personally would love a whole CD of songs like those. That's what I meant by "country CD". I am not a fan of, for example, Lady Antebellum or Stevie's work with them. I have nothing against them and I'm happy for their success, but their music does nothing for me.

OK, let's all go back to wild speculation. But again, I feel like I need to clarify, I was just speculating and I think that that is all any of us are doing, so I'm taking it as a bit of fun, but nothing serious. What will happen will happen and in the worse case scenario, we get a Fleetwood Mac tour with Christine. That's not a bad worse case scenario.

Kevin
Old 04-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I don't want to stir the pot here since we still don't know what the situation is regarding FM and what they will be doing in the future but it's possible Stevie want's no part of Mick's 3 year plan...She may have told them that she'll do the fall tour and after that she's taking time off from FM...
Well, 2015 isn't 3 years from now. That's next year. By the time they finish even just the first leg of the tour, it will be Dec 2014. Assuming there will be multiple legs, that puts them atleast midway through 2015 before FM wraps it up.. that is, if the tour is all they do.

So Stevie recording right now still really doesn't make sense to me, unless she's planning on releasing it super soon and doing a small early summer tour. Otherwise whatever she's recording is either going to come out while she's doing FM stuff which again, is a bit weird, or it's gonna be shelved till the FM stuff is over... which is a long time for it to just sit there.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post

I don't really think that Stevie is recording a new country CD. I was just saying that since Nashville is known for country music, it would be cool, but it was just an off the cuff remark.

I know that Nashville has all types of music.

Finally, I also hate what is sometimes called country music now. But when I referred to a country CD, I meant a country CD a la Stevie. I love Rose Garden, and That's Alright, and After the Glitter Fades. I personally would love a whole CD of songs like those. That's what I meant by "country CD". I am not a fan of, for example, Lady Antebellum or Stevie's work with them. I have nothing against them and I'm happy for their success, but their music does nothing for me.

OK, let's all go back to wild speculation. But again, I feel like I need to clarify, I was just speculating and I think that that is all any of us are doing, so I'm taking it as a bit of fun, but nothing serious. What will happen will happen and in the worse case scenario, we get a Fleetwood Mac tour with Christine. That's not a bad worse case scenario.

Kevin
Hi Kevin!

I agree that a Stevie country album would be pretty snazballs. However, your gripe against "modern" country music puzzles me a bit. I agree with you that it's sort of a genre with an identity crisis at the moment, but sonically I think what is called Country these days isn't really any different from what Stevie was recording in the 70s and early 80s, so it's interesting to see you make such a distinction.

Anyway, cool though it would be, I don't think Stevie will ever release an album and actually call it "country". But I do think her style will benefit from the spontaneity of the Nashville way of doing things, and I'm really looking forward to hearing the results.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What will happen will happen and in the worse case scenario, we get a Fleetwood Mac tour with Christine. That's not a bad worse case scenario.
no this is not about the tour. there is a pic of all 5 on TM. tour is a cash cow, albums are for the artists' soul, not money. SN is signed on for the tour.

this is only about the album.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kevin
Now this would be wonderful, and it makes me very hopeful! And I co-sign on the LA remarks. So many people sent me clips of it, which was sweet, but I was totally uninterested in that.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't dislike LA, but I do think a lot of the excitement surrounding those collaborations was simply that we were hearing Stevie sing songs we haven't heard her sing before. It seemed like she was "stretching herself" for the first time in at least a decade.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Hi Kevin!

I agree that a Stevie country album would be pretty snazballs. However, your gripe against "modern" country music puzzles me a bit. I agree with you that it's sort of a genre with an identity crisis at the moment, but sonically I think what is called Country these days isn't really any different from what Stevie was recording in the 70s and early 80s, so it's interesting to see you make such a distinction.
Really? I hear people talk all the time about the difference between "old country" and "new country," and not in a positive way. Of course, there are some artists that are getting back to the rootsier side of things... but MUCH of current radio country is basically over-produced pop/rock songs with twang, accents, and obnoxiously redneck lyrics. Which is not at all what Stevie's country-ish songs were like.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Really? I hear people talk all the time about the difference between "old country" and "new country," and not in a positive way. Of course, there are some artists that are getting back to the rootsier side of things... but MUCH of current radio country is basically over-produced pop/rock songs with twang, accents, and obnoxiously redneck lyrics. Which is not at all what Stevie's country-ish songs were like.
I should probably be speaking more generally. Maybe we're saying more or less the same thing, here. I certainly wasn't intending to come accross as hugely in favour of most new country music. Modern country, to me, does sound like 70s-era pop/rock, albeit with a bit more "twang" in the vocal and a bit more "I'm just like you guys" in the lyrical content. Its quality or lack thereof aside, in terms of "sound" it resembles mainstream music of that era, including Stevie's output from back then.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
This is modern country:

Just a dream, just a dream.