The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default I'm doing a project on Fleetwood Mac! Help me out?

I'm supposed to be creating an online downloadable PDF that accompanies a bands album purchased on itunes and I've chosen Fleetwood Mac!
Basically I have to create a multi page InDesign document that establishes a strong visual theme through use of color, image, and type.

I've decided I'm going to choose an album and maybe design my piece a bit differently than the artwork and style of the album itself.
I've chosen some FM-looking fonts for song lyrics and titles.
I can use any pictures from the internet, though they should be as close to high quality as possible. I'm looking at photoshoots from Tusk and Mirage eras. I also added in the B&W portrait shots of each band member from the Live album.
Anyone have any nice photos that I could add or that I haven't seen before?
I'm supposed to include at least 5 songs with lyrics. What songs from which album do you guys think I should choose?

I'm having a hard time choosing a good cover image too. I thought of maybe putting a certain effect on all the pictures I use to tie them together. What do you guys think would make a good cover image?

Any suggestions on what else I should do?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckingyourhips View Post
I'm supposed to be creating an online downloadable PDF that accompanies a bands album purchased on itunes and I've chosen Fleetwood Mac!
Basically I have to create a multi page InDesign document that establishes a strong visual theme through use of color, image, and type.

I've decided I'm going to choose an album and maybe design my piece a bit differently than the artwork and style of the album itself.
I've chosen some FM-looking fonts for song lyrics and titles.
I can use any pictures from the internet, though they should be as close to high quality as possible. I'm looking at photoshoots from Tusk and Mirage eras. I also added in the B&W portrait shots of each band member from the Live album.
Anyone have any nice photos that I could add or that I haven't seen before?
I'm supposed to include at least 5 songs with lyrics. What songs from which album do you guys think I should choose?

I'm having a hard time choosing a good cover image too. I thought of maybe putting a certain effect on all the pictures I use to tie them together. What do you guys think would make a good cover image?

Any suggestions on what else I should do?
does it have to be existing album, or are you allowed to be creative and make the cover for an upcoming album?

if upcoming, make up the names of some songs, or use Sad Angel and the other EP ones, add some, and make up the cover for the FM album that has Mick, John, Chris and Lindsey. make a really nice cover art that they could actually use.... since judging by the EP this band has no good ideas for the cover art!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sounds like an awesome assignment...
A few quintessential images come to mind when I think of FM; the moon and tree backdrop used on stage 76-78, a top hat, a penguin, Mick's signature "balls", a tambourine, and a crystal ball.

5 songs; Rhiannon, The Chain, Tusk, Hold Me/or Gypsy, and Landslide.

I wish you lots of luck!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
does it have to be existing album, or are you allowed to be creative and make the cover for an upcoming album?

if upcoming, make up the names of some songs, or use Sad Angel and the other EP ones, add some, and make up the cover for the FM album that has Mick, John, Chris and Lindsey. make a really nice cover art that they could actually use.... since judging by the EP this band has no good ideas for the cover art!
Haha no Stevie! You are funny. Great sense of humor