User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Don't quit.My mom went through the same thing you are going through.I remember those days back where she worked at the beauty shop for hours on end.Later she went for her teaching degree for teaching the trade which my step dad got her into the state trade school to teach beauty culture.She retired about the same age is Stevie is now and she traveled the whole country with a motorhome with my stepdad.

Oh .don't take that nail out of that tire .let the garage or a machanic friend do it for you.

In a couple of weeks Stevie will be here.That will brighten your day.

BTW.Your pix and hair look great.
Well I might just look for a different salon job....Where they arent so strict...

Oh I know not to take it out...I gotta go to some tire place or something so they can take it out and plug it up for me.

I still need to get tickets to see Stevie xD I AM SO BEHIND!!

Thanks =)

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=ButterCookie;1054392]Thanks It wasn't so much a choice as an I-dropped-my-D40-down-the-stairs-and-claimed-the-best-one-I-could-on-the-insurance. I actually still really miss the D40.

Ah that sucks! It's always horrible having to get used to a new camera when you loved your old one. I love mine though, I got it before I started college so I wanted one I that was pretty simple.

JTIS- I see Patti Smith on the 25th! SO EXCITED!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

Bro, I sold the red guitar! I'm sure I told you that at the time.

You sure did g-girl. But somehow I still feel cheated
out of your version of Shelby Lynne's Tears, Lies and
Alibis
album cover.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Wins At Michigan!!!

Go Jr. Go!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

Go Jr. Go!!!
i'm a HUGE #24 fan, but was happy to see little E finally get a win~ he cried, that was great~
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Go Jr. Go!!!
My dad was a Dale Earnhardt Sr and JR fan.He met SR years ago at a race.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's 100 degrees.

This is almost like torture.

And it's not even July.

Gah.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i'm a HUGE #24 fan, but was happy to see little E finally get a win~ he cried, that was great~
Cool!

I had to watch if from TNT's website. It was
pretty cool as you could choose from eight
different views.

MacFanForever,
That's great your dad got to meet Sr. I've never
been to a race myself.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cool!

I had to watch if from TNT's website. It was
pretty cool as you could choose from eight
different views.

MacFanForever,
That's great your dad got to meet Sr. I've never
been to a race myself.
My dad used to follow the Nascar race circuit like me with Stevie Nicks.He traveled about the whole east coast from New Hampshire Motor Speedway to Daytona International Speedway in Florida.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
I;m a huge Jeff Gordon fan too lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't even need reassurance, but I'm just so pissed off, that I need to rant.

So I live in a reasonably small college town(80K, including 40K students). I'm a fairly well known person(and I only mean in my own miniscule fishbowl), and have a lot of acquaintances(some I consider friends, in varying degrees). Well, I throw quite a few summer parties....so if I know 300 people, I obviously can't invite 300 people to my house(I usually try to keep the limit to 30-35, which is more than I even enjoy - 15 or so is enjoyable). But my pool parties have sort of taken on a certain level of notoriety(not really my doing, just the fact that it's sort of "the hot summer night spot to be" - ie, more to do with the guests, than me!).
And I had a party this weekend, and I can't believe the nerve that some people have...I went out tonight, and was "shamed" three times, because "I wasn't invited....I can't believe you didn't invite me!". My bartender "friend" ~flipped me off~, then lightly smacked me on the face, then made me(intentionally) wait about 15 minutes for a drink. When I was ready for another, he said, "it's last call"(2 hours early). I said, "are you serious?". He said, "it is for you, since you didn't invite me to your party this weekend". Even though he was somewhat kidding, I'd had enough "shaming", and being ignored by a server. I can't host 300 f*cking people, and even if I list an event on FB as BYOB, only about 25% DO BYOB! So I calmly told my friends that I was leaving, and they wanted to know why, I just said that I was tired.

Pardon my rant. It was pretty much for my own venting. Life is so funny. You work hard, and finally succeed, and yet it's never quite the golden life that you worked SO HARD to attain. I try to be the absolute best person that I can, and yet, it's never enough, for everyone. You can't please everyone.

SO I CAME HOME, AND AM DRINKING A GLASS OF WINE, BY MYSELF, BECAUSE IT FELT LIKE A BETTER OPTION, THAN DEALING WITH "ACQUAINTANCES" WHO EXPECT ME TO ENTERTAIN THE ENTIRE TOWN....

Thanks for listening, and yes, I know that I'm very lucky to have what I do. I'm thankful for that(and I'm NOT rich, for the record, only comfortable). But I remember being uber poor, and being much happier...because people didn't have...unusual expectations....
Old 06-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
I;m a huge Jeff Gordon fan too lol
sweet, we love gordon & the red sox!!!~ i have a huge cardboard cut out of gordon that the manager at my fav gas station gave to me, i like to set it out on race day~ i had to re-stabilize his neck because my husband hates him & when he wins my husband punches the statue in the face...LOLOL~
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

So I live in a reasonably small college town(80K, including 40K students). I'm a fairly well known person(and I only mean in my own miniscule fishbowl), and have a lot of acquaintances(some I consider friends, in varying degrees). Well, I throw quite a few summer parties....so if I know 300 people, I obviously can't invite 300 people to my house(I usually try to keep the limit to 30-35, which is more than I even enjoy - 15 or so is enjoyable). But my pool parties have sort of taken on a certain level of notoriety(not really my doing, just the fact that it's sort of "the hot summer night spot to be" - ie, more to do with the guests, than me!).
And I had a party this weekend, and I can't believe the nerve that some people have...I went out tonight, and was "shamed" three times, because "I wasn't invited....I can't believe you didn't invite me!". My bartender "friend" ~flipped me off~, then lightly smacked me on the face, then made me(intentionally) wait about 15 minutes for a drink. When I was ready for another, he said, "it's last call"(2 hours early). I said, "are you serious?". He said, "it is for you, since you didn't invite me to your party this weekend". Even though he was somewhat kidding, I'd had enough "shaming", and being ignored by a server. I can't host 300 f*cking people, and even if I list an event on FB as BYOB, only about 25% DO BYOB! So I calmly told my friends that I was leaving, and they wanted to know why, I just said that I was tired.

Pardon my rant. It was pretty much for my own venting. Life is so funny. You work hard, and finally succeed, and yet it's never quite the golden life that you worked SO HARD to attain. I try to be the absolute best person that I can, and yet, it's never enough, for everyone. You can't please everyone.

SO I CAME HOME, AND AM DRINKING A GLASS OF WINE, BY MYSELF, BECAUSE IT FELT LIKE A BETTER OPTION, THAN DEALING WITH "ACQUAINTANCES" WHO EXPECT ME TO ENTERTAIN THE ENTIRE TOWN....

Thanks for listening, and yes, I know that I'm very lucky to have what I do. I'm thankful for that(and I'm NOT rich, for the record, only comfortable). But I remember being uber poor, and being much happier...because people didn't have...unusual expectations....
Hey - we all need to rant now and again! Go for it.

I know what you mean about things like this, some people are just never happy. You may well find that certain people, after making a fuss of not being asked, wouldn;t turn up anyway! As for your bartender... patrnising and generally being a d**k like that is one way to end up getting a smack! Majoy assholery.

Uggghhh... people who turn up empty handed to a party are just cheap. Even if it's not a BYOB, you should always turn up with something. All drinks become communal soon enough enyway. I was a student for a loooong time and do remember being pretty poor too (and likely will be again whenever Imovebefore I getset up) but you still try your best to bring something, or explain to the host beforehand if it really is tough.

p.s: Can I come to your next party? Or the next, next, next one... whenever I'm in town?!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I hear ya.

I don't really even have parties anymore because of this kind of crap. When I invite people over I make sure I don't even call it a party. I ask them to come over for "drinks" and to "hang out". Truth be told, I have a lot more fun with a group of 7-10 friends that I do with 35-60 "friends" who are only there to drink and eat for free.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Hey - we all need to rant now and again! Go for it.

I know what you mean about things like this, some people are just never happy. You may well find that certain people, after making a fuss of not being asked, wouldn;t turn up anyway! As for your bartender... patrnising and generally being a d**k like that is one way to end up getting a smack! Majoy assholery.

Uggghhh... people who turn up empty handed to a party are just cheap. Even if it's not a BYOB, you should always turn up with something. All drinks become communal soon enough enyway. I was a student for a loooong time and do remember being pretty poor too (and likely will be again whenever Imovebefore I getset up) but you still try your best to bring something, or explain to the host beforehand if it really is tough.

p.s: Can I come to your next party? Or the next, next, next one... whenever I'm in town?!
Yeah, his behavior last night, showed exactly why he never has been invited. It's funny, last 3 years have been a huge turnaround in my life. Probably the biggest lesson I've learned though, is how to grow a beautiful garden, minus any weeds. I now pull the weeds out. People who don't play well with others. Who love to argue. Who just cause drama in general. Some people are on the fence, and it's a tough call for me, on whether to invite them or not...but if I don't, it hurts their feelings(as happened last night). Do they not see that I can't invite everybody?

Well it kills me that they're always Facebook events, and I state: "Bring your beverage of choice", then at least half of them show up empty handed. I always "donate" a handle of cheap vodka, and a handle of cheap whiskey, and they'll BITCH about having to drink that. "WHAT PART OF BYOB, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?". And I don't mind my poor friends coming empty handed, but good lord, don't bitch about what you're served, when you showed up empty handed, AT a BYOB party.

Next time you're in town, hit me up! I think you and I should tear Nashville a new one, instead!

And thanks for allowing me to vent. I can't do it on FB, because the guilty parties would all recognize themselves!