Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Chances of an Australian tour

Unlike many, much as I love Lindsey, I am really excited to see the new line up. I was so excited that I bought a ticket for Sacramento with no thoughts as to how much it would cost me to get there from sydney Australia. So I don't think I will make it to Sacramento and there will sadly be an empty chair.

Do you think I will get the opportunity to see my favourite band in Sydney?
Old 07-16-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Unlike many, much as I love Lindsey, I am really excited to see the new line up. I was so excited that I bought a ticket for Sacramento with no thoughts as to how much it would cost me to get there from sydney Australia. So I don't think I will make it to Sacramento and there will sadly be an empty chair.

Yes, i expect them to come to Australia for sure... especially since Neil Finn is on the payroll now..
Old 07-16-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would be surprised if they didn’t.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-16-2018, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why on earth would you put this in the Rumours forum? Nobody cares.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why on earth would you put this in the Rumours forum? Nobody cares.
Because the mods said this is the appropriate forum for the current lineup. Sorry you cant seem to accept that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-16-2018, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Yes, i expect them to come to Australia for sure... especially since Neil Finn is on the payroll now..
Even with Neil Finn in the band and his huge Aus and NZ following I really don't think the tour will be international now due to poor ticket sales in the US. I think (even though I expect ticket sales would be good in these countries due to Neil being there and the backlash not so evident) I think they would be too scared to contemplate a loss in profits.... Well Mick would be especially... It simply costs far too much to take tours down under unless you are like Adele, Pink or Ed Sheeran who can guarantee multiple sell out shows in every city.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Because the mods said this is the appropriate forum for the current lineup. Sorry you cant seem to accept that.
Really? Then why are all other threads similar to this, in the post Rumours forum? This is a forum about the RUMOURS lineup. Not the new cash grab line up. I think you are mistaken and we are allowed to discuss the breaking up of the rumours era and LB, not future plans of this new incarnation. Anyone else agree?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Even with Neil Finn in the band and his huge Aus and NZ following I really don't think the tour will be international now due to poor ticket sales in the US. I think (even though I expect ticket sales would be good in these countries due to Neil being there and the backlash not so evident) I think they would be too scared to contemplate a loss in profits.... Well Mick would be especially... It simply costs far too much to take tours down under unless you are like Adele, Pink or Ed Sheeran who can guarantee multiple sell out shows in every city.
With Neil Finn co-headlining, Aus and NZ sound like their best potential markets, so if profitability is an issue, maybe they should just pack up and relocate to Australia permanently.

Lots of wineries for Mick to run, apartments for Stevie to dance around, and coral reefs for John to sail. And less volcanoes and earthquakes for Christine.

I can already picture what Mick would say. "Fleetwood Mac has always been an Australian band, from day one."
Old 07-17-2018, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
With Neil Finn co-headlining, Aus and NZ sound like their best potential markets, so if profitability is an issue, maybe they should just pack up and relocate to Australia permanently.

Lots of wineries for Mick to run, apartments for Stevie to dance around, and coral reefs for John to sail. And less volcanoes and earthquakes for Christine.

I can already picture what Mick would say. "Fleetwood Mac has always been an Australian band, from day one."
I nominate you for POST OF THE WEEK!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hope you do. They do seem to love Australia, so chances seem good. I wouldn't worry too much about the naysayers beating the drum about supposed poor ticket sales. I intend to go but since my shows are still months away, I plan to wait till closer to the event to purchase. I imagine I am not the only one doing so. The band will do just fine despite what some might hope.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Really? Then why are all other threads similar to this, in the post Rumours forum? This is a forum about the RUMOURS lineup. Not the new cash grab line up. I think you are mistaken and we are allowed to discuss the breaking up of the rumours era and LB, not future plans of this new incarnation. Anyone else agree?
Yes, really, and its been explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
As I've already said in another thread on the Rumours forum, discussions about the new line-up in our opinion (meaning we Moderators) should stay in the Rumours forum. If anyone feels more at ease [in Post-Rumours] it's not a problem at all but I don't see why anyone should give up the right to post there.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You must not only like this new line up, but LOVE it very much to buy a ticket without thinking how much it'd cost you to get from Sydney to Sacramento. Don't worry about the empty chair. You already bought the ticket.

I don't think they will make it to Australia/NZ. I don't even think they will make it to Europe. Ticket sales are poor, and it's not wishful thinking, it's the truth. The band might do just fine. Just that they're not used to "just fine".

Having said that, I also don't see a Lindsey's solo tour anywhere, so losses are evident on both sides.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You must not only like this new line up, but LOVE it very much to buy a ticket without thinking how much it'd cost you to get from Sydney to Sacramento. Don't worry about the empty chair. You already bought the ticket.

I don't think they will make it to Australia/NZ. I don't even think they will make it to Europe. Ticket sales are poor, and it's not wishful thinking, it's the truth. The band might do just fine. Just that they're not used to "just fine".

Having said that, I also don't see a Lindsey's solo tour anywhere, so losses are evident on both sides.
Neil, Stevie, and Fleetwood Mac always do well there, so its a very safe bet. Safer than a European tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil, Stevie, and Fleetwood Mac always do well there, so it’s a very safe bet. Safer than a European tour.
Oh, I'm sure you know better than I.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-17-2018 at 12:50 PM..
Old 07-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly, as fans who don't want to see FM without LB and no solo tour being announced we are losing out in every way.

However as LB doesn't tour outside the US, international fans are the ones who miss out on every level.

Obviously LB will do what he wants in the future to make him happy, but do you now understand why some fans 'selfishly' want him to return to FM some day as it may be the only chance they get to see him play again?