User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You lucky guy! Do you still have your job? What kind of boss allows his/her employee to take all that time off from work? Would you still say the Detroit show was the best? What were the top 3? Inquiring minds want to know.
I would have to say Detroit, Tulsa, and Las Vegas were the 3 best.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'd like to thank Fleetwood Mac too!! I think they put on a wonderful show. I seen them in May (bleacher seats) and then again in Nashville right at the stage...and it was the best experience of my life. (Also seen her once in 08 solo tour) I am SOOOO glad they did not drop SS in Nashville, even though it was hard on her she did her best and I still loved it!! I wish I was born back in the day so I could have went to all thoes other tours of theirs... they are so magical. I really hope they tour again.. maybe even with a new album!! That would ROCK!!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thankful for Say You Love Me, though I didn't like the way Lindsey sang his verse.

I'm thankful fo any genuine moments exchanged between SnL, even if I don't know which those might have been. At least I'm thankful for the way they made me feel genuine.

I'm thankful to Lindsey.

I want another FM album. I want Christine (not permanently, just one more time).

Michele
Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is an awesome thread!!! I hope all you in the US had a great time at the concerts!!!!!! It has been sooo fun to even just watch the youtube clips And then it our turn to be there in the audience!!! I can't belive they'll come to Sweden!! THANK YOU FLEETWOOD MAC FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've got to say it means a lot to be a fan of this group, and I'm eternally grateful they took the time, despite whatever controversial upsets it may have caused amongst the fans here and there, to tour and to put on a kick-ass show. I loved every second and the thrill leading up.

And a big THANK YOU to the fans for keeping the love and sharing their favorite moments, reviews, videos, pics, with those who may have not had the chance to see the band live or those who just like to eat it all up. It was very kind and extremely appreciated.

And then of course...
Stevie: you're beautiful. Shine on.
John: what would they be without your rhythm? Stay the same.
Mick: What more can be said? You and John are the backbone and you rock...
and Lindsey: *sigh*I wouldn't even be writing on this board or caring about this band if it were not for you, sir. Thank you for all the energy, passion, love you put into your performances and for never ceasing to amaze me in all your efforts. YOU are my guitar god.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I would have to say Detroit, Tulsa, and Las Vegas were the 3 best.
Well since I only got to see 1 show this time around I'm glad to see that the show I went to ranks in the top 3!!! (Detroit) Thanks to the whole band for coming to Detroit--and special thanks to Stevie for putting up with my flash....

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
Thank You Fleetwood Mac for an excellent U.S. Tour!

I know there were some bumps along the way, but had a BLAST.
Washington DC: Rocked out with good friends and got some good video
Atlantic City: Rocked out again (actually harder) and danced the night away with my favorite band.

Wishing Fleetwood Mac continued success on their UK tour and hope they are not sick of each other by 2010, so they can make a new album. At this point, I am definitely going through concert withdrawals, but audio and DVD and You Tube are helping with that, but really hope they make more new music in 2010.

A big thank you goes out to everyone who posted reviews/photos/audio/video of shows from the tour. I love how fans come together and share their experiences and come together as a community.
Hey Sandy!

What a wonderful and positive thread! I love it! I wanted to concur with you and thank everyone for sharing all of their amazing pictures, videos, music and great reviews with us!

Hugs,

Arlene

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 06-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to be totally sappy on you guys... but I am thankful that FM exists in general. I wouldn't write myself without them. And I'm extra grateful that they're still doing everything they can to put on a good show for us while all of them are into their 60s.

To me, that's love
Old 06-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am thankful that for all the negativity and critical (and I mean CRIT-I-CAL) analysis that was seen on the Ledge, people still know how much FM means to them and how awesome they truly are.

I am also thankful nobody died from utter exhaustion on the first leg.

Europe awaits with the most bathed of breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am also grateful that we did not get the "Granny" sweater and we saw a beautiful red dress and matching boots! Plus the GDW shawl with the red dress looked awesome and different. Oh, and Lindsey in a red t-shirt... looking really hot.

Yes, the frankenboks appeared again, but was towards the end of the U.S. Tour. Damn, if my feet hurt that much due to wearing those high platform boots, I would opt out for more comfy shoes too and am glad she dressed them up a bit with the leather leg warmers. To be honest, I love the boots, but would prefer Stevie to be comfy up there on stage dancing and twirling around with comfy shoes. Would rather see Stevie smiling and twirling like only she can rather than a pained look in her face and not being able to deliver her best on vocals.

Still think "The Chain" should be first in the set as it is a killer opening song, but I digress... We got Storms (wow, what a treat) and some killer deliveries of the ending of Silver Springs. And wow, those GDW wails and the ending with "Dragon" were such a treat. Stevie really does know how to rock that song and make everyone in the concert hall fall under her spell on that song.

I can only imagine the fatigue each band member felt on the road with such a grueling schedule, but they (especially Lindsey and Mick) gave it their all and then some. John, well, he rocks just standing there playing that awesome bass. And Stevie had nights of high energy and some not so much, but gotta love how they are willing to still do this. (especially since there are some fans out there that this was their first FM concert), they had the chance to experience this great band.

So, in closing, looking forward to hearing the reviews in the Fall after a much needed rest for the band. (Plus, it does appear they all are getting along better now and that I am sure will be the key to any future FM projects). Hopefully the Rumours CD/DVD will be released soon to tide us over until they all rock us again.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to say that I absolutely adore the positive energy resonating from this thread. The unconditional love that Mac fans have for their band is absolutely breathtaking-- it is truly unique and I hope that Stevie, Lindsey, Chris, Mick and John realize the depth of our appreciation for what they do.

I am thankful that Fleetwood Mac can serve as a daily reminder of the undeniable power of "roughing it out"-- you never know how much good (or success, or money, or fame, or or or...) can come out of some of the hardest **** possible.

I am thankful that Fleetwood Mac shows us that things don't have to stay the same to be phenomenal. The Mac we hear today is sometimes nothing like the Mac from 30 years ago, but their core is still the same. This applies to their sound, both live and recorded, and also the dynamics of the group.

I am thankful that at the end of every day, nothing matters more to them than the music. There wouldn't be a Mac without it.

I am thankful that they would even bother to tour without a new album! As much as it KILLS me to say it, they aren't going to be able to tour forever... it's important to cherish every opportunity we have to see them live before the worldwide tours become only US tours, the US tours become the occaisonal show and eventually... we have nothing.

I am thankful that the above will not happen until it his physically impossible for the shows to happen. Remember, kids-- most venues have wheelchair access
Old 06-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
Something that made this tour somewhat historical for Fleetwood Mac is that Stevie premiered part of a brand new song on the last night of the tour (except for the make-up dates), which to my knowledge, is something that both the Mac and Stevie have never done before on any tour.
Wow~ I didn't read this info before, will have to search through the next 2 pages of The Ledge... part of a new song- any details? how long was it, did the rest of the band play on it, did she give a title, were any lyrics familiar from demos we may have heard? Gosh, this deserves its own thread- pretty excited to hear about it

Last edited by Nikolaj; 06-25-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Wow~ I didn't read this info before, will have to search through the next 2 pages of The Ledge... part of a new song- any details? how long was it, did the rest of the band play on it, did she give a title, were are lyrics familiar from demos we may have heard? Gosh, this deserves its own thread- pretty excited to hear about it
Agreed! Time for an explanation
Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Agreed! Time for an explanation
I still haven't found the info on The Ledge, but did find something out at The Nicks Fix. Honest!
It was in the fans reviews section, and indeed occured at the final show (Louisiana)
Do I need to post SPOILER SPOILER...? I just saw Livia's Sticky for the first time, and the moderators don't ask us for much, I want to cooperate.
So, I guess part of one new song may be a spoiler...So for those who don't want to know about it, don't read below. For any like daniellaaarisen and myself, who were wondering, the small amount of info is...

---- SPOILER! Stevie sang anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes of a new song-- Spoiler!!!!
and the little bit of info is:
Stevie sang part of a new song, about Hurricane Katrina-- i dont know if a verse and a chorus, if the band played along, or if we have heard of any of the lyrics before. But I think it's awesome she did it! A snippet and a half, even, of something new at the concerts, would make me want to attend every performance possible. Maybe even renew a passport
Lucky Louisiana-ites. Gosh, a natural disaster is the only way to hear something new from her, har It's been raining in CT for 40 days and 40 nights, Stevie..come sing us a bit of 'Space Needle' at The Mohegan Sun
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I still haven't found the info on The Ledge,
Some Ledgies were talking about it here: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=40172. They posted all they could remember of the lyrics.

Michele