User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I really disagree. Take an evening and watch all her interviews and such from In The Meantime on youtube back to back. She repeatedly said that her time with the band had been drawing to a close since sometime in the late 1980s/very early 1990s.
When I see her interviews, I see that she missed her home very much, being away from England and her family. Interviews, deadlines, travel, waking up in a strange bed. That she hated.

I also think being in the band with John directly after their divorce was bad. Watching Mick become a drunken sod sleeping on a basement floor was bad. The Tango break up was bad.

But generally speaking, the stuff that's going on with Lindsey and Stevie now, I really don't think that was a big deal to her. She couldn't care less. I don't think she would see that as negative stimuli. I mean, I often joke to myself that the lyric, "trapped in the middle of a lousy love affair," was about Stevie and Lindsey, but actually I hardly think their drama was a bleep on her radar. I view it as like a 1 on her stress level scale.

Furthermore, outside of big Tango-type altercations, I don't think she had to referee anything. Just her presence saying, "let's finish rehearsing this . . ." was enough to get everything back on track. I mean, just having the third person there keeps things more focused on the music, so that Stevie and Lindsey aren't going head to head with each other. It doesn't take someone standing and screaming at them to be quiet for hours on end. In fact, she said they could get along quite well with each other when they were working. With Christine there, I think they would work more and push each other's buttons less.

I think the draw of the music they made together both the playing and the vocals, would be enough to get her to agree to recording something with them again. And maybe participating in one recorded concert.

Of course, I know she would never go on the road again. That is what I think is definitely over. I don't even daydream about a tour with her.

Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Now you've got me thinking, which isn't necessarily a good idea.

How much acoustic piano is there on post-1974 albums?
She's got a real nice little thing going at the end of Northern Star, but just as you start to let yourself sink into it, the song is over.

Michele
Old 10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now you've got me thinking, which isn't necessarily a good idea.

How much acoustic piano is there on post-1974 albums?

Say You Love Me
Sugar Daddy

Don't Stop
Songbird
Oh Daddy

Sara
What Makes You Think You're the One?
(an early take of Never Make Me Cry)
Beautiful Child

(an early take of Fireflies)
Sara
Not That Funny
Don't Stop

Can't Go Back
Hold Me
Wish You Were Here
Straight Back--1982; The Smile I Live For on the 1984 solo album...
Old 10-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Upstairs, a Ledgie posts about meeting Christine outside Mick's concert:

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...2&postcount=44

Michele
Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Upstairs, a Ledgie posts about meeting Christine outside Mick's concert:

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...2&postcount=44

Michele
What a terrific story! That lucky fan even got a hug & kiss from Chris.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
What a terrific story! That lucky fan even got a hug & kiss from Chris.
No, actually, the fan GAVE a hug and a peck on the cheek to Christine, which I think was aggressive and inappropriate of the fan. My guess is Christine HATED that and only put up with it out of politeness.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
No, actually, the fan GAVE a hug and a peck on the cheek to Christine, which I think was aggressive and inappropriate of the fan. My guess is Christine HATED that and only put up with it out of politeness.
I do have to say that while I am no means OCD (yet), sometimes I resent even being put in the position to have to shake someone's hands these days. Why can't we just nod and smile at each other? I walk into a room and shake hands and I'm just counting the minutes until I'm alone again with the Purell.

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do have to say that while I am no means OCD (yet), sometimes I resent even being put in the position to have to shake someone's hands these days. Why can't we just nod and smile at each other? I walk into a room and shake hands and I'm just counting the minutes until I'm alone again with the Purell.

Michele
I know how you feel. A lot of people don't wash their hands B4 exiting a restroom. Nowadays reaching out one's hand to another & just touching knuckles is an acceptable form of hand shaking. After I shake hands with people I usually go straight to the nearest bathroom to wash my hands. Then I am nervous about touching the light switch and opening the door handle. I'm so glad I am not famous. Then I'd have to deal with all the people who sweat, have bad breath and food in their teeth.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I would have tackled her and screamed like a little girl...

CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sign this!!!!!

no just kidding.. can you imagine?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would have tackled her and screamed like a little girl...

CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sign this!!!!!

no just kidding.. can you imagine?
I don't have any use for autographs, but I'm afraid I would have stared at her. I'd try to be casual about it -- but I wouldn't be very good at that. And I would have tried to sneak a picture. I know that sneaking one is more presumptuous than just asking -- but I probably would have tried to do it anyway. She'd be driving back home as fast as she could!

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know if Christine went to Wembley on either Friday or Saturday night?

It's just that I went on Saturday night and I was quite far back and on the side but I was just about level with the mixing desk which was in the middle of the auditorium. there was a blond haired woman sitting there with a man and talking to the engineer and she was there for the whole of the concert. she didn't seem to be "working".

I wondered whether it might have been her.

Stevie didn't dedicate Landslide to her and none of the others made any mention of her so perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part

Gail
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Does anyone know if Christine went to Wembley on either Friday or Saturday night?

It's just that I went on Saturday night and I was quite far back and on the side but I was just about level with the mixing desk which was in the middle of the auditorium. there was a blond haired woman sitting there with a man and talking to the engineer and she was there for the whole of the concert. she didn't seem to be "working".

I wondered whether it might have been her.

Stevie didn't dedicate Landslide to her and none of the others made any mention of her so perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part

Gail
I'm sure she would make an appearance at one concert. But it would more likely be backstage.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

Gail

But they didn't mention her during the SYW show either did they? We just found out about it later. Also, at that Canterbury show, Mick didn't say her name. He said "she knows who she is." Maybe she specifically told them not to say her name -- or else.

Just maybe the blond you saw . . .

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Remember that hilarious commentary from Miss Manners about Leo Buscaglia & his huggy-huggy ways?

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ju1...caglia&f=false

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Remember that hilarious commentary from Miss Manners about Leo Buscaglia & his huggy-huggy ways?
Where that guy is concerned, I do consider it nothing more than sanctioned groping.

You know on that tour footage when they are in Japan, some of the people do give Christine a gift. I don't know what it was. Cosmetics or a cosmetic mirror maybe. And I remember looking at her and wondering if she was going to hug or kiss them. She didn't. She kind of had a look on her face that was polite, but also said, "what am I going to do with this?"

But like she said, what may come off as aloof may often just be shyness on her part.

Michele