Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2020, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But which "full Mirage show"? Not the LA video - I've seen it already. Wouldn't you rather have a film of the performance at Joe Louis in Detroit, or at the Meadowlands, or the Oakland Coliseum, or McNichols in Denver - all great, great shows that you could discover afresh? Even the show at Irvine Meadows seemed more tightly packed with great, haunting moments than LA. Truthfully, LA felt to me like an also-ran to Irvine (which was about a week or two earlier) and to Oakland the night before. The tour had many highlights, but the stuff that wound up on the sloppy, vibe-killing video didn't capture enough of them.
Yes to all of this. What they put out for the live performances on the Mirage Deluxe was absolutely awful especially after how well the the Tusk Deluxe was done. To just put in the exact songs pulled direct from the 30+ year old Video was lazy and sloppy. A full show with the songs in the correct order, Hold Me, Brown Eyes, etc would have been so much better. Somewhere I have MP3 files of Oakland and Denver. It’s been years since I pulled them up but from what I remember both are great shows and include equally strong performances of the video highlights (The Chain, Sisters). I can imagine actual recordings that have been cleaned up would be amazing and certainly preferable to what they actually did on Deluxe.