Business and murder
They go hand in hand

Dancing
Dancing
Dancing
Dancing
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now shippers. Shoot. If this isn't about Stevie's recent dropouts for Macprojects, I'll eat a broom.

BTW, thanks, CADreaming...

Old 05-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Now shippers. Shoot. If this isn't about Stevie's recent dropouts for Macprojects, I'll eat a broom.
Ha! It sounds that way, right?! But, I thought Bob Aguirre said it was an older song? Anyway, I guess it fits. And, probably why it's been dropped... lol Reminds me of Stevie saying Lindsey is the kind of person who will climb up on a cross to prove a point.

Quote:
Sure, no prob.

Last edited by CADreaming; 05-06-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does the poor little raven live in the penny arcade of Edgar Allen Poe?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I was wondering the same thing
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Exactly!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like this song a lot actually - if it was sped up just a litttle bit it'd do wonders for it. The melody is nice.

Lyrics are certainly interesting. "All those who love her are wasting away"... interesting.

Also, "Dancing" = "The Dance" = this never ending cycle they have going on....

Last edited by WildHearted; 05-06-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

video from The Wiltern:

Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ha! It sounds that way, right?! But, I thought Bob Aguirre said it was an older song? Anyway, I guess it fits. And, probably why it's been dropped... lol Reminds me of Stevie saying Lindsey is the kind of person who will climb up on a cross to prove a point.
he didn't. he just said it is a never before recorded or performed song.

i'm with whoever said they'll eat a broom. this song is saying similar thing that Mick was talking about in that playboy interview.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can hear this song with production/arrangement like WATL or TAFE iwth billowy vocals. All very ethereal and almost lullaby-esque.

Either that or like Sleeping Around the Corner. Speed it up, slap some drums and synth on it and it could be cool.

EDIT: Hearing this song has also offset my initial disappointment about the backing tracks. I hope it's not too long before a new album, but if this song isn't even recorded then I guess it could be a while...

Last edited by Peestie; 05-06-2012 at 11:10 AM..
Old 05-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

Trying to begin at the end of the game and promises, promises already planned sure makes me think of that.

Although the rest of the song sounds like an older Stevie. I don't think she's lost anymore. I'd like to know when it was written.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-06-2012 at 01:40 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I like this song a lot actually - if it was sped up just a litttle bit it'd do wonders for it. The melody is nice.
Yeah, it definitely needs speed. I can't even really pick out the melody right now. You could die and have the medics come in and revive you doing this slow dirge. But sure it could be entirely different once he got it in the studio.

It sounds like something that is drawn out because you're making it up at your kid's bedside when trying to get them to go to sleep. Well, except for the murder part.

Michele
Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, it definitely needs speed. I can't even really pick out the melody right now. You could die and have the medics come in and revive you doing this slow dirge. But sure it could be entirely different once he got it in the studio.

It sounds like something that is drawn out because you're making it up at your kid's bedside when trying to get them to go to sleep. Well, except for the murder part.

having listened to Dancing several times so far, this is my take on the song - and it going in and out of the setlist:

since Dancing was dropped now, guess LB feels he's got its message across enough? you couldn't not get the words with his singing it that slow.

the song itself - melody is simple but pretty, and if sped up a little and with nice arrangement, sounds like it could be a very pretty song. i think he should definitely have it on his next album, and would be curious to hear what he does with it in the studio.

but - he might never record it if it was in his set just as a message to the person who broke promises already made... which might be one of the reasons for this impromptu solo-alone tour. if so, i will be eternally grateful to her for breaking the promise!!

now everybody's saying that his set is too short with Dancing dropped. so - time for Rock Away Blind to come in!! or Gone Too Far - or even better - both!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but - he might never record it if it was in his set just as a message to the person who broke promises already made... which might be one of the reasons for this impromptu solo-alone tour. if so, i will be eternally grateful to her for breaking the promise!!

now everybody's saying that his set is too short with Dancing dropped. so - time for Rock Away Blind to come in!! or Gone Too Far - or even better - both!
Lindsey's got some great songs that I would still like to get recorded. I would hate to have Dancing and not Given Thing which sounds amazing, even without real words.

His set is definitely too short and I don't quite understand. With the guys, he never really got a rest, except for World Turning. So, I'm not sure why he would have a shorter set now than he did before. Plus, he runs the stage more with a band than he does alone, so he shouldn't be that tired. I think he should get one song from each solo album in there. Represent, Lindsey.

Michele
Old 05-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey's got some great songs that I would still like to get recorded. I would hate to have Dancing and not Given Thing which sounds amazing, even without real words.
why not record both? and while he's at it, release finally Deep Dense (but please LB - do not re-record that one!).

btw, i know now why i like the melody of Dancing chorus - he ripped it off from one of the verses of the song i can't quite remember now - but sing it to yourself w/o words - just that dancing dancing melody part - anybody can remember what / whose song that was?

Quote:
His set is definitely too short and I don't quite understand. With the guys, he never really got a rest, except for World Turning. So, I'm not sure why he would have a shorter set now than he did before. Plus, he runs the stage more with a band than he does alone, so he shouldn't be that tired. I think he should get one song from each solo album in there. Represent, Lindsey.
i am 200% with you on represent part - GOS, Tusk, OOTC - all not represented at all.

however i think i can easily understand shorter set (just not this short Lindsey!!) - just look at him in those vids - he has to be extremely focused all the time to control almost everything by himself, making sure backing track doesn't run away from him, being there in the middle to start and stop it if it does etc. guess sound man would also do some of that controlling but still... plus isn't it easier/less tiresome getting carried away and moving around than standing in one place as he seems to have to with all the multitasking he's doing?

it would be nice to hear some of the people here who are experienced with how the sound, backing tracks and all that works since i'm just speculating about something i really have no idea about...